Amy Winehouse dies aged 27

Perky1106

RIP Amy, a girl I met at the start of her career, and she was very talented. Unfortunately her problem was nerves and she turned to drink and drugs. In the end it beat her.

Sad day and RIP from a very old admirer, you will always be remebered and I love you babe - you were a star xxx

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, she's to blame for whats happened to her, but she still deserves sympathy. She had problems, and the drugs were her way out.

Nothing is simply black and white, I have alot of sympathy for her. For her family also of course. Such a shame it came to this.

She needed help, she either didn't get it or it didn't work. I do not think it right to simply look at the fact she took drugs and say 'Oh, she got what was coming'. She was a good person, just caught up in the wrong things.

great post more people should take this view imo!

Someone on twitter said "i can hardly breathe i'm crying so hard"

Can type though yeah?

I care more about the junkies that top themselves in some dingy council flat in Peckham than about Amy Winehouse. They haven't had the opportunities she had.

Not saying she deserved it like. Just that i feel sorry for people who've had a far less opportunistic life than her and have gone the same way. Society looks down on these people. Yet Winehouse is a tragedy?

Not saying she doesn't deserve respect etc. Just that society is rather up it's own ar5e. They care more about a singer that wasted away with all the help in the world around her than some heroine addict stuck with nothing but a needle and a crack pipe.

That my view anyway. We can't all be the same.

I don't know quite how to respond to your post, honestly I can't agree, Winehouse was obviously troubled like drug users and alcoholics, the fact is the reason why people have this reaction is because if someone is so immensely talented and gifted and has had a high exposure in the media then there will be this public outcry. Now if every tragedy of a drug addict in a council flat with no way out was published then people would be eternally depressed and would be just as upset.

A drug addiction is a drug addiction no matter what opportunities you have, again if someone has trouble with nerves and needs to perform then it can be an unstoppable cycle, winehouse was reported to have trouble with nerves. I care about everyone equally, especially when it comes to such problems which are devastating. I think when people talk about tragedy, they can only talk about to what the media exposes to them and what they know of, i know of a few tragedies which only a couple of people in the world know about as well.

Agree. She was a deeply troubled soul, racked with self doubt and possibly haunted by bad experiences. She slipped into a bad cycle of deep anxiety and oblivion through drink and drugs.

No-one who has not been in her shoes should cast judgment. It's a tragedy that anyone should be so unhappy, especially at such a young age. She leaves behind a grieving family. The fact that she was famous and had money doessn't matter a jot.

Think either i've made my point badly or something.

I'm not saying people shouldn't feel sorry for Amy Winehouse. Or that she deserved it or anything like that.

It's more the view in which people take on her compared to some "waster" squatting in a run down flat.

If your the sort of person who couldn't give toss about some junky in Birmingham, then how dare these people come out the woodwork and call Amy Winehouse a tragedy.

She's made her choices. Just like they did. She's probably had an easier way out than they have in terms of people around her. She's got a career she could of walked straight back into.

Why should anyone care about Amy Winehouse more than any other drug user? Because she sang a song? What about the tragedy of people who make one wrong decision and spend the rest of their lives trapped between a needle and a hot spoon? Do people give a toss about them? Or do they look down on them?

They look down on them. But Amy "the troubled star" Winehouse they don't look down on. Because she can sing.

My problem honestly isn't with this sad story (and it is sad, i'm not being sarcastic). It's with the fact people are making such a massive deal out of it.

Since she died people seem to have forgotten all about the people in Norway. They just get a coloumn on the second page now.

My problem is just with the media (as usual) and all these people who are "truley crushed by this horrific story". There are far worse stories out there. If they find Amy Winehouse a sad story then they need to open their eyes.

In the grand scheme of things, to the people who look down their noses at heroine addicts etc, she's just another dead junky. But because she released a music album their trying to make her more than that.

It's sort of hypocrisy. I'm not having a pop at people saying "oh, it's sad news" because i genuinley agree. Just the way society has made it so much more important than any other dead heroine addict that was caught in a trap.

It's bad when it's bigger new than what happened in Norway.

I don't think i'm doing a good job of saying what i want to say.

Sorry. :)

Think either i've made my point badly or something.

I'm not saying people shouldn't feel sorry for Amy Winehouse. Or that she deserved it or anything like that.

It's more the view in which people take on her compared to some "waster" squatting in a run down flat.

If your the sort of person who couldn't give toss about some junky in Birmingham, then how dare these people come out the woodwork and call Amy Winehouse a tragedy.

She's made her choices. Just like they did. She's probably had an easier way out than they have in terms of people around her. She's got a career she could of walked straight back into.

Why should anyone care about Amy Winehouse more than any other drug user? Because she sang a song? What about the tragedy of people who make one wrong decision and spend the rest of their lives trapped between a needle and a hot spoon? Do people give a toss about them? Or do they look down on them?

They look down on them. But Amy "the troubled star" Winehouse they don't look down on. Because she can sing.

My problem honestly isn't with this sad story (and it is sad, i'm not being sarcastic). It's with the fact people are making such a massive deal out of it.

Since she died people seem to have forgotten all about the people in Norway. They just get a coloumn on the second page now.

My problem is just with the media (as usual) and all these people who are "truley crushed by this horrific story". There are far worse stories out there. If they find Amy Winehouse a sad story then they need to open their eyes.

In the grand scheme of things, to the people who look down their noses at heroine addicts etc, she's just another dead junky. But because she released a music album their trying to make her more than that.

It's sort of hypocrisy. I'm not having a pop at people saying "oh, it's sad news" because i genuinley agree. Just the way society has made it so much more important than any other dead heroine addict that was caught in a trap.

It's bad when it's bigger new than what happened in Norway.

I don't think i'm doing a good job of saying what i want to say.

Sorry. :)

Anyone who thinks people with drug problems are wasters need to take a look at themselves in the mirror in all honesty, I think it is inevitable a star will get more media attention when they die than normal people who struggle with addiction, I think a lot of people see it as sad because as a polarizing figure with so much potential that has simply disappeared and the fact that she died extremely young as well.

I think most people who look down on drug users would probably look down on her in all honesty, they would see her as another user and as a waste of space, as most of these people (sorry to generalize) are in all probability middle aged and conservative they wouldn't listen to her music either in all probability.

She didn't have an easier way out at all, having a career isn't the problem, indeed for Winehouse it may have contributed to it, the problem is kicking the drugs which can be nion impossible for some indeed most. It is no different for her than for a young person struggling on benefits.

Again the newspapers i read, and the t.v. i have watched winehouse hasn't overshadowed the norway incident at all, on the guardian online the Norway incident is quite rightly the main story, it is forums like this and social networking sites where it is big news i suppose.

Someone on twitter said "i can hardly breathe i'm crying so hard"

Can type though yeah?

I care more about the junkies that top themselves in some dingy council flat in Peckham than about Amy Winehouse. They haven't had the opportunities she had.

Not saying she deserved it like. Just that i feel sorry for people who've had a far less opportunistic life than her and have gone the same way. Society looks down on these people. Yet Winehouse is a tragedy?

Not saying she doesn't deserve respect etc. Just that society is rather up it's own ar5e. They care more about a singer that wasted away with all the help in the world around her than some heroine addict stuck with nothing but a needle and a crack pipe.

That my view anyway. We can't all be the same.

Couldn't agree more .....

Pete Doherty next ?

A wasted talent.. She only has herself to blame though..

The moments before she started doing the drugs/drinking she knew the consequences.. To think this was the only way out then she was sadly mistaken.. It's like drink driving, you know before getting in the car what can happen, it's just a shame so many people go through with it.. Especially when other people get caught up in your mess.

To battle with being nervious? I don't get it.. No-one forced her to be a singer, no-one forced her to get up on stage, if she felt she couldn't handle it, then she should have changed career.. Not take drugs..

I feel sorry for her friends and family, she's been using the stuff for years and they've always tried to support her no doubt, must have spent alot of time and attention trying to make her better/talk sense into her... for what?

Also to the person who twitted that she was crying so badly she couldn't breathe... Unless she was a personl friend, then that's just wierd.. Why would anyone get caught up in someone on the telly, someone they'll never know personally in their life.. Should concentrate on other things..

Anyhow, See you on the telly in another life Amy.

Anyone else notice how quickly the funeral was.

She was found dead saturday afternoon, and buried tuesday.

Normally it takes 7-10 days to the date of the funeral.

Or is it just me thinking somthing is up.

Oooh, yeahh, very suspicious that. Come to think of it, all Jewish funerals happen within 48 hours of death.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say they were Jewish. That may explain why they were at a synagogue and all the males were wearing skullcaps.

Good conspiracy theory.

Archived