40 years

PBW Ram

Wow thats awful! Okay so thats quite a bad record, seriously, that many?! Well, records are there to be changed, in this case, and I think we're capable of doing just that. I mean they've only won once in their last 7 league games and that was against Doncaster, and I think that records more important atm.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the next 6, I'd be happy be with 7 points, half-anticipating that we'll be found out by the more established sides in the division.

But I think with all things considered and the way the team's playing at the moment, we probably are better placed to play the likes of Middlesbrough, Leicester and Reading while confidence is high than on the back of a losing skid.

There's still going to be doubters, myself included, but what do we have to fear?

The defence is must tighter. 4 clean sheets in 8 league games with just 6 conceded. Only one team in the division, Middlesbrough, have a better defensive record than that.

The team spirit seems to have improved and there seems to be a lot more character and resilience about the side. We are harder to beat and can finally grind out results so I don't think it's out of the question that we could pick up 10+ points from the next 6.

After all, if someone said at 2.55pm on August 6, you'll win 6 out of the first 8 league games, I doubt many would have plumped for Coventry and Burnley to be the two defeats.

So I think and hope the team may surprise yet again.

From the next 6, I'd be happy be with 7 points, half-anticipating that we'll be found out by the more established sides in the division.

But I think with all things considered and the way the team's playing at the moment, we probably are better placed to play the likes of Middlesbrough, Leicester and Reading while confidence is high than on the back of a losing skid.

There's still going to be doubters, myself included, but what do we have to fear?

The defence is must tighter. 4 clean sheets in 8 league games with just 6 conceded. Only one team in the division, Middlesbrough, have a better defensive record than that.

The team spirit seems to have improved and there seems to be a lot more character and resilience about the side. We are harder to beat and can finally grind out results so I don't think it's out of the question that we could pick up 10+ points from the next 6.

After all, if someone said at 2.55pm on August 6, you'll win 6 out of the first 8 league games, I doubt many would have plumped for Coventry and Burnley to be the two defeats.

So I think and hope the team may surprise yet again.

So your happy with 2 wins, a draw and 3 defeats?

So your happy with 2 wins, a draw and 3 defeats?

Yes, I would be happy with that. It's a fair return from a tough run of games. To put it into some context, we only picked up 4 points in the corresponding fixtures last year, so it's in line with the improvement of the side. But like I clarified before, it wouldn't surprise me if we did even better based on current form. We shall see.

Out of interest, how many points out of 18 would you be happy be from the next 6, ram2767?

Yes, I would be happy with that. It's a fair return from a tough run of games. To put it into some context, we only picked up 4 points in the corresponding fixtures last year, so it's in line with the improvement of the side. But like I clarified before, it wouldn't surprise me if we did even better based on current form. We shall see.

Out of interest, how many points out of 18 would you be happy be from the next 6, ram2767?

18, haha. No, I would be happy with 12. Any less than that I would see as a decline. Thing is though mate, atm were on a high. I'm on a high. We have the ability to win them all, and I think this is the season that we put a real challenge on for the title and winning them all would be a real representation of that. Now I'm not saying we should be challenging for the title because were doing well, but more the fact that Nige has had 2 years to build his squad and a title challenge should be expected after that long. Specially with all the promises the board made about being back in the Prem.

What I'm trying to say is, less than 18 points, were just another team fighting for promotion. 18 points, were real contenders for the title. I know its alot to ask, but ask yourself, why not?

Can't remember beating Fester at their place since Casy Keller kneed a weak shot into Ciccio's path. Must have been about 1998. And i still have flashbacks to Wembley 94.

Seriously - we should not be fearing any of those games. Soton and Boro are basically in similar states to ourselves in terms of no stand-out players but great team spirit so far. The rest can be taken and they should be more nervous about us coming to town than t'other way round.

I'm thinking bullish - 4 wins and a couple of draws, with the wins being by the odd goal.

Can't remember beating Fester at their place since Casy Keller kneed a weak shot into Ciccio's path. Must have been about 1998. And i still have flashbacks to Wembley 94.

Seriously - we should not be fearing any of those games. Soton and Boro are basically in similar states to ourselves in terms of no stand-out players but great team spirit so far. The rest can be taken and they should be more nervous about us coming to town than t'other way round.

I'm thinking bullish - 4 wins and a couple of draws, with the wins being by the odd goal.

If we can beat florest away, why not leicester? Your totally right though, couldn't say it better myself. This is the season that Derby is taken seriously, the season Nigel Clough builds a reputation for himself.

If we can beat florest away, why not leicester?

Because Forest are dogshit, whereas Leicester do have some very decent players. Having said that, I am feeling quietly and unusually confident. Cardiff v Leicester is kicking off in a bit so I'm looking forward to seeing how they're coming on.

Because Forest are dogshit, whereas Leicester do have some very decent players. Having said that, I am feeling quietly and unusually confident. Cardiff v Leicester is kicking off in a bit so I'm looking forward to seeing how they're coming on.

Haha, true, they are dogshit. But still we had 10 men. And we'ce beaten Blackpool and others away. I'm also feeling confident, and will be checking out that match now you mention it!

You got a stream? I've got one if you haven't?

Take each game as it comes and go for maximum points.. nothing more, nothing less!

Barnsley can come here on Tuesday night, we can play out our skin and come away with nothing and equally we can go to leicester play with one finger up our arse and come away with 3 points, lets face it in this division its who turns up on the day.

We can match and beat anyone in this league, just have faith!

Take each game as it comes and go for maximum points.. nothing more, nothing less!

Barnsley can come here on Tuesday night, we can play out our skin and come away with nothing and equally we can go to leicester play with one finger up our arse and come away with 3 points, lets face it in this division its who turns up on the day.

We can match and beat anyone in this league, just have faith!

Korrect

We beat them 3-0 in the 2001/02 season at Filbert Street.

Archived