Ronald Vargas-Club Brugge

-JW-

Vargas main asset is his technique. He can usually be found on the midfield just behind the striker(s) or on the wing. I think it's safe to say that he and Ivan Perisic were Club Brugge's best players last season, untill Vargas got badly injured.

I believe he's a very good player, though I'm not sure if Derby's style of football would suit him.

be amazing on the left of the 3 !

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky aren't normally ones for making stuff up - when they do, it's usually realistic.

But this one has really stumped me, this is the sort of player that Leicester might be going for but even for them I would consider it ambitious.

Unfortunately, this stinks of ********.

Sky aren't normally ones for making stuff up - when they do, it's usually realistic.

But this one has really stumped me, this is the sort of player that Leicester might be going for but even for them I would consider it ambitious.

Unfortunately, this stinks of ********.

If Vargas signs I'll eat my own tits.

No wait, maybe Club Brugge have decided they have too much skill and need an British player 'with a good engine' - straight swap for Pearson anybody?

He has only got 1 season left on his contract, so maybe we could get him for £1.5-2m. Brugge only get about 12k attendance on average so we should be able to pay higher wages than him.

Unlikely but not impossible.

Are we still talking about this guy?

Even if we had the money he doesn't fit the team ethic and he would be on higher wages. We need to build a team spirit and there's something edgy around having a bunch who have been rejected by other clubs and who want to prove them wrong.

If we wanted this type of player I think we would have made Bueno our first signing. Whilst he is still too puny, he would relish setting up the more mobile acquisitions.

You're not gonna believe this, i've just seen him at the estate agents where I work, he arrived in a limo with his translator and agent, it must be true then...

I see it now - he's sitting at home after a tough session of physiotherapy (I understand he's injured) and all of a sudden Homes under the Hammer comes on Belgian Dave and he sees a house in Derby up for sale for £40K. He's straight on the phone to his agent and demands a transfer.

Look, I'd love to think we had a player of this calibre coming but as a sustainable plan we need to build a squad within our budget. Your estate agency must be keen to be open this time of night, or are estate agents unable to come out in daylight these days?

Archived