40 years

PBW Ram

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reckon we might get something out of Boro away.

Leicester away as always and S'hampton at home are the two i don't much fancy.

With them next to eachother too..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Leicester are so inconsistent. Yeah they've spent big but theres alot of expectations there, otherwise, we've got none. We're playing better than expected, higher in the league than expected. We can play comfortably but because of expectations Leicester can't. I really think we can get a result there. Will be great if we can!

Yup, to go through all those fixtures unbeaten would set us up for a good run.

To go through all of those fixtures winless would also be a disaster..

There is no one to fear in this league, everyone is either poor or average.. Perhaps Southampton aside (they look quite tidy yet still easily beatable)

You can only beat whats infront of you, despite us playing all the bottom teams, you have to beat them to be up in the table.. Who cares if we have West Ham, Cardiff, Soton, Leicester, Brighton and then Boro all away on the trot.. We could easily beat all of them as we could lose.

From any given 5 games on the spin I'd be dissapointed with only 5 points, as that means we would have failed to win in 4 of them.

There is no one to fear in this league, everyone is either poor or average.. Perhaps Southampton aside (they look quite tidy yet still easily beatable)

You can only beat whats infront of you, despite us playing all the bottom teams, you have to beat them to be up in the table.. Who cares if we have West Ham, Cardiff, Soton, Leicester, Brighton and then Boro all away on the trot.. We could easily beat all of them as we could lose.

From any given 5 games on the spin I'd be dissapointed with only 5 points, as that means we would have failed to win in 4 of them.

Totally disagree. 5 draws would leave us on the fringe of the playoffs, unbeaten in 7 with some big names behind us. Absolutely great position to enter the Christmas period with.

Unless you're still holding out for a playoff place.

That said I do think we'll get at least 1 win, but wouldn't be surprised if we don't get 5 points.

You agree that it would be disappointing just 5 points from 5 games, good, I think it would be a disaster. True what you say about all teams being equal, we're all in the Championship for a reason, because it's where we all currently belong.

There is no one to fear in this league, everyone is either poor or average.. Perhaps Southampton aside (they look quite tidy yet still easily beatable).

Personally, I don't agree with that. There are a handful of sides in this league who would walk any other 2nd tier in the world, and certainly would hold their own in many countries' top tiers.

Just because a side isn't Premier League or La Liga quality doesn't always mean they're poor or average. It's a tough call to beat a side like Leicester who have players like Andy King on the bench. Every side is beatable, I agree, but I also think it's dangerous the undersetimate the opposition.

Definitely not getting carried away with the good start. As we know, good starts can turn into sh1te runs quickly - lets hope it doesn't happen, but it is a long season.

True, last season was so disappointing after a start of playing fantastic football and getting to the top end of the league. But I'm too much of an optimist, haha

We have got a few bloody tough games coming our way, but (if we win on Tuesday), even if we lose four on the spin we'd probably still be in the playoffs!

Over the last couple of seasons we've gained something of a reputation for being able to beat the 'big' teams in the league and stuff it up against the smaller teams. Imagine if we can still turn it on against the top teams (for example, all coming up soon, Leicester, Southampton, Middlesbrough) while consistently and convincingly beating the poor teams (e.g. Doncaster, Forest).

Fundamentally does anyone really expected us to be where we are now?

This league is one place where the unexpected WILL happen. Look at the forest game, where in the history of the FA has 10 men for 89 mins go on to win after going down 1-0 after a minute? It is as random as the lottery.

Fundamentally does anyone really expected us to be where we are now?

This league is one place where the unexpected WILL happen. Look at the forest game, where in the history of the FA has 10 men for 89 mins go on to win after going down 1-0 after a minute? It is as random as the lottery.

Not quite as random as the lottery otherwise I would have won the lottery a couple of times this year, haha

TBH I don't but I'm not a fan of records. Look at our previous games against Forest? 1-0 and 5-2? And were a different side to that of the last two seasons now so I'm just basing it on this season really.

We have lost 9 of the last 10 games against them.

Archived