40 years

PBW Ram

Best start to the season for 40 years.

6 out of 8 wins.

4 out of 8 clean sheets.

2 3 nil wins at home already.

2 games won coming from behind.

Beaten two of last years premier league sides and beaten the cheating reds.

6 points gap between us and 7th with a winnable home game coming up.

At what point am I allowed to get carried away?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best thing about today was that Milwall weren't exactly there for the taking. Whenever we've thrashed Palace or Wednesday or PNE or sides like that, they've looked sh1te from kick off, but Milwall looked ok today. We looked like we could have gone up a gear if we needed to.

Personally trying not to get carried away like last year. Bloody hard though

Just enjoying each win right now. This division is full of runs. It's perhaps wise to expect a bad run and take it in our stride when it comes. Let's hope it's a short blip this time. Just need to get as many points as we can while we're more than holding our own in games. Need to be aware of the way this division works to avoid getting your dreams crushed like last year.

Surely we can't beat Leicester next Saturday. That'd just be weird.

It was mentioned today in the match chat that it took us 12 games to pick up 18 points last season, just checked and it did we were 7th at the time.

Whilst we've done it 3 games earlier last season showed how quickly it can go downhill after playing so well. It's not being negative, I've not spilt blood whilst writing this and it's been a bloody good start to the season, but a start is all it is.

Looking at the fixtures next month after the Barnsley game we're in for a few more "tests"

A Leicester

H Southampton

A Reading

A Boro

H Portsmouth

5 big big games, 5 games I would not like to put a prediction on either.

It was mentioned today in the match chat that it took us 12 games to pick up 18 points last season, just checked and it did we were 7th at the time.

Whilst we've done it 3 games earlier last season showed how quickly it can go downhill after playing so well. It's not being negative, I've not spilt blood whilst writing this and it's been a bloody good start to the season, but a start is all it is.

Looking at the fixtures next month after the Barnsley game we're in for a few more "tests"

A Leicester

H Southampton

A Reading

A Boro

H Portsmouth

5 big big games, 5 games I would not like to put a prediction on either.

Southampton and Boro are going to be tricky, I agree that they all will, but particularly those two in my opinion.

I would take 6 points from these five matches, expect 3 from tuesday which gives 27 points after 14 games, that would put us about 3rd based on last years table, I'd take that now

I would consider that to be a failure really. We don't look like drawing games so presumably that would be 2 wins out of 5 games. No, I would be terribly disappointed with that.

Yup, to go through all those fixtures unbeaten would set us up for a good run.

True, suppose I've got high expectations after the start we've had, ha. Last season I would have taken that any day. Agree though an unbeaten run of a good few games has got to come soon.

Archived