Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

true,depends on your job i suppose and if they are flexable.

Correct.

Or if your employer is not flexible and you have a family, do you really want to use up your holidays for 5 or 6 hour round trip to Ipswich on a cold and wet Tuesday night knowing that you have to be up for work early in the morning?

As you also pointed out in your previous post, it's not always about the match, drinking also makes up part of the experience for a lot of football fans and if you have to drive to matches that simply rules that part of your day out.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i do understand the family,cost,travel and work issues as they effect me now,plus im alot older.but this day and age less people are owning houses and having children so more often than not its the old ive "got to be up early for work".****** is what i say to that,as i was traveling with forest and getting up at 5 in the morning to do a 12hr shift on the motorway. and i dont want any gold stars thanks.it just annoys me.

Do you not think then that those people can't attend as they have kids to look after, kids that need to be in school in the morning, need to save money to get on the property ladder and give Santa some money to give them all presents?

Do you not think that with the recent recession, job losses and football costs rising people are being a bit cautious with money?

Like it or not Ipswich away is not a fixture Derby fans look for when the fixtures are released, Forest, Leicester, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Peterborough, Barnsley...look out for our away attendances at these games if it really bothers you that much.

Do you not think then that those people can't attend as they have kids to look after, kids that need to be in school in the morning, need to save money to get on the property ladder and give Santa some money to give them all presents?

Do you not think that with the recent recession, job losses and football costs rising people are being a bit cautious with money?

Like it or not Ipswich away is not a fixture Derby fans look for when the fixtures are released, Forest, Leicester, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Peterborough, Barnsley...look out for our away attendances at these games if it really bothers you that much.

im talking more about the single blokes,or the bloke whos got a girlfriend or married but got no children.

You don't have to justify it lads.

Our away support is quite poor.

It's all the proof I need to state the Nottingham Forest FC have far better support than Derby. They are immense. I'm surprised there are loads of them signed up to our forum trying to justify themselves to us

I'm chuffed that we've got Blackpool on a Saturday - never had them on a Saturday before (fingers crossed they don't change it).

Bet it made a nice change for Forest Fans to ride the big one, instead of givin it...

Alpha I agree entirely that our away support is poor what it used to be, but to use Ipswich away on a Tuesday night as a yardstick for saying that we should be worried is ridiculous.

What does away support really count for?

Does it really make a difference to the result? (Note we won with our 329 fans last night yet F****t only drew with the 20,000 that they probably took to Blackpool)

Does it put more money in your clubs coffers?

It is probably more an indication of the sad state of affairs that your club is in when it is the main argument you have to throw at your local rivals!

Can't belive we've wasted 2 whole pages to the same **** argument, started by a Red Dog, again...

I guess we'll just have to put up with it until they dick us twice in one season (once with ten men for 89 minutes) so they have the right to be smug instead of arguing the toss over the 200 odd more single, hooligan, scag heads they take to deepest darkest Norfolk...

Ipswich to Derby trains, yes and I'm shocked why so many didn't want to go to Ipswich on a Tuesday night. How are younger fans that don't drive able to make games like this? forget the stupid cost but getting back at 7.45am after a night stuck in a train station, fck that. The Football League are tossers.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2d94w1s

Have to agree with this, and it's an issue I am struggling to deal with myself with for every midweek game we have at home as I have moved due to work and getting back is a pain in the 'Arris. (I travel from Sussex). I have the choice of missing most of the second half to get a train that gets me back, or sitting on a cold platform for several hours during the wee small hours.

I remember going to Fulham for a midweek cup game and having the choice of staying for penalties and sleeping the night at St Pancras or missing the penalties...luckily for me Fulham scored in the last minute of extra time and a quick dash back to St Pancras got me there just in time!

200?

That's the difference between **** support and awesome support?!!

Wow. Harsh lines.

What you need to remember son is that you have already had your one big away game of the season. Not to mention a fairly local trip to Wolves with big potential for a good following there.

In comparison we've had Palace on a Tuesday and Peterboro (small ground).

And you still have less than us...shocking. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Archived