Derby County v Barnsley

Boycie

All very sensible and a good post. Just one thing DCFC is, whatever you may think, a step up from Barnsley, i do mean that in the nicest possible way though!

yeah, derby is generally considered a "bigger" club than barnsley and I would have to agree with that statement, also it's not like Barnsley were flying high.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, derby is generally considered a "bigger" club than barnsley and I would have to agree with that statement, also it's not like Barnsley were flying high.

tbf i would say DCFC is bigger than many clubs, but thats natural. Saying DCFC are not a step up from Barnsley is just pushing it a little though.

It's like saying sex with a beautiful woman isn't a step up from thrashing away, hunched double over a picture of Anne Widecombe.

tbf i would say DCFC is bigger than many clubs, but thats natural. Saying DCFC are not a step up from Barnsley is just pushing it a little though.

It's like saying sex with a beautiful woman isn't a step up from thrashing away, hunched double over a picture of Anne Widecombe.

well derby is bigger than most clubs, i was trying to sound modest while explaining derby is a lot bigger than barnsley. I am loving that analogy by the way.

Barnsley Fan here.

I reckon a draw tonight. 0-0 or 1-1. We're unbeaten away this season, only conceding 3 from our 4 away games so I definitely don't see us getting thrashed.

We do struggle for goals though and have a ridiculous number of players out injured, Andy Gray is our only fit experienced striker, and I don't see him scoring tonight.

That said, we really have really improved these last few matches, we're now 5 unbeaten and should easily have won our last 3 but only came away with 1-1 draws. We completely dominated Birmingham at St. Andrews on Saturday, a team yet to have dropped a point at home but a late equalizer snatched them a point. Keith Hill's getting the players to work hard and we're playing some really entertaining football. There's a massive sense of optimism for the rest of the season despite a not so great start. I reckon we will surprise you. Watch out for Jacob Butterfield, scored a beauty on Saturday and has been our best player this season.

As for Addison, he's taken a lot of stick for not being mobile enough and being a Darren Moore type player who's just technically not good enough. That said, he was our man of the match on the opening day away at Forest and has been injured these last couple of weeks. The jury's still out. But way our midfield trio (Butterfield, Perkins and Drinkwater) are playing at the moment he stands no chance of getting into our starting 11.

Regarding Shackell, the general consensus is that he did just move for money because we didn't see it as a step up, although you do seem to be doing well this season. I think some people will boo him but there's no denying he did a very good job for us.

Good luck tonight, Up the Reds!

Oreyt Barnsley fan, although I wish Barnsley well (I'm from darn Wombwell) have a good match - but ya waint win, the points are ours! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Seriously though, I think the match will be hard fought, I'd be over the moon with a win but I see a draw somehow.

Shackell considered it a step up even though we've been in 8 relegation threats in the last 10 years. 1 season in which we won once and got 11 points in 38 games. We've been a struggling Championship side since then and Barnsley finished above us.

I can understand barnsleys point of view.

Doesn't matter how many silent fans we get at home or how many noisy fans travel in a minibus and a taxi away. CURRENTLY, we're not looking much of a step up.

With Clough in charge I hope we can prove ourselves a big club.

Well I'm not going tonight 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Archram/ladyram, give them a shout for me, nice n loud, please.

1-0 to the rams.

A birthday goal for the LUURRVVE SHAK, off a Ben Davies corner.

Aw Mrs - I wish I could, but I'm not going either!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> Dav's just gone and I have to settle for commentary while I do me sodding ironing! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> In fact, sod that, I'll be on match chat!!

So Archram, give a shout please please please for me and Mrs 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Ain't got that either (bloody obvious) otherwise i would'nt be asking.

Oh, I'm sorry if it was 'bloody obvious'. I was actually trying to be helpful. I really don't know that I can see any need to be a **** about it.

You'll struggle to find a radio commentary online. They're not licensed.

Maybe you'll just have to part with your cash and get Rams Player.

Or... hang on... would you like MY password?

Yes?

I think not.

Enjoy not listening :-)

Thinking that Derby isn't a step up LOL. Oh Barnsley

I realise that Derby are a bigger club than Barnsley but when you look at your record over the last few seasons, would he have thought you were really that much more likely to get into the Premier League than us?

Fair enough if he'd moved to a club like West Ham or Birmingham but that's just how us Barnsley fans see it, you may disagree.

Archived