Amy Winehouse dies aged 27

Perky1106

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised at all!!! She has been a path to self destruction for a long time!!! She was an amazing talent that has been wasted!!! It might show young people no matter how rich or famous you are you aren't invincible!!

Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

Winehouse's recent career was overshadowed by drink and drug problems

Singer Amy Winehouse, 27, has been found dead at her north London home.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.

London Ambulance Service said it had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two vehicles but the woman died.

The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her recent musical career. She pulled out of a comeback tour last month.

Last month, the north Londoner pulled out of the European tour after she was jeered at the first gig in Serbia for appearing too drunk to perform.

For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.

Winehouse had won widespread acclaim, aged 20, with her 2003 debut album, Frank.

Worldwide stardom

But it was 2006's Back to Black which brought her worldwide stardom, winning five Grammy Awards.

Rumours of Winehouse's death began circulating on Twitter on Saturday evening. Among those to comment was former prime minister's wife Sarah Brown.

"Sad sad news of Amy Winehouse - great talent, extraordinary voice, and tragic death, condolences to her family," she tweeted.

Singer and presenter Myleene Klass tweeted: "OMG. Amy Winehouse. Exceptional talent and really nice lady. RIP."

BBC Radio 1 DJ Fearne Cotton wrote: "Can not believe the news. Amy was a special girl. The saddest news."

Daily Telegraph rock critic Neil McCormick said he was "utterly shocked" at her death.

He said she had appeared focused when giving an "incredible performance" for a recent studio recording of a duet with Tony Bennett.

"It's deeply sad. It's the most completely tragic waste of talent that I can remember," he added.

At the time she pulled out of the tour, her spokesman said: "Amy Winehouse is withdrawing from all scheduled performances.

"Everyone involved wishes to do everything they can to help her return to her best and she will be given as long as it takes for this to happen."

BBC © 2011

Sympathy to her family.

Amy just wasted her life by her car crash lifstyle choices and the people she hung around with, so no sympathy for her.

Yes, she's to blame for whats happened to her, but she still deserves sympathy. She had problems, and the drugs were her way out.

Nothing is simply black and white, I have alot of sympathy for her. For her family also of course. Such a shame it came to this.

She needed help, she either didn't get it or it didn't work. I do not think it right to simply look at the fact she took drugs and say 'Oh, she got what was coming'. She was a good person, just caught up in the wrong things.

Yes, she's to blame for whats happened to her, but she still deserves sympathy. She had problems, and the drugs were her way out.

Nothing is simply black and white, I have alot of sympathy for her. For her family also of course. Such a shame it came to this.

She needed help, she either didn't get it or it didn't work. I do not think it right to simply look at the fact she took drugs and say 'Oh, she got what was coming'. She was a good person, just caught up in the wrong things.

You make your own decisions in life and as a result have to face the consequences.

Drugs = dangerous.

You make your own decisions in life and as a result have to face the consequences.

Drugs = dangerous.

I know that, doesn't mean i'm not sympathetic when things like this can't be stopped.

She wasn't a bad person, by all accounts she was a genuinely nice woman most of the time.

I'm not saying that she didn't know the consequences, it's just sad that no-one was able to help her.

The way Winehouse used drugs and alcohol I can guarantee that she had some serious problems which led to her drug abuse. Seen many famous and regular people destroy themselves with drugs but her way with drugs was much more violent than it should have been if she was just partying. Anyway, awesome talent, wasted. R.I.P.

Celebrities are just normal people like ourselves, they're no more vulnerable to addiction than you or me but have the liberty of unlimited means to pay for it.

Some celebrities have made their way out of it (Robert Downey Jr, Charlie Sheen) and some have failed. Amy isn't the first. Brittany Murphy and Heath Ledger probably died as a result of prescription medication. Maybe Amy just wasn't desperate enough to wean herself off the ****.

I can't believe how bad she has managed to **** up, it was bound to happen though she was always on that path and seemed reluctant to get off it.

Obviously it's not nice but there is thousands, if not millions of people dead today that are more deserving of sympathy.

Archived