chant ideas/ other teams' chants thread

Leicester Ram

Being the creative ******* i am, ive come up with a few chants.

(to the tune of my bonny went over the ocean)

James Baileys looks like an orange,

James Bailey plays like Xavi,

James Bailey's better than Lampard,

And shags more girls than John Terry

Bring back, bring back, bring back James Bailey to me, to me!

Bring back, bring back , bring back james Bailey to me!

(to the tune of that Noah's ark song, animals came in two by two etc.)

We always knew he'd join the Rams, Tyson! Tyson!

We are now his biggest fans Tyson! Tyson!

He waves a flag, he scores a goal,

He's derby right down to the soul

Nathan Tyson, derby's number 9!!!

If anyone else has any good chants they've heard or are going around I thought this thread would be a good way to post them 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tis true.

The lads that start the chants like their own ideas and tend never to pick owt up off messagboards. Shame.

I always liked the idea of a thread where we all post catchy songs (youtube links) that have yet to be made into football songs (or are not used) and then perhaps another thread where people can run with it from there. Was it you EKR that mentioned that tune to the old BN,BN adverts? Good tune. Easy. But we just don't use them.

I'd like to hear more banter with our players. Like Bywater with his art. "You never keep clean sheets!" It's good to give 'em a giggle. Bailey's tan. Crofts head, B.Davies kicking an imaginary toddler out the way before every set peice. Could probably pick on most of them in a playful way.

Birmingham fans can be pretty funny. I don't like the mardy yamyams. But they do occasionally make me giggle.

Be nicer if we showed some wit.

But we stick to the same old and tested tunes. And new ones never catch on. Everyone wants to sing "Chelsea's a sh1thole" or "Your support is kin ****" to Leeds. Or "Come on in to West Ham/Millwall/Chelsea/Cardiff" etc.

It's a shame. I quite like our fans. Just not PP and the whole set up there.

I cringe at most of them now,

Oh when The [insert club nickname] Go Marching In ...sung slowly copying Spurs

[insert home team city/town] is a poohole I want to go home

or when your at home

We're [insert club name] we'll sing on our own, which is pretty duff considering that most games the away fans outsing the home fans.

I'm surprised the Poznan hasn't reached Pride Park yet, I can just picture the old folk in the West Stand putting their flasks and blankets down so they can all turn round and bounce.

I've made my peace with the fact we're 'quiet'. We're never going to be a noisy, team backing, intimidating place to come to. And we'll never travel as well as we used to.

'We're not what we were, we're not what we weeeeeeeeeere,

We're Derby County, we're not what we were'

To be fair to nick and the lads they try new bits n bobs but people at derby are stuck in a routine!! Old songs and that's it!! And most people, me included give up alot when higgo and there's another lad at the back just behind me who bang on the wall behind them because they bang so fast and out of tune that it's pointless doing it!!

Also for me the s/e corner is probably the worst place in the ground for the home fans to be in terms of singing due to the way of the ground structure, the noise doesn't travel well, something I noticed last season in the north stand!!!

Derby county should spend a few quid and convert the s/e for the away fans and get the lads from s/e into the south!! Would be so much louder!!

What about a rugby style version of old mcdonald ...

Old McDonald had a farm

E - I - E - I - O

and on that farm he had some RAMS

E - I - E - I - O

And the Rams were ramming it here

And the Rams were ramming it there

They were ramming it here, ramming it there

Ramming it everywhe-ere

Ohhhhhh oh

Old McDonald had a farm etc

We are the Rams

We are the Rams

We are we are we are the Rams

To the tune of "we are the mods" from Quadrophenia.

Swear I heard that on the video when we play Fulham in 1983 and the crowd are on the pitch for the last ten minutes of the game.

That is my suggestion. It shall be my only one as none of them get started anyway.

Old McDonald had a farm

E - I - E - I - O

E - I - E - I - O

Ramming it everywhe-ere

Ohhhhhh oh

What about the the last line from an old favourite - just for you...

FOOK OFF YOU FOREST BA$TARD, WE ARE THE DERBY BOYS

No offence to the lads at the back who usually start the songs, normally nick and the people he's with. But they're normally a bit p*ssed up and all just join in with each others ****, repetitive chants that make them think they're any good. As Asanvic said, i've made my peace with it and dont really care anymore but if someones serious about making change they need to go about it in the right way, not what happens now.

Old McDonald had a farm

E - I - E - I - O

E - I - E - I - O

Ramming it everywhe-ere

Ohhhhhh oh

wft?

Archived