Derby County v Barnsley

Boycie

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont think the 'out of position' argument applies to the goal....it was a high ball from the keeper into the box....all he's got to do is head it....but he freezes and as a result it sails over him.

Is he deliberately leaving it....hoping it goes out for a goal kick?

you can bet O'Brien would have headed it.

Re: Anderson - totally the weak link in the first half, game changed dramatically when he came on. Second half he seemed to improve so whilst I would agree he was out of position (which wouldn't have helped him) I think he was suffering more form being ring rusty and it took him until second half to pick up the pace (and what a hell of a pace it was) of the game.

I think Wardy played a big part in Anderson's improvement for the second half as he seemed to be very conscious of covering him - partly Wardy's fab attitude and perhaps partly a half - time instruction. Case in point was toward the end of the game Anderson got sucked into the middle of the park with his man and Wardy was immediately there covering at left back (and even looking along the line to Shackle to ensure he wasn't likely to play anyone onside). This is the sort of thing that is happening throughout the team, they are really playing for each other - simply brilliant to see.

Well done to our fans too last night.

Not only did they make a decent noise but most of 'em even stayed up until full time.

Heard the North Stand and NE stand a few times too. Considering the SE (where i am) and the Barnsley lot were in decent voice the North Stand must of made some right noise on occasion?

Be nice if we could maintain that level for other games. It's sometimes hard when Millwall come with about 400 fans, but last night wasn't too much to ask. Very decent.

Except the bloke behind me. When they scored almost everyone within my hearing began "Derby, Derby, Derby....", well, not this bloke. No, as usual every Derby player is a "useless, lazy cnut". Plus a few other colourful names.

Please stay at home. Because we might win/draw more than we lose this season. And i know how you hate to have nothing to complain about.

And if we do start losing and i have to listen to your ridiculous laughable comments, i'm going to trip you downstairs. Not good considering your row V. Piss off.

Some of these a few rows behind me. I'm only on row C, but I'd like to push them up the stairs.

Re: Anderson - totally the weak link in the first half, game changed dramatically when he came on. Second half he seemed to improve so whilst I would agree he was out of position (which wouldn't have helped him) I think he was suffering more form being ring rusty and it took him until second half to pick up the pace (and what a hell of a pace it was) of the game.

I think Wardy played a big part in Anderson's improvement for the second half as he seemed to be very conscious of covering him - partly Wardy's fab attitude and perhaps partly a half - time instruction. Case in point was toward the end of the game Anderson got sucked into the middle of the park with his man and Wardy was immediately there covering at left back (and even looking along the line to Shackle to ensure he wasn't likely to play anyone onside). This is the sort of thing that is happening throughout the team, they are really playing for each other - simply brilliant to see.

Spot on mate.

We didn't look like scoring when Cywka came on.

I agree Theo's absolute w*nk, but that doesn't matter. The fact is, when he's on the pitch, the over 10 players on the pitch play a hell of a lot better.

Disagreeing with the comments about Davies. He got 3 in 9 when he came back last season and now 5 in 8 this season. That's 8 in 17 since his return from injury.

cywka came on in the 89th minute so he had little time to create anything, to compare that to theo who was on the pitch for 89 minutes is unfair.

Just watching the game on the Player and at around 21 minutes the ball goes out and even our three subs who are warming up eagerly appeal for the ball. It's great how even the players who aren't in the starting eleven are showing such a desire for the club to do well even at fairly insignificant moments like a throw in (that clearly came off our player last).

Archived