Amy Winehouse dies aged 27

Perky1106

I care more about the innocent individuals that died in Norway than Winehouse. Some people don't get chances in life, she did. She had the riches and the fame and instead decided to pump her body with all manner of drugs and substances. As I said in my previous post, you have to face the consequences of the actions you take.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I care more about the innocent individuals that died in Norway than Winehouse. Some people don't get chances in life, she did. She had the riches and the fame and instead decided to pump her body with all manner of drugs and substances. As I said in my previous post, you have to face the consequences of the actions you take.

I'd agree with that. It's all about personal choice and it's clear she made hers, fully aware of the consequences. After all, help was available to her but she decided not to take it and paid the ultimate price. What a waste.

I'd agree with that. It's all about personal choice and it's clear she made hers, fully aware of the consequences. After all, help was available to her but she decided not to take it and paid the ultimate price. What a waste.

Sometimes it may be difficult to stop with the addictions of drugs alcohol and prescription cures or remedies, and I know better than most. Amy was so nervous at the start of her career, she drank for Dutch courage, later became normal for her to smoke weed, then eventually moved onto the Class A drugs. Her choice of course, but very difficult to stop once it is in your bloodstream so to speak. The illness takes over and the only cure is to have more drugs. Rehab doesn't work for many people as their nervous system doesn't allow repairs. More drugs mixed with alcohol is the only way out for some.

RIP - she was a great talent aged 27 died at the same age as Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison (Doors) and Kurt Cobain.

Someone on twitter said "i can hardly breathe i'm crying so hard"

Can type though yeah?

I care more about the junkies that top themselves in some dingy council flat in Peckham than about Amy Winehouse. They haven't had the opportunities she had.

Not saying she deserved it like. Just that i feel sorry for people who've had a far less opportunistic life than her and have gone the same way. Society looks down on these people. Yet Winehouse is a tragedy?

Not saying she doesn't deserve respect etc. Just that society is rather up it's own ar5e. They care more about a singer that wasted away with all the help in the world around her than some heroine addict stuck with nothing but a needle and a crack pipe.

That my view anyway. We can't all be the same.

this

How incredibly patronising.

Just because people have wealth they deserve no sympathies for any of life troubles. Buy your way out of it?

Just because they're poor they deserve a pat on the back because....they have no chance?

That's how that sounds. If it were me, I'd give you a V sign.

Incredible how much this happens.

How incredibly patronising.

Just because people have wealth they deserve no sympathies for any of life troubles. Buy your way out of it?

Just because they're poor they deserve a pat on the back because....they have no chance?

That's how that sounds. If it were me, I'd give you a V sign.

Incredible how much this happens.

She had so much help, and so many opportunities to change that other people just don't get so why would I feel any sympathy for her.

She and only she caused this, unfortunately she doesn't have to live with it.

She had so much help, and so many opportunities to change that other people just don't get so why would I feel any sympathy for her.

She and only she caused this, unfortunately she doesn't have to live with it.

Same goes for whoever, just because she had more money doesn't separate her from us mere mortals.

Whoever you are, life troubles are just as effective regardless of money.

Anybody who gets caught up in heroin and crack cause it to themselves, but to do it in the first place there are some serious issues that need to be dealt with pre addiction. Never mind the addiction itself.

In saying all that though, plenty of people with talent do this to themselves. It's like they reach to deep to achieve their brilliantness and as a result need to replenish their good vibes with artificial flavours.

Anyway.

I wonder if the same fans who boo'd her off the stage recently, are the same one's who can't breath because they're crying and typing so hard?

We're all fickle. Several thousand Derby fans are happy to boo the players off the pitch when we lose to a last minute despite playing well, and then when we win it's a very different reaction. They also cry about Kris Commons leaving despite having called him a fat red dog for most of his time at Derby.

Anyway.

I wonder if the same fans who boo'd her off the stage recently, are the same one's who can't breath because they're crying and typing so hard?

probably not, as those people were living in an ex eastern block european country and tickets cost a lot of money for them, like a weeks wages. They probably are upset but were rightly annoyed at the awful performance.

She did it to herself, her choice- always sad but ultimately her fault. How her passing can be compared to the murder of dozens of innocent children being shot dead by a crazed, racist gunman in a premeditated, carefully planned attack is just beyond me!

Because the papers print what sells. Celebrity news will always get more views, especially tragic deaths.

Celebrities get more sales, so they print that first. It's not like she had any part in that though like some people seemed to be saying at the time, not like she phoned the press up for a final story was it.

People seemed to blame her for all the coverage her death got. Fame chooses you, not the other way around. I dare say she'd have wanted it to go completely under the radar if she'd had a choice.

i wouldn't put her in the same class as Hendrix,Morrison,Cobain and Jones

Jimi Hendrix once walked on stage off his face on acid sat on an amp and laughed his face off then buggered off. Clearly on a different level to Amy. :cool:

Whitehouse once walked on stage, tried to sing, couldn't and was boo'd loudly. She buggered off.

Both examples left the fans asking for a refund I think.

Archived