Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Completely agree about the transfer budget issue. I think Mclaren was promised about 4-5million to spend. I'm confused with the board especially with that prat Arthur. He says in one interview he wants premier league this season. Now he's saying its a long term project, similar comments to Glick.

I think they have realised that the chances of going up are slim and are now backpedling to say it's a long term plan.

Spookily similar thing happened with us January 09. It led to a very frustrating time as fans with the clubs budget being cut. But we had a much bigger squad at the start of it than the gumps have now - with players capable of the odd decent performance.

It will be interesting watching them cutting costs with their already small squad. If I were a Forest fan I would be praying that there are a lot of kids in their youth teams that are good enough.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another warning for any clubs thinking of recruiting Davies. Give him a year or so and a small budget and he'll do great. Then he'll start kicking off wanting more money to spend or else he'll leave. Sack him at this point and get a manager in who can spend money. If not you'll be left with loads of overpaid rubbish players.

Imagine what might have been if he had left after the playoff final win!

Can't see SMcC achieving what BD did at Forest.

BD squeezes every ounce out of his squad, using whatever tactics he has to.

It went mammaries up here after the play-off win but i think PG was heavily involved in those pre-season transfers. But we were always going to struggle badly.

he is staying, crack open the bubbly lads.

Steve McClaren lead the fight,

Help us relegate the *****,

So Steve McClaren here is to you,

You must be Derby through and through..

Steve McClarens a football genius!!

:D

It feels like someone has walked over Darryl Powells grave with that song.

Hold on. he's not dead....!!!!!

As you were........excellent work:D

I think they have realised that the chances of going up are slim and are now backpedling to say it's a long term plan.

Spookily similar thing happened with us January 09. It led to a very frustrating time as fans with the clubs budget being cut. But we had a much bigger squad at the start of it than the gumps have now - with players capable of the odd decent performance.

It will be interesting watching them cutting costs with their already small squad. If I were a Forest fan I would be praying that there are a lot of kids in their youth teams that are good enough.

To be fair our youth team is pretty good, Watson and Lascelles are excellent at CB and many of us have been calling for them to be included in the first team squad.

Well as i predicted, all that fuss was for nothing. Although all it has served to do was to make the club look very stupid. I honestly don't know what Steve was thinking, it couldn't have been a simple rumour as all the news networks were saying the same thing?

To be fair our youth team is pretty good, Watson and Lascelles are excellent at CB and many of us have been calling for them to be included in the first team squad.

Well as i predicted, all that fuss was for nothing. Although all it has served to do was to make the club look very stupid. I honestly don't know what Steve was thinking, it couldn't have been a simple rumour as all the news networks were saying the same thing?

You'll need more than 2 youth players to come though.

Steves probably been promised serious action in the loan market, when does that window shut?

Fair enough, I'd forgotten they'd finished last season so strongly.

On Forest, am I alone in thinking that McLaren's behaving a bit petulantly here? Reports say he's unhappy because he's only spent £2 million since taking over. Well that's more than us and more than a lot of other managers in this division.

If he was guaranteed £10 million or something when he signed then fair enough, I can see why's he's annoyed, but frankly in this league it's as much about the ability to motivate the players you have as it is the money you've got.

The loan market opens shorlty and there's another window in Jan, so to consider walking out so soon smacks, to me anyway, of throwing your toys out of the pram (something Forest fans are well used to, admittedly)

Good post mate

You'll need more than 2 youth players to come though.

Steves probably been promised serious action in the loan market, when does that window shut?

Im not sure, i can't see anyone else coming in. The worst part about the squad is not that it is small, but so unbalanced. We have **** loads of central midfielders and strikers (<-- not many good ones) but virtually no wingers or defensive back up. Why McClaren bought Boateng and Greening when we already have Maj, Mcgugan and Cohen is beyond me.

Laugh it up Derby, i know i would find this hilarious if the roles were reversed!

Im not sure, i can't see anyone else coming in. The worst part about the squad is not that it is small, but so unbalanced. We have **** loads of central midfielders and strikers (<-- not many good ones) but virtually no wingers or defensive back up. Why McClaren bought Boateng and Greening when we already have Maj, Mcgugan and Cohen is beyond me.

Laugh it up Derby, i know i would find this hilarious if the roles were reversed!

You've just had 2 years worth of laughter.

Reckon we're both in for pretty average seasons. For us that's good. It's progress. For you it's not so good.

But midtable is midtable no matter how you dress it up. And i think a lot of people expect both our teams to finish there. More Forest fans might give up the promotion dream now they're seeing what happens when you don't have Billy Davies to manage average players.

You start to see players go from 8/10's to 6/10's. And those players that scraped along with 6/10 performances can look awful.

That's Billy. A whinging, self important good manager. :D

Anyone read this months issue of FourFourTwo? Very good article reflecting on the Nottingham Derby and its friendly nature, reflects extremely well on the city. My favourite quote is,

'Nottingham football, strange fish that it is, is a little slice of utopia'.

Anyone read this months issue of FourFourTwo? Very good article reflecting on the Nottingham Derby and its friendly nature, reflects extremely well on the city. My favourite quote is,

'Nottingham football, strange fish that it is, is a little slice of utopia'.

us and you or you and notts county?

wonder how friendly forest would be if notts were above them in the leagues?

Probably not so much, it did say one of the reasons for the lack of hatred was the fact that we havent really been in the same league for ages. But still a very good article, i would certainly support County if Forest werent around and am always chuffed when they do well.

Martin Kelner writing in today's Guardian says Swindon Town are not a sleeping giant, unlike Sheffield Wednesday or Nottingham Forest. Just how wrong can some journalists be?!!!

Ridiculous post. Are you suggesting Swindon town are a club of the same stature as Nottingham Forest or Sheffield Wednesday?

Archived