Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

FFP in the championship isnt going to be about wage cap relative to turnover, I posted a thread with a link to an interview with Glick talking about the subject.

It is going to be to run a break even policy and limiting the amount that owners can put in to cover losses - which still emans that Forest could be screwed as they rely on Doughty covering losses, and are paying more out on wages than they take in - never mind other costs.

Ah, well I'm guessing the 60% wagebill to turnover was probably done by figures generated which would be ideal, as i'm guessing even transfer costs..etc come under this? It could be a lot stricter than first thought, however I would guess Forest and Leicester, especially Leicester NEED promotion this year otherwise the brownstuff is going to hit the fan.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, well I'm guessing the 60% wagebill to turnover was probably done by figures generated which would be ideal, as i'm guessing even transfer costs..etc come under this? It could be a lot stricter than first thought, however I would guess Forest and Leicester, especially Leicester NEED promotion this year otherwise the brownstuff is going to hit the fan.

Not true. The owner can put in up to £13 million a year for the next three years...as long as it's investment and not a loan.

Leicester are fine.....the only rush is the ROI, i'd want it sooner than later aswell.

Not true. The owner can put in up to £13 million a year for the next three years...as long as it's investment and not a loan.

Leicester are fine.....the only rush is the ROI, i'd want it sooner than later aswell.

Who are you?

You smell familiar.

If you remember my meet with Tom last winter he did say then, if Forest don't go up Mr Doubtfire was in deep doo doo.

He went **** or bust on his already massive investment and lost.

Hope for his sake he does'nt have to pay out for Shteeve's coiffurist as well. Must be a full time role cultivating that quiff.

Holy schmokes this is a schock!! ;) Well to be honest if Mclaren didn't have the money to spend on players, which he has said about 20 times to the media in the last month, then they wouldn't get anywhere.

Kinda proving Billy Davies outbursts at the board weren't a load of poo.

Holy schmokes this is a schock!! ;) Well to be honest if Mclaren didn't have the money to spend on players, which he has said about 20 times to the media in the last month, then they wouldn't get anywhere.

Kinda proving Billy Davies outbursts at the board weren't a load of poo.

They've spent 2million and still operate at one of the highest wagebills in the league, I infact thought they brought it down but according to the Nottingham Evening Post, they haven't as the 5 players coming in = the 10 players going out in terms of wages, very poor form.

I don't know how they can have ago at their board, it just doesn't make sense, he has made a huge huge loss and working on one of the biggest budgets in the league and they still moan, poor old doughety canna get rid of mindless fans, and managers it would seem.

Nigel is 20/1, I like that, I like that a lot.

Full odds list:

(Victor Chandler)

■7/2 – Andy Thorn (Coventry)

■4/1 – Steve McClaren (Nottingham Forest)

■11/2 – Simon Grayson (Leeds United)

■6/1 – Keith Millen (Bristol City)

■8/1 – Sean O’Driscoll (Doncaster)

■8/1 – Nigel Pearson (Hull City)

■10/1 – Paul Jewell (Ipswich)

■10/1 – Eddie Howe (Burnley)

■12/1 – Sven Goran Eriksson (Leicester)

■14/1 – Keith Hill (Barnsley)

■14/1 – Ian Holloway (Blackpool)

■16/1 – Chris Hughton (Birmingha*m City)

■16/1 – Sam Allardyce (West Ham)

■20/1 – Steve Cotterill (Portsmouth)

■20/1 – Malky Mackay (Cardiff City)

■25/1 – Darren Ferguson (Peterborough)

■25/1 – Dougie Freedman (C.Palace)

■25/1 – Brian McDermott (Reading)

■25/1 – Nigel Clough (Derby)

■33/1 – Gus Poyet (Brighton & HA)

■33/1 – Nigel Adkins (Southampton)

■33/1 – Tony Mowbray (Middlesbrough)

■33/1 – Kenny Jackett (Millwall)

No real suprises in this list other than Ian Holloway who I would have thought was as secure as a manager could be.

Fair enough, I'd forgotten they'd finished last season so strongly.

On Forest, am I alone in thinking that McLaren's behaving a bit petulantly here? Reports say he's unhappy because he's only spent £2 million since taking over. Well that's more than us and more than a lot of other managers in this division.

If he was guaranteed £10 million or something when he signed then fair enough, I can see why's he's annoyed, but frankly in this league it's as much about the ability to motivate the players you have as it is the money you've got.

The loan market opens shorlty and there's another window in Jan, so to consider walking out so soon smacks, to me anyway, of throwing your toys out of the pram (something Forest fans are well used to, admittedly)

Archived