If Clough gets another 3 years...

sideshowbob

God help us.

Another 3 years of this unambitious mid table at best (but probably lower) mediocrity.

No real investment from the yanks, no complaints from clough, decent players wont come here and work for clough.

Didnt want him 3 years ago. Has done nothing since to change my opinion. Non league manager out of his depth,

Nuff said.

ps We will get turned over next week by the reddogs.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God help us.

Another 3 years of this unambitious mid table at best (but probably lower) mediocrity.

No real investment from the yanks, no complaints from clough, decent players wont come here and work for clough.

Didnt want him 3 years ago. Has done nothing since to change my opinion. Non league manager out of his depth,

Nuff said.

i agree with everything you said mate.

post of the week

God help us.

Nuff said.

Agree, been here three years now and how far have we come? Going away to teams like Watford and Coventry and creating f*ck all looking to steal a point.

Have to agree in honesty, dreading going to forest now, i just have a bad feeling about it, and all this nonsense about referees, i hate to say it but many teams get bad luck with decisions we can't pin the blame on the ref all the time and say it cost us the game as we have a habit of doing. It is too early in the season to tell how good or bad we will be, but when we say players are coming back apart from green and barker there is no-one who i think could make a difference, in reality will green make a difference? Tyson is all pace no product and the depth of the squad up front etc is not looking healthy.

But hopefully with a couple of signings we can finish top 12 which is where we should be by now in honesty.

I've just checked previous posts from sideshowbob. Every one is anti Clough.

He went a bit quiet at the beginning of the season.:rolleyes:

"I dont particularly want us to stay up. I want...

I dont particularly want us to stay up. I want the board out and I want Clough out. This will only happen if we get relegated.

I would take that. "

My favourite sideshowbob post.

I've just checked previous posts from sideshowbob. Every one is anti Clough.

He went a bit quiet at the beginning of the season.:rolleyes:

"I dont particularly want us to stay up. I want...

I dont particularly want us to stay up. I want the board out and I want Clough out. This will only happen if we get relegated.

I would take that. "

My favourite sideshowbob post.

well posters on here should stay whatever we are doing, not just come on when the team is struggling, I don't like labeling posters and saying they want us to lose, obviously from that post side show bob wants the team to go down so we could get rid of the incompetent duo for the greater good, i was discussing that proposition with a few mates and decided against it because while clough would have gone, the board would have stayed and we would have not got out from league 1 in my opinion and it would have been agonizing to see us go down. It wouldn't have been for the greater good if we went down in my assessment, others disagreed with that and thought it could be a blank canvas.

God help us.

Nuff said.

I agree with the bits in bold.

I think were at a dead end. We don't look like going up and if we go down I cant see us bouncing back that well. We are gonna be waiting a few years before we get out of the championship so we may as well stick with clough for a few more years and see how we go. Cant see any reason to get clough out atm but a bad result next saturday may tilt my argument a bit.

We could go down, get rid of Clough and the board, and end up with someone like the three amigos taking the decisions.

Why do people think that getting rid of the board would mean someone with loads of cash would come in and start spending big?

I don’t think anyone believes that. Despite the odd rant there are very few who just want the board to sell up to the first shyster that comes along. We’ve had far worse owners than GSE in the past – and we’ll probably have far worse owners than GSE in the future.

As you know, the concerns, rants and moans about GSE are all about their failure to stick to their promises of new investment so the squad can genuinely compete for promotion. Given the wealth of the GSE/owners it’s not clear why this is such a problem.

Personally I’d prefer a new, more ambitious board that would provide the funds necessary to get us to a stable position in the PL. Failing that, a bit more honesty and a bit less bullshit from the present board would go a very long away.

I don’t think anyone believes that. Despite the odd rant there are very few who just want the board to sell up to the first shyster that comes along. We’ve had far worse owners than GSE in the past – and we’ll probably have far worse owners than GSE in the future.

As you know, the concerns, rants and moans about GSE are all about their failure to stick to their promises of new investment so the squad can genuinely compete for promotion. Given the wealth of the GSE/owners it’s not clear why this is such a problem.

Personally I’d prefer a new, more ambitious board that would provide the funds necessary to get us to a stable position in the PL. Failing that, a bit more honesty and a bit less bullshit from the present board would go a very long away.

Well at the moment they are pumping money in to cover the continuous losses the club make and it is pretty clear they don't want to put any more in over and above this, they didn't get rich in the first place by chucking money away. I can understand this but the reason the finances are still poor are because Glick has been pretty poor in a. generating income and b. cutting costs by enough and Clough has not provided a player who can get them out of jail by attracting a PL club offering millions. That may change in Jan with Brayford if he keeps up his standards.

Well at the moment they are pumping money in to cover the continuous losses the club make and it is pretty clear they don't want to put any more in over and above this, they didn't get rich in the first place by chucking money away. I can understand this but the reason the finances are still poor are because Glick has been pretty poor in a generating income and b. cutting costs by enough and Clough has not provided a player who can get them out of jail by attracting a PL club offering millions. That may change in Jan with Brayford if he keeps up his standards.

How can playing average at best football attract investors ? Pride Park has always been attractive,which is why gse bought it/us in the 1st place, have they added value, apart from bringing down costs ( cheaper players,lesser standard) , and therefore,lowering the gate ? I think not....

How can playing average at best football attract investors ? Pride Park has always been attractive,which is why gse bought it/us in the 1st place, have they added value, apart from bringing down costs ( cheaper players,lesser standard) , and therefore,lowering the gate ? I think not....

Costs had to be cut as the club last season lost 40% turnover because of the end of the PL TV money we got for 2 years after relegation. The problem is Glick has not been successful as yet in cutting enough costs to make us financially paying our own way without the GSE Capital input. Glick who was a big part in why we were in such a mess in the first place with the Jewell wastefullness still wastes money on the likes of the Kilbane loan deal. Also he has not grasped the problem of gates dropping and not generating enough income from the people who do come. Free and discount tickets to artificially inflate the gates are not much use financially. Nothing has been done to get more full paying adults on a match to match basis. Surely the best way of getting extra income in and a price cut is long overdue. It's no use us having better gates than Forset for example if they have higher gate income.

Costs had to be cut as the club last season lost 40% turnover because of the end of the PL TV money we got for 2 years after relegation. The problem is Glick has not been successful as yet in cutting enough costs to make us financially paying our own way without the GSE Capital input. Glick who was a big part in why we were in such a mess in the first place with the Jewell wastefullness still wastes money on the likes of the Kilbane loan deal. Also he has not grasped the problem of gates dropping and not generating enough income from the people who do come. Free and discount tickets to artificially inflate the gates are not much use financially. Nothing has been done to get more full paying adults on a match to match basis. Surely the best way of getting extra income in and a price cut is long overdue. It's no use us having better gates than Forset for example if they have higher gate income.

Have you got any evidence that our gate income is less than Forest's is is that a guess?

As for a price cut raising gate depends on the elasticity of demand for tickets.

For example a 10% reduction in ticket prices doesn't increase income unless it results in an increase of full paying customers by at least 10%. I doubt that £3 would generate any significant extra demand.

If demand is inelastic, as in the example above,and a decrease in price produces a less than proportionate increase on demand any blanket price reduction will cost the club money. It makes more sense to offer some discounted tickets in this scenario as if they are sold then the club makes extra money.

I'm sure that this will be factored into the pricing models used.

Archived