Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think its fair to say Derby have played a higher calibre of teams in Europe than snotts.

PS I don't agree Liverpool were champions of Europe & we knocked them out first round

Did Derby beat the Champions of Europe in the European cup ?

Don't think we ever played the Champions at the time - probably wouldn't have posed much of a challenge though, seeing as we destroyed the Eusebio-led mighty Benfica, and did Real Madrid 4-1.

There's no denying that winning the European Cup wasn't an achievement - just not as great an achievement as winning the league - that's why managers down the ages have prioritised the league over Europe.

As for the ancient-era European Cup being harder to win than the current Champions League - rubbish. Having to navigate your way past 1 Italian team, 1 Spanish team and 1 German team is infinitely easier than possibly having to navigate your way past 4 of them. Basic maths. :rolleyes:

Don't misunderstand me I'm not denying that you won the cup and we didn't but we did play and in most cases beat much more impressive sides.

As for beating the champions of their leagues, yes you did but me and my mates could beat many of Europe's so called league champions.

No one can take away your winnings though.

When did this happen.............. forest have been taken over by nigel wray?! The ever reliable mirror there; showing they know f*ck all.

In today's Sunday Mirror,

the exact quote is..........

“I hope it’s not going to be a problem. I came to Forest because I wanted certain things. They want promotion and that’s a challenge. My job is to produce and say ‘This is what I think will be needed’. I wanted to have control over that.

“I had a bad experience in Germany because I was not in control of signings. That is something we have to establish.

“They let nine players go last season and we need to fill the gaps. The fans, the club and everybody here is frustrated we haven’t replaced those players. So it’s key that I do that.”

A bit more polite than Davies but its still an attack on the Acquisitions panel. He's blaming his disaster in Germany on a similar situation. Nowt like getting yer excuses in early...........

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Nottingham-Forest-manager-Steve-McClaren-wants-more-control-over-signings-article770820.html#ixzz1SNDBKspa

Did Steve do any research before he took the job?

People say Nigel might be gone at Christmas depending on results.

Shhteve might not actually be able to have any result at this rate. He'll be on the dole before August!!

He doesn't like not being in full control of transfers. So he joins a club with a panel dedicated to over-seeing transfer activity. At a club that just sacked a manager for speaking out publicly against restrictions when buying players.

Come back to Derby as a coach Shhteve. Your giving me headache.

OMG I've missed the European History Lessons.

Derby have played a better level of teams in Europe LOL Flocking LOL

We beat the teams that had beaten the better level that Derby had played, and as red fever pointed out, we beat the European Champions, first round.

Now I don't mind your lot clinging to your beliefs in modern times, but you ain't better than the beautiful Reds and never will be, but trying to put a little of your green eyed monster powder on the Golden Years.

Muppet Show LOL

P.S. A WUM LOL Wonderful Uefa Memories? LOL

I find it funny they don't understand the contradiction in them having to tell everyone how superior they are. Every DCFC forum you go on at the moment they are slating and arguing more than ever before. If we were so insignificant surely you wouldn't need to bother? ;) The size and history of our club is enough to send them in to a frenzy. After the 00's they are more butthurt than ever :D

We beat the teams that had beaten the better level that Derby had played, and as red fever pointed out, we beat the European Champions, first round.

Now I don't mind your lot clinging to your beliefs in modern times, but you ain't better than the beautiful Reds and never will be, but trying to put a little of your green eyed monster powder on the Golden Years.

Muppet Show LOL

You're missing one little point here my friend.

You are on a DCFC forum telling us we're jealous.????

Muppet Show LOL

I think you need to read my earlier post matey. Both teams combined league positions divided by the amount of seasons they have competed in clear shows that throughout the history of league football Derby county are without a doubt the better side.

Yes you have had more European success than us bit in league football we are clearly a better side.

As for the teams played it is all opinion. Yes you beat sides that knocked out the 'big clubs ' but we all know that in a one off match anything is possible and the 'better side' doesn't necessarily win (think fa cup shocks, and don't be ignorant about it)

That's the problem with the cup format, you get teams who can fluke their way to wins, like Forest did.

The league's where it's really at, everyone knows that, that's why the league's always the top priority, both at home and abroad.

Forest fans can proclaim their apparent greatness as much as they want, but until you've won another league title you're always going to be living in our shadow. Understandably that irritates them, to the extent that they have to over compensate, but it doesn't really matter. We know it, they know it, they have nothing that betters two league titles. Not even 1 and a couple of micky mouse cups from their jolly boys outings in Europe. ;)

Im not too sure whether you guys are just trying to wind up the forest fans on here or are actually being serious?! Either way, in a choice between 2 european cups and 1 league title or 2 league titles and 0 european success, i know what i would have ;)

Either way, they are both great achievements by both clubs which unfortunately we may never get the chance to see again.

I'm just having some pre-season fun, and sticking to other football area, and the topic of thread says Lets Talk about our more successful neighbours.........that is what I see.

But a team that won the League and had the record of unbeaten games in the top tier, and won the European Cup Twice, and won a couple of League Cups along the way, only IMO opinion, is far better than a team that won the League twice on a mud bath of a pitch, as good as they were at it though.:D

I haven't been abused either, I have been made quite welcome here.

Let the season begin!:D

P.S. Staffs Ram BEHAVE you canna be serious

I'm just having some pre-season fun, and sticking to other football area, and the topic of thread says Lets Talk about our more successful neighbours.........that is what I see.

But a team that won the League and had the record of unbeaten games in the top tier, and won the European Cup Twice, and won a couple of League Cups along the way, only IMO opinion, is far better than a team that won the League twice on a mud bath of a pitch, as good as they were at it though.:D

I haven't been abused either, I have been made quite welcome here.

Let the season begin!:D

P.S. Staffs Ram BEHAVE you canna be serious

Your kinda like a stray dog that's smelly and wet. We can't stand being around you but we haven't got the heart to take you out into the yard.........

Archived