Derby County v Barnsley

Boycie

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realise that Derby are a bigger club than Barnsley but when you look at your record over the last few seasons, would he have thought you were really that much more likely to get into the Premier League than us?

Fair enough if he'd moved to a club like West Ham or Birmingham but that's just how us Barnsley fans see it, you may disagree.

I agree with you.

If we were asked, this time last year, how we'd feel being second in the league, we'd be saying things like 'i'd love every minute of it...i'd give owt to be up there...it'd be great..i'd enjoy every match I went to if we weren't losing every week...

Just as stressful winning, than losing. Disappointment's the same, when really, it shouldn't be...

Enjoy it....we've waited long enough.

Clough on the radio tonight sounded so excited and happy - we played them off the park, ripped them to bits. OK we didn't win, but bloody hell, it's not often you hear Clough like that. It's all coming together. We HAVE been patient, and now we deserve to enjoy it. Let's fly the banner over the City Ground, why not? We've put up with some **** these past seasons.

first half started brightly, but they got into it and did better and better defense sat way too deep at times for me, got the goal and we didn't pressure enough, second half pressured more and it got results, theo was awful tonight, ward was my man of the match, caused constant problems and did really well.

very good match

two sides going at it hell for leather for 90 mins

barnsley can play a bit

so can we

unlucky not to nick it

was theo offside? if so i didn't see it.

first half started brightly, but they got into it and did better and better defense sat way too deep at times for me, got the goal and we didn't pressure enough, second half pressured more and it got results, theo was awful tonight, ward was my man of the match, caused constant problems and did really well.

Glass always tinged with such half emptiness for one so young................ Just to remind you we are equal top. This is the bit we enjoy!

Bloody annoyed with the gods of luck that we didn't win tonight but very proud of the lads as they put in a solid shift and by all accounts we could have finished eight goals to the good. Let's take this frustration to Leicester and show them what team spirit is all about.

I think he have had plenty of luck in other games, ie watford

Great match tonight, superb entertainment. Really enjoyed. Yes, frustrating not to get the win, but credit to Barnsley, they defended like heroes for their fans. Just good to see a Derby team give their all, put in a shift and earn their wage. Well done Derby and Nigel, team looking good. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived