Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

He takes a fooking age on the ball. A few really good chances squandered tonight that he should have done better with. Did I hear right that he's scored 40 goals this season? I can only assume that he's done that from 2000 chances.....

Que Gomez winner in ET!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who made the contest a non-event?

Barca are boring? Were the boring against Real Madrid, against Bayern Munich, against AC Milan, against Man Utd, against Leverkusen, against Valencia, against Atletico Madrid?

We all prefer a football match when two teams go at it and both try and score..

Chelsea didn't want to score.. You cannot label a team boring if they're playing against a team who put 10 men on their 18 yard line.. Barca have been involved in some incredible matches when the opposition have attacked them.. They lost 3-2 against Osasuna this season and the game was fascinating.. Osasuna played with a bold approach that worked..

I'd like to see how Spurs, Newcastle, Man Utd, Germany would do against a Chelsea team with 10 men parked on their 18 yard line..

If one team doesn't make it a spectace, it's nfair to label the other team who is doing all of the attacking as boring aswell.. With my post above, when Amir Khan and Peterson fight again in a few weeks, if Peterson doesn't throw a single punch until the 12th round you can't go saying that Amir Khan was boring aswell..

One team can simply ruin any game and it would reflect badly on the opposition..

Just my opinion Bris, never really enjoyed watching Barca play. Like I say, they bore me. Their games against Chelsea are only good because of the events.

In the second half Barca werent as good, that's true.

So the Chelsea defence werent worried in the first half when Messi burst through early and hit the site netting, and when all he had to do was slot it past Cech from 10 yards out under little pressure, or when they gave away a penalty?

I meant after getting back to 2-1. No, I don't think they looked worried at all, even the penalty came from a dive and Messi did not look confident.

Again so much rubbish spouted against Barca it's unreal..

Chelsea had the two best chances of the second half? No they didn't, they had one chance from Torres.. What was the other chance, when Drogba shot from inside his own half? No I was on about the Ivanovic free header from 6 yards and the Kalou one on one where he hesitated and maybe thought he was offside.

Messi missed a penalty (which should never have been given, although the dive probably brought rapturous applause from you), brought out a worldclass save from Cech when he hit the post (a shot from 20 yards is now a great chance?), Cuenca was clean in down the left that brought out another block from 8 yards from Cech (he should have squared it) but he didn't .. Iniesta brought out another blocked save from Cech from 10 yards when he really should have scored and Busquets ballooned yet another good oppportunity..

So funny when the Barca haters have the memories clouded (I don't hate Barca, I think they are a good team to watch at times but when the chips are down they can't adapt)..

Barca only pass it sideways.. How else can you play against a team that lines up with 5 across the backline (adapt your game and put some crosses into the box or try some long range shooting) (I'm talking about their 18 yardbox line) and 4 inbewteen who don't chase the ball but keep to their space.. Chelsea played such anti-football that they made no attempt to score in the second half (they scored 1 more than Barca did in the second half).. It was disgusting, and what Uefa should do now is take a serious look at the 'away goal' rule to stop teams from doing this..(UEFA and FIFA have tinkered with enough rules already without any more silly suggestions thank you)

We want to see open football with teams looking to score.. Chelsea didn't need to score in the second half and made no attempt to do so (they did score one, keep up).. Mikel could have broken clear at one point but instead booted it to the corner flag..

Saying that about Real Madrid, Germany, Holland.. Yes they play good football, but what could they do if Chelsea stuck 10 men on the edge of the box, no team can score from that... Only long shots.. If that was the case Ozil and Ronaldo would have over 30 long shots a game, it's anti-football.. And it's a disgrace.. Barca without Pique and Abidal had no height, so they didn't even have the option of pumping it long into the box.. Get rid of the away goal rule and you get rid of disgusting anti-football tactics like this..

Also you need to read some of the Spanish papers (and you need to read some of the other papers and see the press conferences to see Guardiola getting slaughtered) to know what is being said.. Barca are being lauded, Chelsea are being slaughtered as misrable cowards wanting to ruin our fine game.. I agree with them.

Also quit with the 'this football doesn't work' bull (they lost, this has been proven)... If that was a league game would Barca leave Torres alone at 2-1 and be pushing for another goal like that? Chelsea would have had to attack, leaving spaces for geniuses like Iniesta, Xavi and Messi..

People should be rooting for those who pass the ball on the ground, dribble, move, work the spaces... All at ground-breaking speed... How the feck people can celebrate sticking 10 men on the edge of your box and not attempting to score is ridiculous (some people like to see managers employing different tactics to outwit a superior team).. Would you pay and enjoy watching a boxer who doesn't throw a single punch for 11 rounds and just blocks and runs away and then lands a KO in the 12th.. I'm still gutted.. Rant over.

Again so much rubbish spouted against Barca it's unreal..

Chelsea had the two best chances of the second half? No they didn't, they had one chance from Torres.. What was the other chance, when Drogba shot from inside his own half?

Messi missed a penalty, brought out a worldclass save from Cech when he hit the post, Cuenca was clean in down the left that brought out another block from 8 yards from Cech (he should have squared it).. Iniesta brought out another blocked save from Cech from 10 yards when he really should have scored and Busquets ballooned yet another good oppportunity..

So funny when the Barca haters have the memories clouded..

Barca only pass it sideways.. How else can you play against a team that lines up with 5 across the backline (I'm talking about their 18 yardbox line) and 4 inbewteen who don't chase the ball but keep to their space.. Chelsea played such anti-football that they made no attempt to score in the second half.. It was disgusting, and what Uefa should do now is take a serious look at the 'away goal' rule to stop teams from doing this..

We want to see open football with teams looking to score.. Chelsea didn't need to score in the second half and made no attempt to do so.. Mikel could have broken clear at one point but instead booted it to the corner flag..

Saying that about Real Madrid, Germany, Holland.. Yes they play good football, but what could they do if Chelsea stuck 10 men on the edge of the box, no team can score from that... Only long shots.. If that was the case Ozil and Ronaldo would have over 30 long shots a game, it's anti-football.. And it's a disgrace.. Barca without Pique and Abidal had no height, so they didn't even have the option of pumping it long into the box.. Get rid of the away goal rule and you get rid of disgusting anti-football tactics like this..

Also you need to read some of the Spanish papers to know what is being said.. Barca are being lauded, Chelsea are being slaughtered as misrable cowards wanting to ruin our fine game.. I agree with them.

Also quit with the 'this football doesn't work' bull... If that was a league game would Barca leave Torres alone at 2-1 and be pushing for another goal like that? Chelsea would have had to attack, leaving spaces for geniuses like Iniesta, Xavi and Messi..

People should be rooting for those who pass the ball on the ground, dribble, move, work the spaces... All at ground-breaking speed... How the feck people can celebrate sticking 10 men on the edge of your box and not attempting to score is ridiculous.. Would you pay and enjoy watching a boxer who doesn't throw a single punch for 11 rounds and just blocks and runs away and then lands a KO in the 12th.. I'm still gutted.. Rant over.

So if Derby beat Barcelona in a champions league semi final using this so called anti football you'd be angry?

You could argue that Barce players crowding the ref, diving, getting away with things other teams wouldn't is also anti football.

Tactics won the match, Chelsea used their strengths to their advantage. There isn't a rule saying you have try and score every time you get the ball. There isn't a rule on style football played, if all teams employed the same tactics then the team with the most money and best players would always win.

There isn't a "set" way to play football. Nor good football. Just winning football. Barca were let down by the fact they had no plan B and they could not finish their chances. Although they might have had a lot of shots, there weren't THAT many good chances. A lot were blocked shots. In my opinion, defense is as important (and exciting) as attack. Chelsea played their best game (defense and counter) and barca used theirs (attack and possesion). Both are valid and its not anti-football. I'm not sure where the idea that barca play 'football the way it was meant to be played' came from.

I don't get why I have to be patriotic about sides like Chelsea, owned by a Russian oil Barron, managed by an Italian manager who I don't like they way they play (had some incredible luck v Wigan, Spurs in the League & Fulham) + having ***** like Terry, Cole and people like Drogba who prefer to spend more time on the ground than he does standing up despite being a well built 6ft 4ins player.

Man Utd who seem to act like they own the spot, Fergie who is pretty honest in interviews but don't like the way he blanked out corporations like the BBC. Although I do like Paul Scholes.

Man City, bankrolled by Abu Dhabi, have players like Balotelli, a manager an Mancini who I think is an OK guy but can't stand the card waving,.

Liverpool, ran by a manager who seems to think nothing is ever his own fault, backed Suarez even though the FA released a dossier which proved his guilt, spend £100 million and are still mid-table Berated Roy Hodgson even though "King Kenny" is hardly doing any better bar the cup finals HAHAHA

The only English teams in the top 6 I'd support in Europe are Newcastle and Arsenal (I don't like Wengers attitude when losing, but love the way they play).

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich.. What a semi-final..

Question though.. With buying winning the first leg, why didn't they just stick 11 men on the 18 yard box like Chelsea for 90 minutes.. Oh right yeh, because they wanted to create a spectacle and they wouldn't ever play anti-football..

Another question.. With Real Madrid 1-0 up and in a position to go through, why didn't they stick 11 men on the 18 yard box like Chelsea for 85 minutes? Oh right yeh, because they wanted to create a spectacle and they wouldn't ever play anti-football.. Their fans wouldn't accept it..

Barca can't adapt their game when losing? They don't need to. 3 CL winners in 7 years, 6 semi-finals, 5 La Ligas, 6 Supercopas, 3 Copa del Reys, 3 Euro supercups, 3 World club cups... The only team in Spanish history to win the treble.. The only team in world football to win 7 cups in one calender year..

Best team in history, lap it up haters..

Just a side thought though, when England play sh*te at the Euros and get comfortably beat by a stronger opponent, how many of you will be begging for us to play pressing, passing, moving football? How many of you will be begging us to put 11 men on the 18 yardline?.. Chelsea fans are going to be so fickle it's unreal..

Bayern to win the cup, I'd never support an anti-football team and that includes Derby.. I'd rather watch us lose than win like that.

Winning=everything.

Ask wimbeldon fans, ask george grahams arsenal team.... Its all about the winning

In 100 years, are people going to remember the famous Dutch team that won nothing or the Wimbledon team that won the cup final.. I didn't even know Wimbledon won the cup until you mentioned it, that's how much of an 'impression' they made on football..

I'd rather be apart of a team that changes the minds of football and I'd rather be in a team that will be spoken about in 100 years time rather than an ugly anti-football team that won a semi-final by luck.. (I would include CL winners but I don't think they will win it and I sure as hell hope to god they don't win it)..

Mues.. Who will Arsenal fans remember in 50 years, the wins under Wenger or the wins under Graham.. You can be a winner and not be remember or you can be a loser in style and be remembered over a long period of time.. I'd rather have that..

In 100 years time when fans look at won competed in the 2012 CL final, are they going to see the Barca name....no because as MunRam says, its all about the winning, no matter how its done.

How many cups are they going to win this year, one at best, they are becoming the Liverpool of the spanish league 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Archived