Radio derby on blackpool stewards behaviour thursday am

Paulbramsfan

Rams fans i have reluctantly agreed to an interview with radio derby on thursday morning between 7 and 9 am (not my kind of thing) am only doing this out of a sense of duty to myself and others who were treated so badly at blackpool last week! Things must be happening in the background for it to have got this far so if you were treated badly please make some sound and make them at least refund or apologise for there actions.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rams fans i have reluctantly agreed to an interview with radio derby on thursday morning between 7 and 9 am (not my kind of thing) am only doing this out of a sense of duty to myself and others who were treated so badly at blackpool last week! Things must be happening in the background for it to have got this far so if you were treated badly please make some sound and make them at least refund or apologise for there actions.

Well said mate!

I am particularly keen to hear from a father who was refused with his 8 year old if anyone knows this person?

absolute disgrace from what I have heard. Unfortunately there are many great dedicated stewards around but the odd one seems to go power crazy.:mad:

It was mate and hence the flag didnt get to surf in the ground...

I was that drunk I was carrying a 17kg flag!! Hmmmmm...............:mad:

Heard you this morning - you woke me up on the alarm radio. You came across very well and I'm sure you will have encouraged others to lodge a complaint. It got me all angry again and I wasn't even there - I only read the thread. Well done Paul.

Anybody wish to inform what happened there?

Atmosphere sounded great on radio

Basically stewards ejecting/not allowing people in for being drunk when they weren't, for smoking, when some were told they could smoke at the side of the stand outside anyway, for celebrating our goal in an over enthusiastic manner, for standing...

Basically throwing their weight around and acting like c*nts.

Ok, while the vast majority would never hit a steward, equally, there are some stewards who would never get hit.

Anyone who has travelled far and wide watching the greatest team in the history of the world, ever, will know that some stewards and police are sound, friendly, have a laugh and joke, and have the ability to control large groups of men, who may have partaken of drink, without resorting to sausageish behaviour.

Its their job.

Like a bricklayers job is to lay bricks, neatly and correctly whatever the weather or circumstances, a steward should have a bit of pride that he can do his job to a reasonable level even through the odd bout of piss-taking, and general banter.

They sign up to work at football matches at the end of the day. Not cinema or opera, but football matches, WTF do they expect?

I don't know any of the lads involved in the Blackpool fiasco, but having seen Nick and the boys with the flag regularly, both home and away, I can tell that they are not football hooligans.

Football hooligans don't take huge flags into the ground.

Football hooligans rarely go into grounds nowadays because they know they'll be on film.

So, sad no mark stewards, like at Blackpool, deserve a raite good kicking....imho:D

I might just start a, "Mid to late 70's Popside protest group", to campaign against ******** stewards.

We'd batter 'em with rolled up copies of the Derby Telegraph while chastising them on their manners and blaming it all on their parents...........:o

Ok, while the vast majority would never hit a steward, equally, there are some stewards who would never get hit.

Anyone who has travelled far and wide watching the greatest team in the history of the world, ever, will know that some stewards and police are sound, friendly, have a laugh and joke, and have the ability to control large groups of men, who may have partaken of drink, without resorting to sausageish behaviour.

Its their job.

Like a bricklayers job is to lay bricks, neatly and correctly whatever the weather or circumstances, a steward should have a bit of pride that he can do his job to a reasonable level even through the odd bout of piss-taking, and general banter.

They sign up to work at football matches at the end of the day. Not cinema or opera, but football matches, WTF do they expect?

I don't know any of the lads involved in the Blackpool fiasco, but having seen Nick and the boys with the flag regularly, both home and away, I can tell that they are not football hooligans.

Football hooligans don't take huge flags into the ground.

Football hooligans rarely go into grounds nowadays because they know they'll be on film.

So, sad no mark stewards, like at Blackpool, deserve a raite good kicking....imho:D

I might just start a, "Mid to late 70's Popside protest group", to campaign against ******** stewards.

We'd batter 'em with rolled up copies of the Derby Telegraph while chastising them on their manners and blaming it all on their parents...........:o

Thanks Uttox!

Cant really say to much on here for obvious reasons but it looks like Blackpool haven't been doing what they should have been doing! Nothing to do with the actual incident but related to it and I will be following this through!! :D:D

Nick

Stewards and bouncers (do they get called "door supervisors" now) are, in my humble opinion, 60% good guys and 40% tw@ts.

It sounds like the percentages have been reversed at Blackpool. I bet all the good lads and lasses are working the doors and clubs in town where they meet proper drunks and hard nuts who may scare them.

So, they get a job at football, where about 10 yards away is a police man ready to back you up if you jump on a "drunk abusive hooligan"

They sell beer in football grounds and do not have a limit to how much you can buy once in the ground.

This should be the basis of the defence to this action. Double standards.

Been advised by the FSF to take any complaints up with Blackpool FC themselves. If not satisfied by the response (which seems highly likely) then the FSF will step in if you want.

"Don't hit the steward" is easy to say when you weren't there to witness their sausageishness.

Archived