Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Genuinely asking this, been pointed out that you only took 329 to Ipswich last night, not the fist time your away following has been poor this season. After beating us I'd have thought that following would increase - is there any reason it remains so low? (eg, poor transport organization)

Yeah our support is crap away and silent for about 18 of 23 home games.

Let it go man. Every week one of you lot comes on about attendances and follow it up with "that's all Derby fans go on about".

Our support is so **** and insignificant that we're your rivals.

Explain that

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely asking this, been pointed out that you only took 329 to Ipswich last night, not the fist time your away following has been poor this season. After beating us I'd have thought that following would increase - is there any reason it remains so low? (eg, poor transport organization)

Why would the following increase after beating you?

I don't think our poor away following is purely based on results, more based on the fact that every single midweek away game we have tends to be between 100 and 200 miles away.

I'm sure the players understand that is a long journey to make when you have to be up for work the following morning and probably therefore accept that it is only going to be hardcore fans that make the trip.

I imagine players find it harder to accept when their club has had 2 good seasons, followed by 1 bad one, the board are spending millions, and their fans can't even be bothered to attend the home games.

Will your home support go up now you are in the top half?

What about your players at home?

28k to see the Derby then 18k the next week to see your promotion rivals Blackburn. I can understand why Forest fans wouldn't want to go to the City Ground it is a bit of a dump and I can understand why Derby fans don't go to Ipswich on a Tuesday night.

After last season's debacle I'm quite happy with this season's home attendances. Being realistic I know quite a few fans who didn't renew for several valid reasons after the various implosions last year. Our players recognize this and I don't think it's a cause for concern.

You're obviously of the same opinion with you're away fans so that's fair enough, I just feel that the sacking of a popular manager, followed by the appointment of 2 detested ones, the death of our owner and consequential potential disappearance of the club is a valid enough reason to see attendances drop to around 2/3rds of the possible allocation. If you feel that "a Tuesday night in Ipswich" is a valid enough reason to see your allocation drop to around 1/10 of what you were allocated then fair enough.

How is it crap, is this your first season following football, do you really need educating that much?

i used to travel away alot,and it made no difference to us who we played,as long as theres a couple of pubs it doesnt matter where you are.

After last season's debacle I'm quite happy with this season's home attendances. Being realistic I know quite a few fans who didn't renew for several valid reasons after the various implosions last year. Our players recognize this and I don't think it's a cause for concern.

You're obviously of the same opinion with you're away fans so that's fair enough, I just feel that the sacking of a popular manager, followed by the appointment of 2 detested ones, the death of our owner and consequential potential disappearance of the club is a valid enough reason to see attendances drop to around 2/3rds of the possible allocation. If you feel that "a Tuesday night in Ipswich" is a valid enough reason to see your allocation drop to around 1/10 of what you were allocated then fair enough. I think most neutrals would argue otherwise though.

I think most neutrals would understand to be honest, Ipswich away on a Tuesday night with a 4hr drive back, I take it you have never heard of things called family, employment or train schedules?

Also are you really bringing in the death of your chairman as a valid reason for poor home attendances? What did Portsmouth and Rangers do when they feared for the future of their club? Did they sit at home on a Saturday and hope it would go away or did they all turn up in numbers to show support for the club?

I'm sorry but you have no valid points at all here, not one.

I think most neutrals would understand to be honest, Ipswich away on a Tuesday night with a 4hr drive back, I take it you have never heard of things called family, employment or train schedules?

Also are you really bringing in the death of your chairman as a valid reason for poor home attendances? What did Portsmouth and Rangers do when they feared for the future of their club? Did they sit at home on a Saturday and hope it would go away or did they all turn up in numbers to show support for the club?

I'm sorry but you have no valid points at all here, not one.

Sorry Daveo, I just can't converse further with anyone who views the possible potential liquidation of a club as "not a valid point" when it comes to a decrease in attendances. It's obvious that such a person with that POV is just interested in winning his own, self-created argument instead of actually discussing the points to hand.

There's no need to be so defensive you know, sometimes it's good to discuss things, as far as I understand that's the point in forums? I'm off for some snap anyway so I'll leave you with it, if it's the norm for such low attendances and you accept it so readily then there's nothing to discuss anyway really I guess.

Sorry Daveo, I just can't converse further with anyone who views the possible potential liquidation of a club as "not a valid point" when it comes to a decrease in attendances. It's obvious that such a person with that POV is just interested in winning his own, self-created argument instead of actually discussing the points to hand.

There's no need to be so defensive you know, sometimes it's good to discuss things, as far as I understand that's the point in forums? I'm off for some snap anyway so I'll leave you with it.

Sorry I apologise, the potential liquidation of a club is a valid reason for fans to stay away and explore other hobbies on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm sure you have more totally valid points about our away attendance that could educate us all and I look forward to hearing them.

i do understand the family,cost,travel and work issues as they effect me now,plus im alot older.but this day and age less people are owning houses and having children so more often than not its the old ive "got to be up early for work".****** is what i say to that,as i was traveling with forest and getting up at 5 in the morning to do a 12hr shift on the motorway. and i dont want any gold stars thanks.it just annoys me.

There's no need to be so defensive you know, sometimes it's good to discuss things, as far as I understand that's the point in forums? I'm off for some snap anyway so I'll leave you with it.

What a load of sanctimonious twaddle.

Your team has been in the play offs 2 seasons out the last 3.

Your team is one of the richest clubs in the league and one of the favourites for promotion.

Yet you come on a Derby forum obsessed with OUR attendances?????

I suppose we should take it as a compliment.

You're obviously of the same opinion with you're away fans so that's fair enough, I just feel that the sacking of a popular manager, followed by the appointment of 2 detested ones, the death of our owner and consequential potential disappearance of the club is a valid enough reason to see attendances drop to around 2/3rds of the possible allocation. If you feel that "a Tuesday night in Ipswich" is a valid enough reason to see your allocation drop to around 1/10 of what you were allocated then fair enough.

Or another way of putting it.

After 2 seasons of losing play off semi finals and appointing a former England manager that you WERE happy with and then the death of the chairman who pumped money in leading to a rich Arab getting you players like Billy Sharp, a 2.5m striker, a midfielder you all know and love aswell as being linked with exciting players such as Hammill and you loan Jermaine Jenas and......

Do you know what, I'm bored. Proper bored. Either read my above posts or keep asking a stupid question to your head explodes. I'm not arsed.

Know this.

My tinpot club with awful support and non- league manager played 2 time European Champions with the single best midfielder playing in the best midfield with an expensive strike force, who all play the best football at the City Ground has seen in years for the best supporters....

I left the City Ground with a massive smug grin on my face again. Again.

(bet you read that bit didn't you?)

There's no need to be so defensive you know, sometimes it's good to discuss things, as far as I understand that's the point in forums? I'm off for some snap anyway so I'll leave you with it, if it's the norm for such low attendances and you accept it so readily then there's nothing to discuss anyway really I guess.

I would have thought potential liquidation would be more of a reason to get your hands in your pockets and offer more financial support to your club?

Archived