Kevin Kilbane - Would you sign him?

Day

It is not a case of being an out and out pace merchant, you can be slowish and cover with good positional sense and defensive acumen. This guy is not just slow his legs have totally gone the Shrewsbury game was embarrasing. Yes we have only conceded 1 goal the other 3 lads in the back 4 faultless. We will see who is right so far everything has gone OK but I can see teams targeting and exploiting this area of weakness and it costing us points in future games.

The proof is in the pudding, we haven't lost a league game since he came in so until he does something that costs us points (and before you say it just being on the pitch doesn't count) he stays in the team. I've played with many an older head in my time and even if i questioned their skills or fitness their constant talking and encouragement was a real benefit. I'm sure O'Brien, Hendrick, Bailey etc benefit...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JOE MATTOCK

JOE MATTOCK

see about him on loan

I would like that, saw him when he was younger.. another player I predicted would play for england :p anyway, I haven't seen him for 1-2 years but never seen him play badly, like the kid.. seems like he is available.

It's definitely one for the player suggestion thread.

The proof is in the pudding, we haven't lost a league game since he came in so until he does something that costs us points (and before you say it just being on the pitch doesn't count) he stays in the team. I've played with many an older head in my time and even if i questioned their skills or fitness their constant talking and encouragement was a real benefit. I'm sure O'Brien, Hendrick, Bailey etc benefit...

Agreed

Well I would say quit while we are ahead and replace him before he does cost us. Were you at the Shrewsbury match, if you were I am surprised that you would be so confident in him.

Yes I was, and saw him torn apart. But I also saw Shackell, O'Brien and the rest of the team look useless; would you replace them as well? Kilbane's form in the league games hasn't warranted him being dropped for Roberts, who will only offer much of the same.

Maybe we should get Colin Bloomfield in as LB, that'd make you happy, eh?

Yes I was, and saw him torn apart. But I also saw Shackell, O'Brien and the rest of the team look useless; would you replace them as well? Kilbane's form in the league games hasn't warranted him being dropped for Roberts, who will only offer much of the same.

Maybe we should get Colin Bloomfield in as LB, that'd make you happy, eh?

As he hasn't kicked a ball in his life that would not be a very good idea. Come on the Shrewsbury problems came all from his side plus Pearson was just as bad in midfield. You can't blame the Centre-Halfs for that night. Personally I think Roberts would offer more in that you can actually play him as a proper left back, without extra back up, plus he had an excellent record with Shackell at Doncaster.

Well I would say quit while we are ahead and replace him before he does cost us. Were you at the Shrewsbury match, if you were I am surprised that you would be so confident in him.

Running with that theory we should drop every player before they screw up. Let's drop Fielding before he let's one through his legs, after all goalkeepers are more prone to making mistakes that cost games than any other player. Shall we drop Bailey just in case he get's robbed of the ball by McGugan 30 yards from goals in a few weeks time and costs us a goal???

As he hasn't kicked a ball in his life that would not be a very good idea. Come on the Shrewsbury problems came all from his side plus Pearson was just as bad in midfield. You can't blame the Centre-Halfs for that night. Personally I think Roberts would offer more in that you can actually play him as a proper left back, without extra back up, plus he had an excellent record with Shackell at Doncaster.

you can.....although the midfield was ineffective, both centre backs were at fault too.

Running with that theory we should drop every player before they screw up. Let's drop Fielding before he let's one through his legs, after all goalkeepers are more prone to making mistakes that cost games than any other player. Shall we drop Bailey just in case he get's robbed of the ball by McGugan 30 yards from goals in a few weeks time and costs us a goal???

No because they are less likely to mess up than who we have to replace them.

Let's change a team that's won it's first 4 league games.

Good idea.

Just remind me again how we got in the 4 league games before that, ya know, when the 'legendary' Robbie Savage was captain and Gareth Roberts was left back.

Let's change a team that's won it's first 4 league games.

Good idea.

Just remind me again how we got in the 4 league games before that, ya know, when the 'legendary' Robbie Savage was captain and Gareth Roberts was left back.

If you improve the team if you can you are more likely to make it 5. If we play as we did first half last week I don't see it happening as we were so negative one up front and two left backs because one can't be fully trusted on his own to do the job.

Archived