Song Sheets for SE Corner

therams69

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyson has got a hard complicated song, something along the lines of.. duh, bah, kah, ter nathan tyson.. but not quite like that, anyone got any ideas? because boy I am stumped :confused:

in all honesty a song sheet would be good, on the basis I missed a year of games came back and didn't have a clue what anyone was on about! :o

another good idea nick i think, this helps everyone feel more involved and it will get new people feeling more confident in singing i think.

I think you'll find it was my idea, just taken Nick months to sort it out :p.

If you want Nick I can grab a few song sheets off you before the Brum game and stick them on seats.

Tyson has got a hard complicated song, something along the lines of.. duh, bah, kah, ter nathan tyson.. but not quite like that, anyone got any ideas? because boy I am stumped :confused:

in all honesty a song sheet would be good, on the basis I missed a year of games came back and didn't have a clue what anyone was on about! :o

I think it's just like

Der,der,der der... Fookin useless

And:

Der,der,der,der Shefki Kuqi

Same tune or whatever i think. Or that's what i heard Forest sing once when we played them. Maybe there's another song that you mean?

Some songs that have quiet bit that people don't seem to know. The quiet bits:

Sing On Our Own:

Hoist up the Derby sail.

Can't hear the Forest sing

(the rest people know.)

We love you, we love you

And where you play we'll follow, we'll follow

Cus we support the Derby, the Derby

And that's the way we like it, we like it..

(the rest people know. Dunno what the song is called but it's the one off Palace)

Those songs are popular at the end, but people don't join in the start. They need to be on there i reckon.

I think order of songs is important, or when we sing them during the match.

3 minutes in at home to Barnsley or something, Dale Cavese looks a bit daft and not many would fancy it.

Start off with the classics; We are Derby, Oh when the Rams, etc, even White Christmas?

When the games in swing, get the more pacey chants going and get the place pumping in atmosphere along with the game.

Just a thought. :)

hey nick just some suggestions and a question:)

When your up in the south stand, may i suggest you try to slow things down, song wise because the east stand tend to rush songs alot (this doesnt make them sound as good as they can be imo) Try to incorporate some slow arm movements like with the we love you song ,just single claps between each line would look and sound extremely fantastic instead of clappin as fast as you can which is what the east stand tend to do ruining the effect of the song. the people are very happy clappy in the east stand and sometimes with slow songs they seem to have a competition to see who can clap the fastest! also i would like to see more bouncing and more scarfs being waved effectively, visually it would look great. the reason i aim this at the southstand is because i know now nicks in that stand with the barmy army they will start most songs and therefore have the ability to control how fast or how slow to sing, and what arm movements to make and how fast they make them.

Also on a different note, to the song list you should add 'just cant get enough' 'we are sailing' and the 'torres derby song' and finally, what songs are actually going up on the 5000 song sheets?... Many thanks SDR ....

I think it's just like

And:

Same tune or whatever i think. Or that's what i heard Forest sing once when we played them. Maybe there's another song that you mean?

Some songs that have quiet bit that people don't seem to know. The quiet bits:

Sing On Our Own:

Hoist up the Derby sail.

Can't hear the Forest sing

(the rest people know.)

We love you, we love you

And where you play we'll follow, we'll follow

Cus we support the Derby, the Derby

And that's the way we like it, we like it..

(the rest people know. Dunno what the song is called but it's the one off Palace)

Those songs are popular at the end, but people don't join in the start. They need to be on there i reckon.

I was just being sarcastic Alpha, more of a pop at how easy his song is.. don't think we'll change it and can see it being the most sung chant of the season, after he bangs in 35+ goals of course :eek:

hey nick just some suggestions and a question:)

When your up in the south stand, may i suggest you try to slow things down, song wise because the east stand tend to rush songs alot (this doesnt make them sound as good as they can be imo) Try to incorporate some slow arm movements like with the we love you song ,just single claps between each line would look and sound extremely fantastic instead of clappin as fast as you can which is what the east stand tend to do ruining the effect of the song. the people are very happy clappy in the east stand and sometimes with slow songs they seem to have a competition to see who can clap the fastest! also i would like to see more bouncing and more scarfs being waved effectively, visually it would look great. the reason i aim this at the southstand is because i know now nicks in that stand with the barmy army they will start most songs and therefore have the ability to control how fast or how slow to sing, and what arm movements to make and how fast they make them.

Also on a different note, to the song list you should add 'just cant get enough' 'we are sailing' and the 'torres derby song' and finally, what songs are actually going up on the 5000 song sheets?... Many thanks SDR ....

Hi matey,

You have hit the nail on the head for exactly what the song sheets are about!

Slowing songs down is going to be our biggest challenge but am sure will all agree what is needed.

I was planning on adding such things as that like arm movements, scarfs etc...

Basically the songs you have mentioned plus others that are not fully known by everyone.

Also we will just see how things go, we probably wont need to start all the songs off but guess what we will try and do is continue a noise level when things are quite and try and encourage others to have this mentality!

Although we are in the South Stand, as a corner and behind the goal we will try and do things together!

Hope that answers your question mate?

Nick

great stuff Nick - you are doing a first-class job ...

I know slightly 'out-of-context., and it's probably already been sung (not been to any pre-season games, yet), but "Where's your Mama gone" by Middle of the Road, lends itself very nicely to a song for Lee Croft ...

Where's your Tummy gone

- he has obviously worked flippin' hard over the summer to lose it.

Seem to recall singin' "Where's your girlfriend gone" to Gazza at White Hart Lane in 1990 to the same tune

Then there's 'where's your bottle gone' aimed at........hmmm, guess who?

Or 'where's your Savage gone' at our Nige.

:) Only Joking fellas.

Honestly :o

I was just being sarcastic Alpha, more of a pop at how easy his song is.. don't think we'll change it and can see it being the most sung chant of the season, after he bangs in 35+ goals of course :eek:

Ah,

er,

Yeah, i, er, was just playing along.

I was.

I know I'm now really old, but have I missed something? I thought you were in North Stand? Apologies if I've completely missed this.

I'm going to get one of those new Stannah stairlifts - they're so fast they get you upstairs before you forget what you were going for! :D

I know I'm now really old, but have I missed something? I thought you were in North Stand? Apologies if I've completely missed this.

I'm going to get one of those new Stannah stairlifts - they're so fast they get you upstairs before you forget what you were going for! :D

They just made the switch this summer. Their first game will be Villa.

You remember you owe me a tenner, right? Please say your memory isn't THAT bad? :p

They just made the switch this summer. Their first game will be Villa.

You remember you owe me a tenner, right? Please say your memory isn't THAT bad? :p

No, you owe me the tenner - I definitely wrote it down. Now, where's that bit of paper...................

So, hows this going? Are there actually any genuinely new songs on the sheets or the usual copied rubbish we sing? Is Living On A Prayer on?

Yeah going good mate and all being well they will be ready for Birmingham game.

And just for you I have put Living on a Prayer! :p

Archived