Let's Talk Leicester City

Day

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leicester City are on the brink of a double transfer swoop with Newcastle winger Wayne Routledge and Liverpool full-back Paul Konchesky the clear targets.

The Mercury understands that City are in talks with Routledge and that he could become the latest arrival at the King Power Stadium within the next 48 hours.

However, reports that Newcastle have already accepted a £1.5million bid from City for the 26-year-old are premature.

The former England Under-21 international has been attracting interest from a host of clubs, and the Mercury understands there are offers on the table from QPR, where he spent the second half of last season on loan, as well as Nottingham Forest, Cardiff and Swansea.

But Routledge is understood to favour a move to City having been impressed by manager Sven-Goran Eriksson's summer spending revolution.

Konchesky is the other player reported to be moving closer to signing for Eriksson, who has been heavily backed by the club's Thai owners to the tune of six new recruits already.

Again, there have been reports that 30-year-old Konchesky has agreed a £1.5m deal – so far unconfirmed – but the full-back is desperate for a move away from Anfield where he has been left in the cold since Kenny Dalglish took charge in January.

Konchesky is known to Eriksson, who gave him his two international caps when he was England manager, and it is understood he would be prepared to take a significant cut in his reported £40,000-a-week wages.

Eriksson is still looking to bolster his defence by attempting to bring back both Miguel Vitor and Ben Mee to the club after their loan spells last season.

South Africa defender Tsepo Masilela is also with the City touring party in Sweden, where he has been undergoing a medical ahead of a proposed loan move from Maccabi Haifa.

Meanwhile, City's interest in Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard may have cooled after a source at the West Country club indicated there had been no fresh bids over the weekend.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Leicester-City-target-Wayne-Routledge-Paul/story-12928533-detail/story.html

Must be a tough choice for him - Leicester who're spending millions, or Forest who're pinning their hopes on some magic beans and a couple of buttons.....

With a director that refuses to offer any wages players ask for.

When do Leicester go bust then? When they don't win the FA Cup or reach Europe?

Is Sven the right man to be throwing all this money around?

I have no doubt you'll be promoted this season, but what happens in the prem? You'll have some overpaid bench warmers no doubt, and Sven basically relies on spending millions to get there.

Are the Thia just funding all this themselves, or are they loaning it to the club?

Is it a bit like Nottingham Forest but on a much grander scale?

When do Leicester go bust then? When they don't win the FA Cup or reach Europe?

Is Sven the right man to be throwing all this money around?

I have no doubt you'll be promoted this season, but what happens in the prem? You'll have some overpaid bench warmers no doubt, and Sven basically relies on spending millions to get there.

Are the Thia just funding all this themselves, or are they loaning it to the club?

Is it a bit like Nottingham Forest but on a much grander scale?

Thai`s cash.. They`re chucking it around too, what with the Real Madrid friendly and signings... After our home FA cup tie with Man City,Sven asked for the pitch to be resurfaced... They said ok "no probs" cost £100,000...

Trust me, im worried... Just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride ;)

Thai`s cash.. They`re chucking it around too, what with the Real Madrid friendly and signings... After our home FA cup tie with Man City,Sven asked for the pitch to be resurfaced... They said ok "no probs" cost £100,000...

Thats all you can do.

It'd be nice to think that if Derby began to spend outlandish fees on big players on big wages that the fans would speak against it and show a mature concerned outlook for the future of the club.

But we'd be too busy enjoying it to do anything. We'd be concerned probably just like a lot of Leicester fans. But can you imagine starting a protest for showing too much ambition?

nah, you just sit and hope that your owners are different to some others and you don't get tossed aside like a toy.

In a way, i'm glad we're not spend, spend, spend. Atleast we shouldn't have any big problems down the line. We wont vanish and all have to support Burton or Alfreton etc.

But the ride you could be about to go on will be very exciting for you. And who knows where you could be in 10 years.

Hope it's worth it!

Just thought I would post on here to clarify a few things.

Firstly why have a 6 page thread for a club you do not care about?

Secondly spending your way out of the division is not a new thing to do. Lionel Pickering tried to do this for you in the mid 90's and failed miserably. I can still picture Paul Williams managing to get his head out of the way of the ball on the goal line at wembley. How we laughed and rejoyced at the same time.

The Thais are a consortium of investors, willing to put there money in to help Leicester become a successful, Top Prem team, which in turn will help promoting the club in Asian markets as well as promoting their companies including the main investors King Power. The Americans who took over you lot have not been as forthcoming.

You may average more than us but we unlike you, we do not give our tickets away which is why our turnover is larger than yours. I can not be bothered to look it up but your American advisors said this in Jan when they would not release money for signings.

I see Derby as a local rival but perhaps it would be better if we did look elsewhere in future. No point in having a rivalry with teams who will soon be in a different division to us. Perhaps we will have to start a rivalry with Villa and stoke who will be the nearest teams to us when we are back in the Prem.

Yep we all watch the games for free :D , think you'll find there is a thread on every forum about your club atm. Spending ridiculously and not surprised your turnover is more with the amount of sponsorship deals you are handing out.

Seem to remember Derby did get in to the prem and had consecutive top 10 finishes, so i wouldn't say we failed. Good luck for the season, everyone is praying you fail. Hopefully Sven will send you out of business, he came close with County.

Yep we all watch the games for free :D , think you'll find there is a thread on every forum about your club atm. Spending ridiculously and not surprised your turnover is more with the amount of sponsorship deals you are handing out.

Seem to remember Derby did get in to the prem and had consecutive top 10 finishes, so i wouldn't say we failed. Good luck for the season, everyone is praying you fail. Hopefully Sven will send you out of business, he came close with County.

Why would you want us to fail if you do not care? :p

Just thought I would post on here to clarify a few things.

Firstly why have a 6 page thread for a club you do not care about?

Secondly spending your way out of the division is not a new thing to do. Lionel Pickering tried to do this for you in the mid 90's and failed miserably. I can still picture Paul Williams managing to get his head out of the way of the ball on the goal line at wembley. How we laughed and rejoyced at the same time.

The Thais are a consortium of investors, willing to put there money in to help Leicester become a successful, Top Prem team, which in turn will help promoting the club in Asian markets as well as promoting their companies including the main investors King Power. The Americans who took over you lot have not been as forthcoming.

You may average more than us but we unlike you, we do not give our tickets away which is why our turnover is larger than yours. I can not be bothered to look it up but your American advisors said this in Jan when they would not release money for signings.

I see Derby as a local rival but perhaps it would be better if we did look elsewhere in future. No point in having a rivalry with teams who will soon be in a different division to us. Perhaps we will have to start a rivalry with Villa and stoke who will be the nearest teams to us when we are back in the Prem.

Did we rename our stadium? I don't think we spent the way you are, and I don't think we handed out monstrous wages as you are. We didn't have a manager on a ridiculous wage demanding money to spend just to work there.

Keep looking for a rival.

Archived