Most hated person in Derby's history

Saunders89

Billy for me, yes he got us up and I had a great day at Wembley however the following year/s was/were pure hell.

Every team Billy has managed has then got relegated, Preston was the following year. He has left every club in financial ruin, Motherwell ended up in admin. One the plus side - like i said above every club he has managed has then got relegated, let’s see what happens to Florest. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Wow, when people are claiming Billy as the most hated man in our history it just goes to show you how GOOD you must have had it recently....

The likes of Kirkland,Docherty and Maxwell pretty much blew the club into a million little pieces, whereas Billy was guilty of getting us promoted too quickly...Shame on him eh!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, when people are claiming Billy as the most hated man in our history it just goes to show you how GOOD you must have had it recently....

The likes of Kirkland,Docherty and Maxwell pretty much blew the club into a million little pieces, whereas Billy was guilty of getting us promoted too quickly...Shame on him eh!

I'm sure there are more hated figures, but that's not the reason we hate Billy Davies.

yep, the reason people hate him is because we fired him and then...guess what he had the nerve to do........he only went and got himself another job.....!! can you belive it...?

You give him enough love to make up for all us who dont like the Dwarf.

yep, the reason people hate him is because we fired him and then...guess what he had the nerve to do........he only went and got himself another job.....!! can you belive it...?

You've either got a short memory, or conveniently forgetting the fact that he was a trouble making little ****. Don't take Derby's word for it - ask every club he's managed!!!

You've either got a short memory, or conveniently forgetting the fact that he was a trouble making little ****. Don't take Derby's word for it - ask every club he's managed!!!

Yeah, the trouble he caused, especially when he won us that pesky most lucrative game of football in the world ever, oh how I hated that weekend, trying to get a hotel, and finding a pub to get drunk at afterwards celebrating.....I hate celebrating...

Yeah, the trouble he caused, especially when he won us that pesky most lucrative game of football in the world ever, oh how I hated that weekend, trying to get a hotel, and finding a pub to get drunk at afterwards celebrating.....I hate celebrating...

I'll leave this, as I think you're slightly missing the point. Ne'er mind.

Anyway, he's not the most hated man in Derby, just to back on topic.

It has to be 'the Doc', this idiot gutted a team that was pretty much the same that won the league 2 years before. He replaced Todd with Vic Moreland, and Charlie George with Billy Caskey. His '3 Van Goghs' in midfield were more like a technicolour yawn by Jackson Pollack. His transfer dealings eventually bankrupted Derby playing wise and panic measures in the year after he left bankrupted us financially, and led to the takeover by the Maxwells in the 80's. Second to that idiot and liar, must be the fraudster and bouncing Czech, Bob Maxwell. All I can say, we came out of it lightly compared to the Mirror staff and their pensions....Finally, must be the fat 'Financial Doctor' Jeremy Keith - who essentially just dined out on Derby for nearly 3 years, whilst the rest of us dined on scraps. What links these people seems to be the following:

1. They were all fat.

2. They were all liars and/or fraudsters

(2) above - is backed by court convictions or court judgments.

Great post Peter P. You have completely summed up my view on who is the most loathed people ever at Derby. Can hate anyone as I refuse to waste that much emotion on them.

Whilst the whole Clough/Taylor stich up leaves a bitter taste, Docherty will always be the start of the cancer that ate at us for a very long time.

Well I only have limited years on me and didn't support the Rams until the Jim Smith years when I went to Derby Uni. I don't feel I can comment on Kirkland, Docherty and Maxwell.

I honestly think although Billy Davis clearly gets a team to work together and succeed, he has no interest in the club as a whole and is just out for himself and his buddies.

I do recall how he allegedly informed Peschisolido and Seth they were not going to renewing their contracts after we got promoted. Not nice.

[size=3] [/size]

It has to be 'the Doc', this idiot gutted a team that was pretty much the same that won the league 2 years before. He replaced Todd with Vic Moreland, and Charlie George with Billy Caskey. His '3 Van Goghs' in midfield were more like a technicolour yawn by Jackson Pollack. His transfer dealings eventually bankrupted Derby playing wise and panic measures in the year after he left bankrupted us financially, and led to the takeover by the Maxwells in the 80's. Second to that idiot and liar, must be the fraudster and bouncing Czech, Bob Maxwell. All I can say, we came out of it lightly compared to the Mirror staff and their pensions....Finally, must be the fat 'Financial Doctor' Jeremy Keith - who essentially just dined out on Derby for nearly 3 years, whilst the rest of us dined on scraps. What links these people seems to be the following:

1. They were all fat.

2. They were all liars and/or fraudsters

(2) above - is backed by court convictions or court judgments.

....and he sold Billy Hughes who was scoring goals for us even though he didn't want to leave!

This must be one of the best football photo's ever taken.

You can see Billy thinking "oh ****".

I've read Dave Mackay,s book. He comes over as very quiet, unassuming, polite and a gentleman. People who played with him and against him said he was the bravest and toughest player they ever saw.

Bremner would have known him from his reputation or as a coleague in the Scotland squad. Either way, he knew he was in trouble!

Wow, when people are claiming Billy as the most hated man in our history it just goes to show you how GOOD you must have had it recently.... The likes of Kirkland,Docherty and Maxwell pretty much blew the club into a million little pieces, whereas Billy was guilty of getting us promoted too quickly...Shame on him eh!

We don't like Billy Davies because he is an odious, back-stabbing, dwarf like, troll of a man with limited managerial ability who made us the worst side ever to grace the Premier League and an embarrassment to the entire footballing fraternity. I think it's about time you simply face up to the fact that you're in the very, very small minority that actually hold him in high regard...

Archived