If Clough gets another 3 years...

sideshowbob

Honestly my opinion as a season ticket holder watching the game was dreading going. Not because I blamed Clough. The fact that we were not in a position to get rid of players bringing us down until this summer. We had to many players still here from the disaster season of PL. That is damaging plus having Jewell there who had no clue about man magement his idea was to have a massive squad of the same ability and that was not good.

We did not have the right players had to rely on loans and that is not down to Clough but down to the board. The board screwed up before the last two seasons under Clough by spending the money on the recommendations of a manager who leeft Wigan after burning out and being out of football for a season. The money spent under Jewell has left us where we are.

Under Clough yes it has been rough but he had a simple remit of keep us up cut the wage bill. The board knew enough to realise we would not go up with the squad at the club but did not have the money to change it in one season.

I DO NOT AND HAVE NEVER blamed Clough for the 3 months. The players we had were not good enough lets look at the players who are not in the 1st team plans this season or left through last season

Bywater, Leacock, Savage, Pearson, Chris Porter, Saul Deeney, Ben Pringle, Rob Hulse, Kris Commons, Dean Moxey,

This is 12 players I can think off who left since last season or will not be in squad. Look at each one the only player I would keep is Moxey only becuase he is younger than Roberts. Not one of those players would fight like for us like this team did on Saturday. Clough is honest manager sometimes too honest but he wanted players who would fight to the end, who wanted to play football for the fans as he often said he wanted performances to show how they respect the fans support but rarely got it.

So how did I feel, thought the run was down to the players and their lack of bottle and inability to fight for their team mates the fans etc. Yes I protested against the board because I blame them for wasting money but never called for the manager. Under Davies and Jewell never supported them as I do Clough. When managers like Ferguson praise him when he was at Burton and prior to teh semi-final game in league cup then take stock.

My honest view is that fans who support their team are sometimes to passionate and don't see the wood for the trees. Players last season should be shouldering more of the blame then they are at present. We are playing the same formation but with players do what Clough wants and we have 15 points.

This season we have gone in the league WWWWLLW 15pts.

The run to get us up 15pts was WLLDLLDWWDW it took uss 11 games. We had 6 weeks of good results last yr that was it. I did not hesitate to renew my season tickets and never will. Teams have a bad time. I do not blame Clough and just wish he had same financial support as Davies under previours board and Jewell with this board. So no did not enjoy going but still think we nearly there last year and this year all being well we are now turning the corner.

No one blames the players for not being good enough so for me again that was where the blame lies

i just want to point out only leacock, bywater, savage and pearson were still at the club from our premier league disaster i think, and leacock wasn't playing. four players out of a squad of over 20 is hardly a bucket load.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the post, but the comment in bold I disagree with.

S.Davies has scored at least 2 goals from nothing, and Ward's goal against Forest also fits the description for me. If Tyson is equally as productive, then we already have a formidable strike force

i'm not knocking ward or davies.....i listed both of them in the list of good young players.....but i'm thinking of someone v special .Sometimes a new player can immediately take the team to another level.....Dean Saunders for instance.

i'm not knocking ward or davies.....i listed both of them in the list of good young players.....but i'm thinking of someone v special .Sometimes a new player can immediately take the team to another level.....Dean Saunders for instance.

Something ( or someone 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> ),special, costa mucho peso's

Shame, I think he's finally given up waiting for the call and gone to manage Donny instead- if only you had suggested him last week! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Sorry mate that side there is garbage. Apart from Commons, Davies and McEvily I would not want any of the others in a Derby County side and I would only have McEvily because Kilbane is horse manure. That central midfield is pants, I never rated Green, hopefully when he is fit we can offload him, look at Hendrick 10 times the football ability.

You want McEveley, fecking hell talk about a thug who is constantly out of position, takes annyoing pot shots just because he scored the odd fluke. Not to forget the money he cost us in starting needless brawls. He was the king at giving away needless free-kicks, penalties and red & yellow cards!

You want McEveley, fecking hell talk about a thug who is constantly out of position, takes annyoing pot shots just because he scored the odd fluke. Not to forget the money he cost us in starting needless brawls. He was the king at giving away needless free-kicks, penalties and red & yellow cards!

I agree with all that but be is like Paolo Maldini if you compare him to Kilbane.

i just want to point out only leacock, bywater, savage and pearson were still at the club from our premier league disaster i think, and leacock wasn't playing. four players out of a squad of over 20 is hardly a bucket load.

Mr Young Ram never said this list

Bywater, Leacock, Savage, Pearson, Chris Porter, Saul Deeney, Ben Pringle, Rob Hulse, Kris Commons, Dean Moxey,

Were from the prem season I said that this was the list of players in the squad last year who are not near starting or not near the squad. From this list Saul Deeney signed as backup, Pringle as a development player Chris Porter apart from the injury started brightly and could have worked out if not but the injury and Moxey was another yuoung player who was fighting for left back.

This list of players is not exhaustive but is a list of players used in the 18 last season. On this list the only player who would fit into this team with work ethic, committment and honesty is Moxey but do not think he is good enough to warrant a game every week.

If that team went out against our current team it would be 4 or 5 -0 to the 2011/12 team with Bywater pulling his back, Sav smiling at the cameras, Commons pulling his hamstring, Moxey being sent off (he did have poor disclipine re cards), Hulse sitting on the floor after trying to jump for a ball, Pringle running but never quite making it, Pearson being Pearson, Saul Deeney sleeping on the side and Porter trying to run whilst pushing his hip in.

This team is a lot different and a lot better.

Mr Young Ram never said this list

Were from the prem season I said that this was the list of players in the squad last year who are not near starting or not near the squad. From this list Saul Deeney signed as backup, Pringle as a development player Chris Porter apart from the injury started brightly and could have worked out if not but the injury and Moxey was another yuoung player who was fighting for left back.

This list of players is not exhaustive but is a list of players used in the 18 last season. On this list the only player who would fit into this team with work ethic, committment and honesty is Moxey but do not think he is good enough to warrant a game every week.

If that team went out against our current team it would be 4 or 5 -0 to the 2011/12 team with Bywater pulling his back, Sav smiling at the cameras, Commons pulling his hamstring, Moxey being sent off (he did have poor disclipine re cards), Hulse sitting on the floor after trying to jump for a ball, Pringle running but never quite making it, Pearson being Pearson, Saul Deeney sleeping on the side and Porter trying to run whilst pushing his hip in.

This team is a lot different and a lot better.

"We had to many players still here from the disaster season of PL." They were your words, i am saying 4 players is hardly a lot from the prem season so you can't blame the faults of that season on the misery of last season, that is all, I didn't dispute any other part of your post, so your list is irrelevant in relation to my post.

For anyone who went to the game last night the team gelled really well but came across a keeper who hit real good form last night in Steele. The team is improving with every game whether some like it or not. If people are short sighted and not look at the bigger picture of what has been going on behind the scenes under Clough and the constraints. If they are not going to Derby because of the poor form over the last 4 seasons then they are missing out.

The team last night of

Fielding, Brayford, O'Brien, Shackell, Roberts, Bryson, Hendricks, Ben Davies, Ward, Robinson, Steve Davies.

Look at this team from last year and the seasons before Steve Davies on that team sheet was the only player in the squad when Clough arrived. This team is 2nd and is fighting for everything and working together as a team, its a shame that people can not give Clough praise when he deserves it but readdy to stick the kinife in his back at every opportunity.

The thing with the prem squad business they were still there when Jewell brought players and the ethos carried on. Clough has not brought many in whilst shipping a lot out the reason for this is to change the ethos of the club does not happen over night it takes time and a lot of it.

If he doesn't get a least another 3 years it will be a bigger disaster then 1973

Some people seem to be just unable or unwilling to see what has happened at Derby

After a long time away, thought I would dip my toe back in and lo and behold I see the same old "Clough out, Board out" crap, rounded off (for the mo) with a quality post.

For anyone who went to the game last night the team gelled really well but came across a keeper who hit real good form last night in Steele. The team is improving with every game whether some like it or not. If people are short sighted and not look at the bigger picture of what has been going on behind the scenes under Clough and the constraints. If they are not going to Derby because of the poor form over the last 4 seasons then they are missing out.

The team last night of

Fielding, Brayford, O'Brien, Shackell, Roberts, Bryson, Hendricks, Ben Davies, Ward, Robinson, Steve Davies.

Look at this team from last year and the seasons before Steve Davies on that team sheet was the only player in the squad when Clough arrived. This team is 2nd and is fighting for everything and working together as a team, its a shame that people can not give Clough praise when he deserves it but readdy to stick the kinife in his back at every opportunity.

The thing with the prem squad business they were still there when Jewell brought players and the ethos carried on. Clough has not brought many in whilst shipping a lot out the reason for this is to change the ethos of the club does not happen over night it takes time and a lot of it.

Spot on mate. I would love to see a few sell-outs at Pride Park, and the people who aren't turning up that seemed to appear when we were in the Prem will be shocked to see the football we're playing. If its the current economic situation thats keeping them away then fair enough but we're (now) 3rd and its about time we saw less empty seats every week because this could be the season.

Spot on mate. I would love to see a few sell-outs at Pride Park, and the people who aren't turning up that seemed to appear when we were in the Prem will be shocked to see the football we're playing. If its the current economic situation thats keeping them away then fair enough but we're (now) 3rd and its about time we saw less empty seats every week because this could be the season.

To true the thing is we are only 3rd on goal difference technically joint first. You would think some fans would see this as actually as a positive instead of using it to still batter Clough and to a lesser extent Glick.

He has played players apparently out of favour in Croft and Cywka but never think that for once we are playing a settled team for the first time in a long time who has Won 6 Drawn 1 and Lost 2. The way some fans are talking it would be W2 D1 and Lost 6 with total points of 7 in and around the bottom three. Makes me feel sad at times being a fan when fans can not enjoy the moment. I hasten to add though I am sad for a matter of seconds because I look at the table and smile.

The Scum are going down with a fiver in the bank with a wolly with a brolly in charge.

Where we are going up with a fiver in the bank with the son of god doing it his way.

To true the thing is we are only 3rd on goal difference technically joint first. You would think some fans would see this as actually as a positive instead of using it to still batter Clough and to a lesser extent Glick.

He has played players apparently out of favour in Croft and Cywka but never think that for once we are playing a settled team for the first time in a long time who has Won 6 Drawn 1 and Lost 2. The way some fans are talking it would be W2 D1 and Lost 6 with total points of 7 in and around the bottom three. Makes me feel sad at times being a fan when fans can not enjoy the moment. I hasten to add though I am sad for a matter of seconds because I look at the table and smile.

The Scum are going down with a fiver in the bank with a wolly with a brolly in charge.

Where we are going up with a fiver in the bank with the son of god doing it his way.

Son of God, love it. Thing is with me though is I look at the table and I'm gutted that we're not top. I'm not angry at the team or Nige for not winning yesterday cause we were superb but I would love to be top right now. Suppose it goes to show how far we've come from last season cause back then we'd be pleased with a point in any game but now it feels like 2 points dropped. I believe we can challenge this season and with maybe 2 or 3 additions we can survive the Prem. But weather I like it or not I'm getting too carried away. And though I don't think it'll happen this season, there is always the chance we could take a turn for the worst like we did last season and I'll only be disappiointed if we do.

One more thing. Look at Nigel's last two seasons in charge at Burton. The first season of the two was much like this. They finished 3rd(?) and not one player got named in the league team of the year, and Nige said, its because they worked together, they worked hard, they played as a team, not as individuals. (Sound familiar?) Then what happened the next season? They ran away with it. if Nige had stayed, who knows how many points they would have won by?

If we don't do it this season, then we'll do it in style next season.

Archived