Let's Talk Leicester City

Day

lol, I like the rivalry between fester and florist equally. Always been good match atmospheres.

Did we rename our stadium? I don't think we spent the way you are, and I don't think we handed out monstrous wages as you are. We didn't have a manager on a ridiculous wage demanding money to spend just to work there.

Keep looking for a rival.

But you said earlier that we were. I am confused now. Are we rivals or not?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just thought I would post on here to clarify a few things.

Firstly why have a 6 page thread for a club you do not care about?

Secondly spending your way out of the division is not a new thing to do. Lionel Pickering tried to do this for you in the mid 90's and failed miserably. I can still picture Paul Williams managing to get his head out of the way of the ball on the goal line at wembley. How we laughed and rejoyced at the same time.

The Thais are a consortium of investors, willing to put there money in to help Leicester become a successful, Top Prem team, which in turn will help promoting the club in Asian markets as well as promoting their companies including the main investors King Power. The Americans who took over you lot have not been as forthcoming.

You may average more than us but we unlike you, we do not give our tickets away which is why our turnover is larger than yours. I can not be bothered to look it up but your American advisors said this in Jan when they would not release money for signings.

I see Derby as a local rival but perhaps it would be better if we did look elsewhere in future. No point in having a rivalry with teams who will soon be in a different division to us. Perhaps we will have to start a rivalry with Villa and stoke who will be the nearest teams to us when we are back in the Prem.

Ok then.....if you think it might be better looking elsewhere for a rival,then let us all know the outcome on here,its really really really important.

Really really really hope things work out and match your optimism...good luck with all laughing and rejooyyyccccing svennnniss.

Ok then.....if you think it might be better looking elsewhere for a rival,then let us all know the outcome on here,its really really really important.

Really really really hope things work out and match your optimism...good luck with all laughing and rejooyyyccccing svennnniss.

Thank you. I really appreciate those kind words and really believe the sentiments that go with them. I will keep you updated if you like. ;)

You're just a little tease you are. :)

I feel a bit sick now.

I like the rivalry though, even if we aren't rivals it's a fun match day rivalry.

Then Leicester disappear into the fog and turn up again some months down the line, and it's those strange looking people poking their heads up from the hole they've been hiding in. "Lookit me, lookit me" they say, and we boo them.

Nobody likes it when people are lonely. It's only right to be charitable.

Secondly spending your way out of the division is not a new thing to do. Lionel Pickering tried to do this for you in the mid 90's and failed miserably.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/rams/images/promotion_96_270

1996 - promoted

Leicester - p1sspot club that have never, and will never win anything of any significance. That's why when anyone talks about East Midlands football, they're talking about Derby or Forest.

When did Derby last win anything?

And who are THEY?

Ah, but when have Leicester EVER won anything?

Note: we're talking major trophies here, not micky mouse reserve league cups. ;)

THEY - are those that seriously talk about the major footballing powers in the East Midlands.

Derby & Forest - 2 European Cups, 3 League titles, 3 FA Cups between us

Leicester - ..........

Ah, but when have Leicester EVER won anything?

Note: we're talking major trophies here, not micky mouse reserve league cups. ;)

THEY - are those that seriously talk about the major footballing powers in the East Midlands.

Derby & Forest - 2 European Cups, 3 League titles, 3 FA Cups between us

Leicester - ..........

Yes but when was the last time Derby won anything?

Thank you. I really appreciate those kind words and really believe the sentiments that go with them. I will keep you updated if you like. ;)

Will be avid in wait...In all seriousness though i am slightly envious of your clubs splash cash...and as you said under Lionel we took advantage...the downside to that is every team you play this season will put more in to beat you...so it brings mass pressure every game.

I think if you hit the ground running you'll be up there(havent seen your opening games) but on the flipside a slow start will create added frustration.

Technically Derby (under lionels money)that season were a great side on paper....pressure took its toll and you've gotta accept that as a possibility.

From experience,Im happy with Derbys slower progression toward the prem,..without added big money pressure...as regards rivalry,i reserve most of my loathing for the scum down the a52. ...so i suppose i dont see leicester as a main rival...anyhow,the futures bright,its black n white....;)

I have nothing but indifference toward Leicester, far as I'm convened I'd much rather us beat Leeds, Cardiff and Derby ( obviously). It will go tits up for them just like Notts Clounty. Who were by the way very keen to tell us Forest fans how try were going to make the premier league with all the foreign investment

Yes but when was the last time Derby won anything?

No, why don't you answer his question duck?

Lookey here. We're talking about your club because your the Championships big spenders and probably strong favourites to win the League. Plus anything less than the Play-Offs will be under-acheiving.

That's a pretty strong position. That's why we're talking about you love.

Would be the same if it was your rivals Coventry. There was a thread on them once. And Pompey. And Plymouth. They were all topics for a short while

See?

There you go sweetness. All sorted.

xx<3

You'd love someone to care, wouldn't you?

Bye,bye. Mwah.

Similar conversations probably take place in the West Midlands about who's the biggest powerhouse, Villa, Brum, WBA, Wolves or Stoke, and then some c0ck from Burslem starts cracking on about Port Vale. That's how I see Leicester. Irrelevant.

Pride Park is full, The King Prawn is full when both sides meet. Doesn't happen when we play Barnsley, Coventry, Doncaster...

To say there is no rivalry would be silly and to class Leeds as bigger rivals would be silly considering they don't give a toss about us.

We all want to beat Leicester and it does hurt when we lose to them, its like stubbing your toe on the bed, the pain soon goes away and you've forgot about ever doing to until someone mentions stubbing toes.

Losing to Forest on the other hand is like breaking every bone in your leg, takes a while to recover from that.

Archived