Song Sheets for SE Corner

therams69

Hi all,

If you read these forums you will know by now that many of us have moved to the South Stand Block B and surrounding areas to try and join in and together get PPS rocking like it should be, week in week out.

During the close season many mentioned that song sheets should be given out so everyone knows the words. I have a supplier who can print me off 5000 ready for the Birmingham game.

Good idea or not?

I know many of us know the songs but lets remember that others dont, see it from their point of view, would it be useful and would it be beneficial?

Also was planning to mention that we need to slow the songs down, far too many times we sing quick quick and ruin the song! More bouncing and creativity in my opinion is also needed.

Please lets not have a debate about copying songs on here, I am only going to print the songs we sung towards end of the last season that there may be some confusion to, not songs like We are Derby etc........

Songs I can think off top of my head, please feel free to add.

Dale Cavese

Three Little Birds

Living on a Prayer (please supply the Derby version if you know it!)

Fire away chaps and gals..... Obviously duplicated on all forums to ensure maximum exposure!

Nick

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's worth doing for a few games to get songs started, obviously not for every single person so we look like a choir but a few scattered round so different groups can see would be helpful for people.

Although how do you put Dale Cavese on a song sheet?

And when Livin On A Prayer is started and sung by 3000 in the corner it will be the dogs b*llocks.

Agree EKR! Ideally I am looking for a fan of each block in the corner to co-ordinate with so we can bounce off each other, i.e. listen out to whats being started somewhere and carry it on... May seem basic but organisation is whats it all about these days...

Yes Jamie Ward song will be on, I need full words though for this please? I have sung it but cant remember it all and what words we changed...

I also think not to try and start too many new songs at one time, although with song sheets it may be more doable. But say you done one song every 2-3 weeks and got it fully implemented before moving onto another i think that would work better.

Well to my knowledge no new songs have been started since about March 2011 top of my head!

New songs created after this time will just have to be remembered! This is just a starting block!

Great idea but i cant imagine 5000 burberry wearing men, pi$$ed out of their head and desperate for a punch up singing from a sheet of paper like a primary school kid. I reckon most of them will end up on the pitch as a paper aeroplane (unless u get them laminated!) I am not criticising you at all, as you are trying your best to make PPS a better place and it is a good idea, but i cant see it being a great success tbh, but there is no harm in trying! :)

Great idea but i cant imagine 5000 burberry wearing men, pi$$ed out of their head and desperate for a punch up singing from a sheet of paper like a primary school kid. I reckon most of them will end up on the pitch as a paper aeroplane (unless u get them laminated!) I am not criticising you at all, as you are trying your best to make PPS a better place and it is a good idea, but i cant see it being a great success tbh, but there is no harm in trying! :)

Do Casuals still wear Burberry? Thought it went out with the diamond Pringle jumpers.

On the back of the song sheets, their should be a different part of a photo of Nathan Tyson.

So when the players run out, we turn the hymn sheets round, so the players see this. (imagine it's in the S.E corner)

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/derbycounty/images/1731

Of course i jest. I hate him.

I know you're jesting, but that's a quality idea!

great stuff Nick - you are doing a first-class job ...

I know slightly 'out-of-context., and it's probably already been sung (not been to any pre-season games, yet), but "Where's your Mama gone" by Middle of the Road, lends itself very nicely to a song for Lee Croft ...

Where's your Tummy gone

- he has obviously worked flippin' hard over the summer to lose it.

Seem to recall singin' "Where's your girlfriend gone" to Gazza at White Hart Lane in 1990 to the same tune

Archived