Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Maybe they just couldn't attract the players....Big Sam has. Tells you everything really. Good coach/assistant manager, but **** manager. Apart from the title in Holland he's been average at best. And that title was won by spending loads of money, and i believe they finished 3rd or 4th the season before he arrived. Not really the monumental achievment Forest fans claim.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McClaren is the completely wrong person for the job, he has spunked 2+million on rubbish and managed to make up the wages of 10 players on these 5 toss players. I can see a very long hard season for Forest, and McClaren is not the right person for the job, no way.. no how.

The best bloke for the job in their situation, they got rid of.

It's a club of complete incompetence.

Unbelievable turn of events to see that forest fans don't like Doughty anymore.

Not long ago it was: "our Nigel will never leave us, he's a Forest fan don't you know".

I hope he leaves Forest, leaving a big fat debt behind.

At least, it might not hurt as much this time when you go to league one as you've done it before.

The first team * to be relegated to the third division. TWICE.

* wHO HAVE WON THE EUROPEAN CUP

Maybe they just couldn't attract the players....Big Sam has. Tells you everything really. Good coach/assistant manager, but **** manager. Apart from the title in Holland he's been average at best. And that title was won by spending loads of money, and i believe they finished 3rd or 4th the season before he arrived. Not really the monumental achievment Forest fans claim.

Completely agree, Twente were by no means nobodies, and PSV weren't what they were a few years before. A good achievement but not spectacular.

Another warning for any clubs thinking of recruiting Davies. Give him a year or so and a small budget and he'll do great. Then he'll start kicking off wanting more money to spend or else he'll leave. Sack him at this point and get a manager in who can spend money. If not you'll be left with loads of overpaid rubbish players.

Imagine what might have been if he had left after the playoff final win!

Nottingham Forest boss Steve McClaren has reassured the one supporter he is staying at the club despite speculation surrounding his future.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14763523.stm

Not really worth reading, as all it says on the link is "more to follow".

I wouldn't bother clicking on it...not until they've finished translating the interview from Dutch anyway.

If you was a football manager. And you got a job at a club where the last manager was constantly complaining about funds, wouldn't you be a bit thick to go there expecting millions to spend?

Did Steve know anything about the job he was taking?

I feel a bit sorry for doughty, he's done an awful lot and given forest sufficient funds to make the premiership. Now he's SLIGHTLY slowed the cash injection a bit and he's getting hammered for it.

What's he supposed to do? Sell his house and throw his whole lively hood on the line and in mcclarens hands?

Glad Nigel doesnt bang on like this. And he actually has some right to!! Not like Steve who should of known what sort of job he was walking into.

Unless ofcourse he's found an easy excuse for if results don't pick up?

Fair enough, I'd forgotten they'd finished last season so strongly.

On Forest, am I alone in thinking that McLaren's behaving a bit petulantly here? Reports say he's unhappy because he's only spent £2 million since taking over. Well that's more than us and more than a lot of other managers in this division.

If he was guaranteed £10 million or something when he signed then fair enough, I can see why's he's annoyed, but frankly in this league it's as much about the ability to motivate the players you have as it is the money you've got.

The loan market opens shorlty and there's another window in Jan, so to consider walking out so soon smacks, to me anyway, of throwing your toys out of the pram (something Forest fans are well used to, admittedly)

Completely agree about the transfer budget issue. I think Mclaren was promised about 4-5million to spend. I'm confused with the board especially with that prat Arthur. He says in one interview he wants premier league this season. Now he's saying its a long term project, similar comments to Glick.

Archived