Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

spot on Cumbrian. Chelsea arent representing England any more than Forest represent East Midlands.

I like teams for who they are and how they are. Newcastle i'd love to see succeed in europe against anyone. Chelsea are just another horrid club that bother me and i hope Bayern slaughter them.

Celtic represent Britain? Fook that!!!

Two great semi finals, please let the final match up.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich.. What a semi-final..

Question though.. With buying winning the first leg, why didn't they just stick 11 men on the 18 yard box like Chelsea for 90 minutes.. Oh right yeh, because they wanted to create a spectacle and they wouldn't ever play anti-football..

Another question.. With Real Madrid 1-0 up and in a position to go through, why didn't they stick 11 men on the 18 yard box like Chelsea for 85 minutes? Oh right yeh, because they wanted to create a spectacle and they wouldn't ever play anti-football.. Their fans wouldn't accept it..

Barca can't adapt their game when losing? They don't need to. 3 CL winners in 7 years, 6 semi-finals, 5 La Ligas, 6 Supercopas, 3 Copa del Reys, 3 Euro supercups, 3 World club cups... The only team in Spanish history to win the treble.. The only team in world football to win 7 cups in one calender year..

Best team in history, lap it up haters..

Just a side thought though, when England play sh*te at the Euros and get comfortably beat by a stronger opponent, how many of you will be begging for us to play pressing, passing, moving football? How many of you will be begging us to put 11 men on the 18 yardline?.. Chelsea fans are going to be so fickle it's unreal..

Bayern to win the cup, I'd never support an anti-football team and that includes Derby.. I'd rather watch us lose than win like that.

Good job it was not the same ref as the Barca v Chelski game Bayern would have been down to ten, and maybe even nine, and Real may have had a sending off as well.

Question though.. With buying winning the first leg, why didn't they just stick 11 men on the 18 yard box like Chelsea for 90 minutes.. Oh right yeh, because they wanted to create a spectacle and they wouldn't ever play anti-football..

Another question.. With Real Madrid 1-0 up and in a position to go through, why didn't they stick 11 men on the 18 yard box like Chelsea for 85 minutes? Oh right yeh, because they wanted to create a spectacle and they wouldn't ever play anti-football.. Their fans wouldn't accept it..

It's got little to do with 'wanting to put on a spectacle' and more about each knowing that there's not much between their sides. Bayern are capable of going anywhere and winning, and Madrid are equally capable of beating anyone at the Bernebau.

Any notion that Bayern might have had about protecting their lead went up in smoke in the first 10 minutes. They didn't really have much choice other than to go forward. As soon as they got the away goal back they'd built up enough momentum to carry them through the second half, knowing that a second away goal would leave Madrid in serious trouble.

Barca can't adapt their game when losing? They don't need to. 3 CL winners in 7 years, 6 semi-finals, 5 La Ligas, 6 Supercopas, 3 Copa del Reys, 3 Euro supercups, 3 World club cups... The only team in Spanish history to win the treble.. The only team in world football to win 7 cups in one calender year..

Best team in history, lap it up haters..

No, that would be the Madrid side of the late 50s/early 60s. They won the European Cup more times in a row than Barcelona have managed in their history.

Fair play though, perhaps the Barcelona fans can break out their DVDs and watch those when Bayern and Chelsea are battling it out to see who rules Europe......

Just a side thought though, when England play sh*te at the Euros and get comfortably beat by a stronger opponent, how many of you will be begging for us to play pressing, passing, moving football? How many of you will be begging us to put 11 men on the 18 yardline?.. Chelsea fans are going to be so fickle it's unreal..

England hold little interest for me, don't really care how they play.

Bayern to win the cup, I'd never support an anti-football team and that includes Derby.. I'd rather watch us lose than win like that.

Presumably you took a sabbatical during Billy Davies' reign?

I don't really care who wins the CL now, Bayern or Chelsea.

I think I'm in the minority here, I want Chelsea to win, even if they only had one English player in the team that's enough for me, I want any English club to do well in Europe with maybe the exception of one.

I dont really like the egg chasing, but when it comes down to the WC I'm there cheering them on, wanting them to win even though I don't know half the rules, I would also take a euro win for England by drawing every game nil nil and winning only on penos with JT scoring the winning one if it meant we won.

But that just me I suppose :-)

In 100 years time when fans look at won competed in the 2012 CL final, are they going to see the Barca name....no because as MunRam says, its all about the winning, no matter how its done.

How many cups are they going to win this year, one at best, they are becoming the Liverpool of the spanish league 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Just the 4..

Supercopa (beating Real Madrid)

Supercup (beating Porto)

World clubcup (beating Santos)

And hopefully the Copa del Rey (beating Athletic Bilboa)

in 100 years time people won't look at one particular year when a team wins the cup.. Just like I don't know who won the 1998 CL or the 1996 CL or the 2002 CL.. I could look it up on Wiki but these finals don't stand out for me in any way..

I do however remember the Pep Guardiola era of 2008-2012 when he created a team that will be remembered in 100 years who has won the maximum trophies ever won in a single calender year and inttroduced a brand of football that will be forever remembered throught the history of our game..

Best team in history.. Better than the Real Madrid team of the 50s..

First of all we don't know who the best team in history is, it is simply an opinion. Secondly the world club championship and the supercup count for nothing Bris. The supercup is one game and the world club championship isn't all that either. I think Bayern couldn't defend because they knew with the attacking players they had they could score, but they couldn't keep a clean sheet. Chelsea had a shot at a clean sheet and breaks with people like Drogba. While this Barcelona team is brilliant it isn't just Guardiola who has masterminded it, the previous manager did a good job didn't he? Also the youth system at the club is tremendous. While the dominance isn't gone for Barca the warning signs are there Bris. Even if the warning signs are tiny which they are, they are there.

Surely the best team in history should be able to beat a very average Chelsea side, down to 10 men with both recognised centre backs off the pitch....

Guardiola on the verge of leaving Barcelona. A sabbatical and then on to the Premier League to learn how to defend.

Wonder how long Mourinho will stay out there now? Given that he's spoken of his desire to return to the Premier League on numerous occasions it wouldn't surprise me if he heads back sooner rather than later now that he's seen off Barcelona.

In 100 years, are people going to remember the famous Dutch team that won nothing or the Wimbledon team that won the cup final.. I didn't even know Wimbledon won the cup until you mentioned it, that's how much of an 'impression' they made on football..

I'd rather be apart of a team that changes the minds of football and I'd rather be in a team that will be spoken about in 100 years time rather than an ugly anti-football team that won a semi-final by luck.. (I would include CL winners but I don't think they will win it and I sure as hell hope to god they don't win it)..

Mues.. Who will Arsenal fans remember in 50 years, the wins under Wenger or the wins under Graham.. You can be a winner and not be remember or you can be a loser in style and be remembered over a long period of time.. I'd rather have that..

Ask any Arsenal fan if they would preferred the title winning team that were famous for winning 1-0 or the team that has won nothing for how many years..thats what you should be asking. Obviously everyone wants their team to play the beautiful football and beat everyone by 6 goals BUT if it is a choice between winning ugly and not winning at all, only a loser would pick the later.

Ask the famous geordie nation, if they would have preffered to win the league than play the football that keegan had them playing and win nothing?

As for rememberin the famous Dutch team that won nothing, nope in 100 years no one will remember them, but the record books will remind everyone that Greece won the Euros.

And Chelsea were good, not lucky, they played well.

There is nothing better than going to an away ground, playing crap, getting battered for 90 minutes and then breaking away near the end, scoring and walking away with the 1-0 win...then listening to all the comments from the home fans about how lucky you were... Perfect.

How can you say the Supercup counts for nothing? It's a prestigous tournament played against the winners of The Europa League, a team that just happened to have gone through a whole season underfeated and boasts world class players... Any team in Europe would love to have a chance to play in that final and win it..

As for Pep, he changed that team.. Frank Rijkaard didn't play the famous tiki-taki football, he had worldclass players in Ronaldinho, Eider Gudjohnson, Samuel Eto'o, Deco, Marquez etc.. But he didn't use the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in the way that Pep has done..

Also Rijkaard had a tendancy to let 'Barca players' slip under the radar and move off to other clubs before even pulling on the Barca shirt.. The likes of Pique, Reina and Fabregas were sold/released as youth players..Even Iniesta was out of favour.. Pep has given all the youths a chance, the likes of Messi (obviously), Tello, Cuenca, Adriano, Iniesta, Pedro, Bojan, Thiago, Busquets, Valdes were all given a chance by Guardiola and his style of football is now implemented through all age groups..

The likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Pique, Pedro etc. Would never have starred at international level had it not been for the fine club form they showed prior to those tournaments.. Spain at the WC was basically Barca + Capdevilla, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Xavi Alonso... They all had a winning mentality.. (Does make me wonder why the English Man Utd players don't play more often for England)

There are no warning signs.. Barca haven't been domianted in a football game since Inter Milan away 2010.. Every single game they've played since then they've been the better team.. The only thing that stopped them winning against Real Madrid and Chelsea recently was a stronger defender (Abidal) and a more natural finisher (David Villa)

I hope to god Pep stays on.. If he doesn't, there's only one man for the job.. Marcelo Bielsa

Surely the best team in history should be able to beat a very average Chelsea side, down to 10 men with both recognised centre backs off the pitch....

Guardiola on the verge of leaving Barcelona. A sabbatical and then on to the Premier League to learn how to defend.

Wonder how long Mourinho will stay out there now? Given that he's spoken of his desire to return to the Premier League on numerous occasions it wouldn't surprise me if he heads back sooner rather than later now that he's seen off Barcelona.

Surely the best team in England can beat Blackburn Rovers at home and Wigan Athletic away?

One incredibly unlucky defeat at Stamford bridge and and incredibly unlucky home draw when chasing a 3rd goal doesn't outweigh 4 glorious years of complete and utter domination..

I feckin love this Barca team.. Beautiful artistry masterpiece. Best team in history

guardiola leaving Barca would be ridiculous. Some short memories in Catalunya if they wish him gone. Knee jerk. If he goes of his own will then he's an idiot too. He's got a few years left in this Barca side. He'll never get a chance to manage a team like this again. Why not ride it out until it's over? I dont know if he realises what he'd be throwing away...... Or handing over too early.

Jose likes to talk a lot so i wonder what his plans really are? I suspect he'd like to win the CL with Madrid and also prove beyond any doubt that he's won his duel with Barca. That would take another full season,

Both right now are probably feeling a bit sorry for themselves.

How can you say the Supercup counts for nothing? It's a prestigous tournament played against the winners of The Europa League, a team that just happened to have gone through a whole season underfeated and boasts world class players... Any team in Europe would love to have a chance to play in that final and win it..

As for Pep, he changed that team.. Frank Rijkaard didn't play the famous tiki-taki football, he had worldclass players in Ronaldinho, Eider Gudjohnson, Samuel Eto'o, Deco, Marquez etc.. But he didn't use the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in the way that Pep has done..

Also Rijkaard had a tendancy to let 'Barca players' slip under the radar and move off to other clubs before even pulling on the Barca shirt.. The likes of Pique, Reina and Fabregas were sold/released as youth players..Even Iniesta was out of favour.. Pep has given all the youths a chance, the likes of Messi (obviously), Tello, Cuenca, Adriano, Iniesta, Pedro, Bojan, Thiago, Busquets, Valdes were all given a chance by Guardiola and his style of football is now implemented through all age groups..

The likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Pique, Pedro etc. Would never have starred at international level had it not been for the fine club form they showed prior to those tournaments.. Spain at the WC was basically Barca + Capdevilla, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Xavi Alonso... They all had a winning mentality.. (Does make me wonder why the English Man Utd players don't play more often for England)

There are no warning signs.. Barca haven't been domianted in a football game since Inter Milan away 2010.. Every single game they've played since then they've been the better team.. The only thing that stopped them winning against Real Madrid and Chelsea recently was a stronger defender (Abidal) and a more natural finisher (David Villa)

I hope to god Pep stays on.. If he doesn't, there's only one man for the job.. Marcelo Bielsa

The supercup isn't prestigous at all.

John Terry given go ahead to lift Champions League Trophy

His is the worse one. It wasnt a late tackle or a cynical trip. He was just being a usual cnut.

Glad if both sides can field full strength teams though. Its what everyone wants

Sky Sources : Pep Guardiola tells Barcelona he wants to quit at end of season @ take a break from football.

Take a break!!!!

I want to take a break from plastering too!!

Hes still young enough to do so much when this current generation of players are past their peak.

Take a break!!! Try having a real job and real problems you ********

Been rejected by UEFA M8 just heard it on Sky bans stand for final.

Thats a shame. I'm sure both teams would be happy for full strength squads and apart from Terry i bet all suspended players got yellow cards for pretty average fouls.

Could of made the final better imo.

Archived