Savage Turns against us

Leicester Ram

an extract from his piece for the mirror.

7) Sorry, but Derby will find it a challenge

Not because they’ve lost me but because they’ve not really improved. Yes, there’s a bit of pace in Nathan Tyson, one of the best keepers in the league in Frankie Fielding and Nigel Clough’s an excellent boss .

He will make the most of what he’s got, and that includes a dressing room full of talented boys.

But he needs men for when the going gets tough and I can see them fitting with Coventry, Palace, Peterborough, Watford and a few others near the bottom.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Robbie-Savage-Championship-preview-West-Ham-Leicester-West-Ham-Birmingham-Nottingham-forest-wife-Sarah-funny-and-article781119.html#ixzz1UAAK0lUJ

does he have a point?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly has he said wrong? To me it looks like he's agreeing with 60-70% on the forum. And he's spot on. We have made some decent signings but we lack real experience in the squad, and that will hurt us this year.

"Turning on us"? I don't think a mildly depressing but ultimately plausible prediction for our season is him sticking the knife in in any way.

Like him or not, he's a pundit now. He's predicted a season of struggle. That's his job. Sav "turning against us" is a tad hysterical.

What exactly has he said wrong? To me it looks like he's agreeing with 60-70% on the forum. And he's spot on. We have made some decent signings but we lack real experience in the squad, and that will hurt us this year.

"Turning on us"? I don't think a mildly depressing but ultimately plausible prediction for our season is him sticking the knife in in any way.

Like him or not, he's a pundit now. He's predicted a season of struggle. That's his job. Sav "turning against us" is a tad hysterical.

well im sorry, il change it to 'sav has slight disagreement with us' :D i was referring to the twitter posts and everything on an overall, not just his column.

Our fans are poor at times, but hey ho.

I think we will have to wait and find out what he said is true, I don't know how our team will do if we hit a bad bit of form. I just hope it doesn't happen like last season where we couldn't get a win for love nor money!

Savage never struck me as a captain, he used to ponce about and whinge that was there for everyone to see, Barker always looked like the one to round the players up and have a word and think the players really look up to him, Savage was a gimmick, never took it to seriously for me.

Fielding

Barker Shackell

Bryson Bailey

Tyson Steve Davies

that is a strong spine in the team, I think we will be alright just lets get the season underway.

Fielding

Barker Shackell

Bryson Bailey

Tyson Steve Davies

that is a strong spine in the team, I think we will be alright just lets get the season underway

I agree, i thought we looked quite solid at the back against villa over the 90min.

If we can keep these fit and add 1 or 2 more before the end of the window i think we should be ok. Not pulling up any trees mind but a better season than last.

Fair play to Savage. He has a opinion just like any other player, fan, journo or whatever else.

As soon as he announced his retirement, Sav stated that Derby need to inject "roughly" 10 million quid into the playing staff to be in with a fighting chance of promotion, is he wrong.. because I don't think he is.

Yeah fair enough we have a strongish looking team on paper.. but it getting the players together, its keeping players fit, having a good morale within the club/fans etc.

I personally think this is Clough' last year before we start fully judging him/the team. Obviously we need to improve on last season. Top 10 would be asking too much I honestly feel. If we were solid at home and okish away then I think everyone would be happy. Its just getting that mixed balance.

an extract from his piece for the mirror.

7) Sorry, but Derby will find it a challenge

Not because they’ve lost me but because they’ve not really improved. Yes, there’s a bit of pace in Nathan Tyson, one of the best keepers in the league in Frankie Fielding and Nigel Clough’s an excellent boss .

He will make the most of what he’s got, and that includes a dressing room full of talented boys.

But he needs men for when the going gets tough and I can see them fitting with Coventry, Palace, Peterborough, Watford and a few others near the bottom.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Robbie-Savage-Championship-preview-West-Ham-Leicester-West-Ham-Birmingham-Nottingham-forest-wife-Sarah-funny-and-article781119.html#ixzz1UAAK0lUJ

does he have a point?

Yes, he does have a point. Unfortunately.

over reaction.....he's not said anything he didn't say live on Rams player v Macclesfield or whichever game it was.

people do go on and on and on and on sometimes

if he'd seen the villa match he might have had a slightly different opinion but hey ho., I'm not exactly expecting top 10.

Archived