chant ideas/ other teams' chants thread

Leicester Ram

No offence to the lads at the back who usually start the songs, normally nick and the people he's with. But they're normally a bit p*ssed up and all just join in with each others ****, repetitive chants that make them think they're any good. As Asanvic said, i've made my peace with it and dont really care anymore but if someones serious about making change they need to go about it in the right way, not what happens now.

Wasnt going to mention this but will...........

We started a new song off at PPS v Southampton (been sung at an away game once)

It was the 1 man and a son of god beat the scum at Forest, all the way up to ten men,nine men, eight men etc one man and a son of god beat the scum at Forest, then we only had 10 men, we only had 10 men............

It was only us south standers that knew this song, rather than certain indiviuduals carry it on some of the East Stand response to us were "where were you when we were ****...

This is why the atmosphere will never improve, fans are too much stuck in their ways and you are seen by many as a w*****r for trying to actually do something about...

By all accounts certain fans took offence to us singing that song or any song for that matter, almost like we are on their patch. Dont know how many times I can say but as the corner/south stand we are always as one. Yes we banter to try and get each other louder but the above for me was below the belt and some what deflates my positivity!

I wanted to discuss this last night at Reading but these fans were not there so might try Saturday! ;-)

Nick

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well nick I personally think that those that sing that to yourselfs are *********!! Do they not realise that u are approx 10% off Derbys away following for alot of games!! Just because u only started sitting together last few seasons means u never went before!!! Hmmmmm!!!! I had a little run in on Saturday at the match with some tool when u were singing that song!!! He was joining in singing it with u as was I and as soon as it had finished he started taking the piss with his mates out of u lot then started to shout... There's only 5 of u singing 5 of u singing.. I calmly said to him that he was singing with u and it's funny how I never see that bloke at home or away games... So I asked him in the same manner that he told u that there were only 5 of u singing, if he came with the groupon, I couldn't understand why he was offended!!!

It was the 1 man and a son of god beat the scum at Forest, all the way up to ten men,nine men, eight men etc one man and a son of god beat the scum at Forest, then we only had 10 men, we only had 10 men............

It was only us south standers that knew this song, rather than certain indiviuduals carry it on some of the East Stand response to us were "where were you when we were ****...

This is why the atmosphere will never improve, fans are too much stuck in their ways and you are seen by many as a w*****r for trying to actually do something about...

By all accounts certain fans took offence to us singing that song or any song for that matter, almost like we are on their patch. Dont know how many times I can say but as the corner/south stand we are always as one. Yes we banter to try and get each other louder but the above for me was below the belt and some what deflates my positivity!

I wanted to discuss this last night at Reading but these fans were not there so might try Saturday! ;-)

Nick

Leicester (which was a shocker off the pitch again). Took me until 8 men to know what the next part was!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I liked it though.

Seriously though, some fans are just complete tools. Unless you were singing something horrifically offensive (Istanbul, Hillsborough, Munich etc related) then why would they get the hump? Probably because they like to think they're the only one's who can do the singing - that their way of supporting the side is right? I was critical of "you lot" in this regard before, but I think that was my error as i've since seen loads of non South Standers at away games start the songs off and you join in. If anyone has the afforementioned attitude they need to get over it - a healthy rivalry between the stands is good (East stand gi's a song/We're the South Stand etc) if it gets each stand trying to out do each other, but ridiculing people for attempting to improve the atmosphere ain't on.

Offer them some constructive feedback and they're more likely to accept your ideas I think.

Nick

I liked that song last night, good effort.

Home games arent the time to introduce new songs by the sound of it, and probably never have been, you've got to much of a regular crowd that are all in the same place and as you say, stuck in there ways.

What's the correct way then EKR

Well, if i was gunna do it i'd try a few things. I'd say there's normally about 10-20 people Nick's with at away games who like to start songs, to implement new songs you need to be coordinated with most of them, maybe spread them around an away stand a bit, get Higgo involved, have meetings.

Only start one song at a time and dont stop singing it till it's known by everyone, last season there was about 6 different songs trying to get started during certain runs of games, that's never guna work especially when some of them are quite long. Maybe use the songsheets again but just put one song on it, with the benefit of hindsight putting 10 on was never really gunna work.

Im totally against starting new songs that are just the changed words of another clubs song. Across the Derby boards there's been enough suggestions of new, catchy, original ideas that could all be started if people put there mind to it. Tune's that are easy to clap along to usually spread quicker. You notice the 'everywhere we go, it's the Derby boys making all the noise' song gets quite loud at time, it's a catchy tune that even people at the front clap along to.

At the start of the season someone suggested using a local pub to drink in before home games to be used as a 'singing' pub. Get 20 or so people in one singing, trying out new songs and numbers would hopefully grow.

Not saying all this is the correct way, if you did all the above and it still didnt work i'd say it's time to give up. But in about the last couple of years when the BA lot started, there hasnt been one original chant implemented. Yes there's been a few of the usual copied with changed words chants but any club can do that, that says alot for what you're doing now isnt working.

When people you're with/you know start a **** song, instead of just joining in, tell them to shut the f*ck up. Whoever starts 'sit down we're in church today' and 'f*ck the church lets make some noise' needs to be told that it's the worse football song to ever be sung and to stop starting it.

It's probably not popular, and i'd hate it if he did it to me, but that tall lad who patrols up and down the aisles sometimes whipping people up has got it spot on -sometimes people just need a bit of "encouragement". People at the front should be made more involved. They probably don't want to stand and sing all game, in fact that's been proven, but surely they could muster a simple, "Coooooooooommmmmmmmee onnnnnnnnn yooooooooooouuuuu Raaaaaaaaaammms", or "We are Derby" from time to time?

Prompt them to give us a song and see what happens.

We are the Rams

We are the Rams

We are we are we are the Rams

To the tune of "we are the mods" from Quadrophenia.

Swear I heard that on the video when we play Fulham in 1983 and the crowd are on the pitch for the last ten minutes of the game.

That is my suggestion. It shall be my only one as none of them get started anyway.

That's the best one so far.

Apart from Sweet Caroline, not changing any of the words. If you were in Jorrocks after the forest match you'll understand why.

We are the Rams

We are the Rams

We are we are we are the Rams

To the tune of "we are the mods" from Quadrophenia.

Swear I heard that on the video when we play Fulham in 1983 and the crowd are on the pitch for the last ten minutes of the game.

That is my suggestion. It shall be my only one as none of them get started anyway.

Yes Joe, you would have heard that, it was a popside favourite back in the day.

6ft 8inch Danny warden is the lad up n down the isles!!! Top lad!!

Sweet caroline would be a great song to sing,

As would living on a prayer that was done at Crawley last season!! But could we imagine half the east stand Burberry boys singing either of them???

Or another old skool one.......

I was born under the Ozzie end

I was born under the Ozzie end,

Knifes were made for stabbing,

Guns were made for shooting,

I've never met a forest fan, that dint deserve a booting

iiiii was born under the Ozzie end......

Well, if i was gunna do it i'd try a few things. I'd say there's normally about 10-20 people Nick's with at away games who like to start songs, to implement new songs you need to be coordinated with most of them, maybe spread them around an away stand a bit, get Higgo involved, have meetings.

Only start one song at a time and dont stop singing it till it's known by everyone, last season there was about 6 different songs trying to get started during certain runs of games, that's never guna work especially when some of them are quite long. Maybe use the songsheets again but just put one song on it, with the benefit of hindsight putting 10 on was never really gunna work.

Im totally against starting new songs that are just the changed words of another clubs song. Across the Derby boards there's been enough suggestions of new, catchy, original ideas that could all be started if people put there mind to it. Tune's that are easy to clap along to usually spread quicker. You notice the 'everywhere we go, it's the Derby boys making all the noise' song gets quite loud at time, it's a catchy tune that even people at the front clap along to.

At the start of the season someone suggested using a local pub to drink in before home games to be used as a 'singing' pub. Get 20 or so people in one singing, trying out new songs and numbers would hopefully grow.

Not saying all this is the correct way, if you did all the above and it still didnt work i'd say it's time to give up. But in about the last couple of years when the BA lot started, there hasnt been one original chant implemented. Yes there's been a few of the usual copied with changed words chants but any club can do that, that says alot for what you're doing now isnt working.

When people you're with/you know start a **** song, instead of just joining in, tell them to shut the f*ck up. Whoever starts 'sit down we're in church today' and 'f*ck the church lets make some noise' needs to be told that it's the worse football song to ever be sung and to stop starting it.

EKR,

As I have said before I would like you to be more involved if you are happy for that?

Yes we have agreed to meet in the Portland Hotel for the next home game, would be good if you could join us? Once we have a proper pub as a setup base things will try and be progressed again with such meetings etc.

I am personally for all rebranding as the black and white army, BA name dropped ages ago... Lets not turn this thread into a name calling one with suggestions etc...

Nick

EKR,

As I have said before I would like you to be more involved if you are happy for that?

Yes we have agreed to meet in the Portland Hotel for the next home game, would be good if you could join us? Once we have a proper pub as a setup base things will try and be progressed again with such meetings etc.

I am personally for all rebranding as the black and white army, BA name dropped ages ago... Lets not turn this thread into a name calling one with suggestions etc...

Nick

Would love to mate but dont get to as many games as i'd like, havent got the money to go from Bournemouth (at uni now) to Derby every other week so pick and choose away games to attend, will be at Peterborough next. Always happy to chat online or over the phone and offer my input, just my opinion but coordination between the main song starters is vital if you want to make a change.

There's enough quality song suggestions on this messageboard to have a meeting and pick and choose, starting one at a time is the another must imo.

Have the club said no to a singing section in the North East stand?

There seems to be a lot of people who are up for a song or two around there, especially in the upper.

Saying that I know you have moved twice already and are now in the south stand, but maybe it's just a bit to close to corner?

Archived