are you getting excited for the new season

Leeds Ram

I have to admit i am getting excited about the new season, not because of the signings or the new team but just because the season starts soon, it seems like no time at all since the last season finished but i can't wait for the new season, just wondering if anyone else felt like this, excited just because the new season isn't far away.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait - I hate summers without football - fooking boring.

Excited for the new season to start, but also to see how the new players do - the likes of Maguire and Bryson who we don't know a great deal about.

I'm useless without footie.

Cricket, tennis, driving fast cars, golf, gay rugby, its all meaningless, unimportant, no one really gives a fook, do they?

Put skiing, bobsleigh, downhill, uphill, synchronized swimming, and athletics all together and it will never add up to the excitement of Doveridge FC v The Station (Hatton) in a pre-season friendly.

Football is where its at. Full stop. End of.

If yer all goin to Burton clap yer hands............

I have to admit i am getting excited about the new season, not because of the signings or the new team but just because the season starts soon, it seems like no time at all since the last season finished but i can't wait for the new season, just wondering if anyone else felt like this, excited just because the new season isn't far away.

I'm as excited for this season as I was excited for last season, if i wasn't excited about it anymore I'd quit being a football fan and do something more exciting.

But it's still exciting, and that's what it's all about. The excitement. It's exciting.

TBH, I'm glad we're not florist.

TBF, I wanna have hair like a sheep.

Knee deep in the sheet

boom or gloom, we keep.

Praise the lord, hallelujah.

Cricket, tennis, driving fast cars, golf, gay rugby, its all meaningless, unimportant, no one really gives a fook, do they?

Put skiing, bobsleigh, downhill, uphill, synchronized swimming, and athletics all together and it will never add up to the excitement of Doveridge FC v The Station (Hatton) in a pre-season friendly.

Sport I follow after football is rugby union. Given a choice of watching the rugby or a Stoke match, I'd hesitate before opting for the rugby! :D

Would you say you were looking forward to the new season? Sure there was already a thread for that.

Strangely enough, clap clap clap clap (I know I'm gonna regret it the minute I get off the train)

not sure if there was or not, but now i am, not about the players we have signed just the fact that everything is starting up again and i can soon watch my team again.

You're not excited about the players but you're excited about the new season, right? Forgive me if I'm wrong, you don't always make yourself clear.

Just coming into 60th season supporting the rams , (although I've never been able to have a season ticket, so not a real supporter!!), and I can't believe how the excitement builds as we get to the start of the new season!

Just coming into 60th season supporting the rams , (although I've never been able to have a season ticket, so not a real supporter!!), and I can't believe how the excitement builds as we get to the start of the new season!

Incredible mate....60 yrs? Now that is quality support...you seen em all come and go then?Whats the best ever match you attended?

It's an interesting argument isn't it? What defines a REAL supporter?

I have been a Rams fan for 32 years so missed the glory days, didn't jump on the Liverpool and Forest bandwagons, yet I have never been to Pride Park and have not been to a live game since the 80's. I only lived in Derbyshire for less than two years and have not lived in England for over 20. I have followed our boys avidly through thick and thin, check this forum every day, and never deny my fanship when confronted to identify which team I support. Either I am nuts or I'm a REAL Fan.

Nuts, right? :rolleyes:

Oh, and I am totally stoked about the new season.

well you are nuts but a real fan as well ;) I started going as a little kid the season we got relegated from the prem in 01/02, this is my 10th season (happy to reach my first decade of support) and had a season ticket since then, all my family had one when i pestered them to take me, my dad stopped last season but is coming back now as he misses it. I have supported them through thick and thin, kept going and protesting against bad forces e.g. the 3 amigo's. I have savored the good times (of which for me have been few), and kept going through the bad ( of which there has been many). That is a real fan, someone who keeps supporting the club whatever the situation.

Archived