Radio derby on blackpool stewards behaviour thursday am

Paulbramsfan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An example of the attitude of these stewards I went to the match with my 12 year old lad who is less than 5 foot, when we got there the centre blocks were full so we went to the end one which was pretty much empty. A 100 or so lads came in standing as they are perfectly entitled to do, so my lad could not see with 6 foot plus lads stood in front him, so we moved further across the block so he could see.

Some steward pretty much with pork pie for brains told me to move back you are not allowed this far across. I didn't argue with this clown just stayed where I was. I had a good view of most of the ejections and the 2 arrests and to be totally fair it was all easily avoided with a bit of common sense. Also from what has been put on earlier a 3 year ban is majorly disproportionate to what actually occurred. Hope the other lad arrested had more fortune.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys..

I know this is an old thread, But did anything ever come of this.

We played them today..3 turnstiles open for 2,500 fans which resulted in fans not getting in til halftime, some fans arrested for questionning why there wasn't more open!

Then on to inside the ground...This taken from owlstalk...

A young lad loses his dad in the crowd and tries to find his seat.

This is how he is dealt with by the friendly steward.

Even his colleague sounds alarmed by his actions.

Look at the shock on the face of the bully when he realises he might have to face the consequences of his actions.

Yes the lad WAS ejected.

I followed him to make sure he was OK and was also ejected along with my 13 year old son.

Well done Blackpool Stewards and well done Lancashire Police for standing back and watching it happen.

Video of the said steward http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXnF69BnrgA&feature=player_embedded

and finally a wednesday fan fell straight through the stand when the shithole of a temporary stand couldn't cope with the amount of fans on it and it gave way...Stewards and cops just watched and did f*ck all.

Fooookin ell! Thanks for coming on and sharing that sheff owl - I tell ya summat fer nowt, if I got seperated from one of my kids and they booted them out - I think I might end up damaging the steward responsible.

The look on his face when he knows he's being filmed...... no wonder he puts his hand up. Evidence to use that is. Did that young lad get reunited with his Dad? Good on you for keeping an eye on him.

Where's Nick & Trooper - they'd be interested to hear this.

Shockingly bad stewarding that.

Nick is in touch with someone who is dealing with his complaint, and that of others, in their treatment at Blackpool. The more complaints, the better. That's shocking. We had a lot of fans not even allowed in the ground.

I'm sure he'll read this and be in touch.

and finally a wednesday fan fell straight through the stand when the shithole of a temporary stand couldn't cope with the amount of fans on it and it gave way

Speechless........

Fooookin ell! Thanks for coming on and sharing that sheff owl - I tell ya summat fer nowt, if I got seperated from one of my kids and they booted them out - I think I might end up damaging the steward responsible.

The look on his face when he knows he's being filmed...... no wonder he puts his hand up. Evidence to use that is. Did that young lad get reunited with his Dad? Good on you for keeping an eye on him.

Where's Nick & Trooper - they'd be interested to hear this.

Shockingly bad stewarding that.

Its not me who actually filmed the video ladyram,Its off a forum called owlstalk, Hopefully he'll get whats coming to him.

As someone above said why do stewards think they can treat people like **** just cos they wear a yellow jacket.

Its about time football fans start getting some respect tbh, see things like this happening far too often nowadays..

Yeah theres going to be some trouble causers/drunks, every club have them, but it doesn't mean they should treat all fans like scum, especially 13 year old kids.

Its not me who actually filmed the video ladyram,Its off a forum called owlstalk, Hopefully he'll get whats coming to him.

As someone above said why do stewards think they can treat people like **** just cos they wear a yellow jacket.

Its about time football fans start getting some respect tbh, see things like this happening far too often nowadays..

Yeah theres going to be some trouble causers/drunks, every club have them, but it doesn't mean they should treat all fans like scum, especially 13 year old kids.

I'd pop on owlstalk and tell whoever filmed it to keep it and use to prove what the steward did.

Please tell me that lad found his Dad? I've got a 13 year old and although she's sensible she would be really scared if she was booted out on her own. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Whatever else, stewards have a duty of care to fans. That means being responsible, particulaly to kids. I'm disgusted and shocked he could let this happen.

I'd pop on owlstalk and tell whoever filmed it to keep it and use to prove what the steward did.

Please tell me that lad found his Dad? I've got a 13 year old and although she's sensible she would be really scared if she was booted out on her own. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Whatever else, stewards have a duty of care to fans. That means being responsible, particulaly to kids. I'm disgusted and shocked he could let this happen.

yeah don't worry its getting passed on, i'm pretty sure he will have been reunited with his dad, it sounds like the wednesday fan stayed with him outside the ground until this happened.

That away end is so badly designed it's unreal. One tiny holding area in one corner, ancient turnstiles, a narrow alley behind the stand, pathetic stand in itself. A disaster waiting to happen. Not to mention their stewards being total clueless divs, and when we played them the monumental amount of police on horses, cameras out, dogs out, the lot makes for a pretty bad experience.

Hope the fan who fell is OK, and hope Blackpool get what's coming to them.

Will do, Thanks

Yes please speak to Amanda at the FSF, quote my name for this past reference we are talking about. She will fill you in. Just say the flagman at Derby, she knows me. Contact her on amanda.jacks@fsg.org.uk

Yuo have probably read the thread so here goes the final version.

I was unhappy with stewarding, we had 17 fans refused, all seperate due allef intoxicated.

Blackpool chairman is a disgrace and didnt want to know.

Football League just as bad, didnt want to know.

Independent Football Ombudsman was my final call. Following their investigation I received an 8 page odd report. They said they were happy with their turnstiles, stewarding, actions etc.... I still feel very strongly that this wasnt the case.

I can only encourage you to really pursue this as it was wrong then and it sounds wrong at your game.

If you need any further advice or guidance from me contact me on webster23@hotmail.co.uk - Happy to assist.

Ohhh, and funnily enough I recognise that bold steward. Wasnt the one I dealt with but he was there.

Yes please speak to Amanda at the FSF, quote my name for this past reference we are talking about. She will fill you in. Just say the flagman at Derby, she knows me. Contact her on amanda.jacks@fsg.org.uk

Yuo have probably read the thread so here goes the final version.

I was unhappy with stewarding, we had 17 fans refused, all seperate due allef intoxicated.

Blackpool chairman is a disgrace and didnt want to know.

Football League just as bad, didnt want to know.

Independent Football Ombudsman was my final call. Following their investigation I received an 8 page odd report. They said they were happy with their turnstiles, stewarding, actions etc.... I still feel very strongly that this wasnt the case.

I can only encourage you to really pursue this as it was wrong then and it sounds wrong at your game.

If you need any further advice or guidance from me contact me on webster23@hotmail.co.uk - Happy to assist.

Ohhh, and funnily enough I recognise that bold steward. Wasnt the one I dealt with but he was there.

Thankyou, Im going to pass this on to the lad in question, and also link him over here so he can have a read of this.

Thankyou, Im going to pass this on to the lad in question, and also link him over here so he can have a read of this.

No problem pal. Be aware their chairman is a complete arse and will not accept responsibility for anything.

Just read it over on owstalk. Feel free to post my comments etc or link like you say.

Amanda will be very interested in this.

Archived