2011-12 Fixtures released

CumbrianRam

As for the first game of the season.. Brum at home is a decent tie, expect a good crowd..The game will be dull though, always is with them and their root one football. Southampton vs Leeds is my pick for the best first game .. Could be a highscoring thriller.

They haven't got a manager yet, you never know, they could hire Keegan and play gung-ho.

Wouldn't be amazed to see us playing against R2D2 on day one either.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This doesn't prove that it's difficult.. There isn't a single game in the NPC that we can't win.. Last year Swansea and QPR both failed to beat us proving that it doesn't matter what position you're in, you can beat who is put infront of you..

Theres no such thing as an easy game, and no such thing as a hard game.. We can have easily have Boro, Leeds, Brum, Blackpool and West Ham in one month and win all 5.. Then have P'Boro, Palace, Coventry and Brizzle and lose all 4.

There isn't a single fixture that frightens me.. I genuinely believe Derby can win every single game that the NPC has to offer.. We're not playing Real Madrid or Barcelona..

As for the first game of the season.. Brum at home is a decent tie, expect a good crowd..The game will be dull though, always is with them and their root one football. Southampton vs Leeds is my pick for the best first game .. Could be a highscoring thriller.

That's exactly my point! Almost every game its difficult to call...everyone can beat everyone else. That's what makes it a tough league...every game is winnable but theyre are no easy games

That's exactly my point! Almost every game its difficult to call...everyone can beat everyone else. That's what makes it a tough league...every game is winnable but theyre are no easy games

Sorry mate I thought you meant that there were certain games that are difficult and looked as if we'll be lucky to pick up certain points.. For example NorthernRam posted that he could see us bottom after our first set of games.. Where in reality theres every chance we could be top after out first set of games..

Also another point, you don't need to be a brilliant team to get promoted.. I also don't think you need to spend alot of money.. Having a never say die attitude and sticking as a team can outweigh ability in this league.. Us and Hull in the past, Brum on many occasions and Norwich last season proved you don't need to have a top team to win promotion..

I actually think this league is very poor in terms of ability.. It's exciting, but poor. Spending $5mill (the value of an average PL player) is enough to transform a team who finished in the bottom 6 to a team that can win promotion..

They haven't got a manager yet, you never know, they could hire Keegan and play gung-ho.

Wouldn't be amazed to see us playing against R2D2 on day one either.

They could, think Billy could end up being there..

Brum is such a vile club.. Ugly.. The stadium is horrible and always half empty, the fans are so fickle (they booed at 0-1 at HT in the league cup semi final, only to sing their praises 45 minutes later when they won 3-1).. The grass is non-existant, I've seen more grass in a desert than on their 'turf' and the nets are ugly.. They have a history of playing with 2 banks of 4 and stopping the opposition from playing.. They've played this way for the past 10 years.. Such a horrible dump of a club.

They talk funny too.

They could, think Billy could end up being there..

Brum is such a vile club.. Ugly.. The stadium is horrible and always half empty, the fans are so fickle (they booed at 0-1 at HT in the league cup semi final, only to sing their praises 45 minutes later when they won 3-1).. The grass is non-existant, I've seen more grass in a desert than on their 'turf' and the nets are ugly.. They have a history of playing with 2 banks of 4 and stopping the opposition from playing.. They've played this way for the past 10 years.. Such a horrible dump of a club.

They talk funny too.

I got spat on there aswell, add that to the list. That feckin wall that seperates the fans, they kept jumping up and gobbing. feckin pikeys. They had won aswell.

Agreed you dont need to spend big or be that good to get promoted, but they both help! Its elements of squad depth, togetherness and a little bit of quality that leads to the most successful teams.

I do love the competitiveness of the Championship though, over the entire season even if the qulity isnt quite there, its easily the most entertaining league for me.

I got spat on there aswell, add that to the list. That feckin wall that seperates the fans, they kept jumping up and gobbing. feckin pikeys. They had won aswell.

i hate birmingham as well, went away when we won promotion and it was just a dump, they were 2nd and couldn't fill the ground.

It is good to get Birmingham in the first match. They have a new manager and their squad has changed so they won´t be on top of their game right away.

...and they could well have the truly repellant Marlon King playing for them to add to the boo-ability. only went to Brum once in Jan 2009. Played them off the park and lost 1-0. Still, it was carsley who scored so was able to think wistfully of how things once were....

It is a grim place. And that local railway station near the ground you get the trains from is truly third world.

First game will be a great test of where we are quality wise.

I feared comments like this...

All the first game will show is who has had more time to gel over the summer. I really don't think you can make a real judgement of 'where we are quality wise' until 10-15 games in.

I feared comments like this...

All the first game will show is who has had more time to gel over the summer. I really don't think you can make a real judgement of 'where we are quality wise' until 10-15 games in.

You mean just because we are 10th in the table in alphabetical order, that this isn't already an improvement on last season?

I always get excited by the fixture list coming out, but it always turns out to be an anti-climax. Yet again, we play every team in the league twice apart from ourselves, home and away. No surprises, again.

Can't believe the fixture list thread always gets so many comments!

Spot the guy who can't make the first 3 home games :(

I think it just builds the anticipation Ginge.

The very wait for 10am, the buzz you get as the BBC updates 10 minutes late, the scanning of the important opening day, final day, boxing day and Forest fixtures, the booking of time off work for distant away's in far off lands, the frantic checking of hotel rooms and train prices incase of any bargains going and then the long agonising wait for the Pre-season campaign to kick the whole shebang off...

I'm f**king excited.

I think it just builds the anticipation Ginge.

The very wait for 10am, the buzz you get as the BBC updates 10 minutes late, the scanning of the important opening day, final day, boxing day and Forest fixtures, the booking of time off work for distant away's in far off lands, the frantic checking of hotel rooms and train prices incase of any bargains going and then the long agonising wait for the Pre-season campaign to kick the whole shebang off...

I'm f**king excited.

and that's just for the Burton match.....:rofl:

Archived