Help, I've got a racist wife.

Boycie

It's the annual last day of school before the 6 weeks fancy dress thing.

Well, she's bought a Michael Jackson "thriller" costume, the red jacket one, and, wait for it,.......brown face paint!

Can you black kids up nowdays? will it offend? I'm gobsmacked, but she don't see a problem with it?

HELP!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ofcourse in a sensible world you could say it was fine. What? So black people aren't brown skinned? Why is it offensive to illustrate that or whatever? Are black people ashamed of their skin tone?? So then it shouldn't be offensive should it?

But the world is full of ****** who want to do the right thing, say the right thing and so on.

If you let your kid wear the face paint i reckon you might be inviting trouble from some ****** somewhere. Probably white ******, who if i was black, would be more offended that THEY think i'd be offended. Is there something wrong with being black. Is it one of those things we pretend isn't there?

Don't know why i replied to this thread. I work myself right up! Nothing makes my blood boil like ' do gooders' who are as thick and ignorant as fook.

Seems like their saying "Don't wear face paint. Being black isn't something to be open about, we ignore that bit of Michael Jackson. Lets pretend he was white (to begin with :D)"

Now who looks racist? Thick cnuts. Politcal correctness my ar5e.

If you was making a film on paralympics, would you stop the lead actor from using wheel chair. So as not to offend those in wheel chairs? Nope.

Makes me angry and mardy this sort of stuff does.

Sorry Boycie, back to your thread.

DO IT! (any complaints ask them why it's wrong to portray a legendary pop star as a black kid. Is it something to be ashamed of? That'll shut 'em up. Or get you arrested. One or the other.) :D

My friend recently went out dressed out as Barack Obama, with brown face paint. Several people liked his costume and several thought it was racist. The people who liked it were black and the people who thought it was racist were white. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

well, I'm not going to be there in the play ground, I'll advise her that it could upset.

I mean the "Black and White Minstrel Show" was banned for a reason wasn't it.

Oh, I don't want this to turn into a real racist thread, but it's a real question.

The teachers will faint when they see him. They're well PC at his school.

I'm wearing the wig in my avatar.

No, I'm not blacked up, before you ask.

My friend recently went out dressed out as Barack Obama, with brown face paint. Several people liked his costume and several thought it was racist. The people who liked it were black and the people who thought it was racist were white. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Think that hits it on the head.

It's because they're thick.

Like i said, if i was black, i'd want to know why it could be offensive. And i'd ask these pc ******. Is there summat wrong with portraying someone as black?

Idiots. probably the sort of people that can read stories in the paper how people aren't allowed to wear St George ties at work incase it offends Muslims. And think nothing of it LOL!! WHY would it offend them? Are they enemies of England?

Thick, thick, thick and thick. (sorry if these people are your friends. :) )

It's only racist if it's nasty. If you're doing it to take the p1ss out of black people, it's racist, but I don't see what's racist about putting on brown paint. Having brown skin is not a bad thing, so why would it be bad to do it?

It's because they're thick.

Like i said, if i was black, i'd want to know why it could be offensive. And i'd ask these pc ******. Is there summat wrong with portraying someone as black?

Idiots. probably the sort of people that can read stories in the paper how people aren't allowed to wear St George ties at work incase it offends Muslims. And think nothing of it LOL!! WHY would it offend them? Are they enemies of England?

Thick, thick, thick and thick. (sorry if these people are your friends. :) )

Problem is Alpha, nearly all those stories are made up.

Totally off topic but Boycie is that really you in pic?? the wig must help........makes you look quite youthfull ;)

Don't know what i would do about the face paint, i wouldn't be offended if if a black person used white face paint just adds to the character you're being but then not much offends me really. could you ask the teaching staff what they think before hand

I mean the "Black and White Minstrel Show" was banned for a reason wasn't it.

From Wiki, the unchallenged fact centre of the universe:

The show's premise began to be seen as offensive on account of its portrayal of blacked-up characters behaving in a stereotypical manner.

Let him wear it. Although it will be closer to the truth to send him in not blacked up. Of course, that's a medical condition that made his skin white, so to make fun of it would be racist.

Would you wear a turban if you were to try and imitate Alexander Pope?

Would this be seen as racist?

Like Alpha has said, are people from the middle east, south western asia or north africa ashamed to wear them?

No, so why would it be incorrect to use them?

If any fools wish to complain, ask them if they've seen the movie White Chicks

Archived