Derby County v Doncaster Rovers

GboroRam

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game will be the 300th league game at Pride Park.

In the previous 299 League matches Derby have won a total of 121 games. 76 of those 299 have ended in a draw and the Rams have tasted defeat on 102 occasions.

During those games Derby have scored 413 goals while 387 have been conceded, which provides a goal difference of 26 and a points return of 439.

http://t.co/o7hC48T

How big a part do the crowd play in this? I'm sure the atmosphere is better when a 'big' team is at Pride Park, probably as they'll bring a larger/noiser following and the Derby fans are more up for it. A smaller/weaker team probably won't bring many and maybe the home fans are more inclined to sit back and wait for something to get excited about.

Absolutely nailed on Ariotofmyown. When we play opposition that is supposed to be superior the criticism is certainly muted in comparison to playing a team that some would consider inferior. With the latter any misplaced is moaned about thus creating a negative vibe that transmits to the team.

When playing teams of this ilk it is even more important that as supporters we are patient and wait for a breakthrough. Considering the tender age of the current crop moaning and whingeing from the stands will help nobody and will only serve to ebb player confidence which is key with this fledgling side.

Getting behind the side when playing teams that we are supposed to beat will have a big say in the outcome of the season.

Hopefully with all our wins, we might start getting confidence in an attacking sense.

Apparently 22 of the 24 teams have played 3 games, the other 2 have played 2.

Despite our 9 points we are 23rd out of 24 in a league table of goal attempts.

Kinda shows how much defending we are doing at the moment IMO

Hopefully with all our wins, we might start getting confidence in an attacking sense.

Apparently 22 of the 24 teams have played 3 games, the other 2 have played 2.

Despite our 9 points we are 23rd out of 24 in a league table of goal attempts.

Kinda shows how much defending we are doing at the moment IMO

How does it show we defend a lot.

What it says to me is that we only need 4.75 attempts at goal to score (19 attempts 4 goals in the championship).

Compare this to there has been 25 shots on target and 29 shots off target against us(Birmingham, Watford and Blackpool). Total of 54 attempts. Now of those 54 attempts how many have been true goal scoring attempts where you think bloody hell that was close and Fielding having to pull of blinding save as we know he can. I don't think that many.

What this say for me is not that we are having to do a lot of defending but actually our midfield and defence are working and are stopping true opportunities to be made and teams are having to chance it to score. Now in respect of goal ratios I can pretty much cope with being 23/24 when you consider this we must be actually high up in conversion rates (1:4.75) which shows our scorers are doing their jobs very well.

The question is how many teams can boast that in 54 attempts at goal in the Championship only one goal has been conceeded. I can cope with these current ratios.

by defending, i didnt mean backs to the walls, because if we were we would be shipping goals im sure.

what i meant is it shows we spend a lot more time without the ball than with it, and as a team we are asking teams to break us down, as opposed to last year, around this time when we had all the ball, created shed loads of chances but also left the defence unprotected an awful lot.

How does it show we defend a lot.

What it says to me is that we only need 4.75 attempts at goal to score (19 attempts 4 goals in the championship).

Compare this to there has been 25 shots on target and 29 shots off target against us(Birmingham, Watford and Blackpool). Total of 54 attempts. Now of those 54 attempts how many have been true goal scoring attempts where you think bloody hell that was close and Fielding having to pull of blinding save as we know he can. I don't think that many.

What this say for me is not that we are having to do a lot of defending but actually our midfield and defence are working and are stopping true opportunities to be made and teams are having to chance it to score. Now in respect of goal ratios I can pretty much cope with being 23/24 when you consider this we must be actually high up in conversion rates (1:4.75) which shows our scorers are doing their jobs very well.

The question is how many teams can boast that in 54 attempts at goal in the Championship only one goal has been conceeded. I can cope with these current ratios.

We certainlty defended a lot at Watford, watching the Blackpool replay it seemed pretty even to me.

Dont think you can take the conversion rates too seriously considering two of our four goals have been screamers. We cant rely on Davies to do that for the entire season.

As long as bailey plays

and pearson does not, then we will do ok.

Seriously look at the stats on these two, one is good for our team the other is not.

Also is it true that Doncaster have 10 players out!

Thats pratically a whole team out.

Its a good point. Donny, (with 10 players out:rolleyes:), totally outplayed forest the other night yet still lost.

Luckily, we have a better side than forest.

Everytime I predict a loss we win and since I have come all the way from Canada to be here today I don't want to break that streak.

Hence

Derby 0-1 Donny

First scorer Lalkovic

thought you may have said Barnes, but, enjoy your stay!:D

Archived