Steve McClaren New Forest Manager [Split]

StaffsRam

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long had Doughty been speaking to McClaren before he sacked Billy?

If Billy was sacked yesterday afternoon and Shteeve appointed first thing this morning, then its pretty obvious some discussions had taken place before Billy knew owt about it.

I wonder what the final straw was for Doughty?

I think this is a bad decision, Steve Mclaren never had to prove himself at this level whereas Billy has proved himself at this level time and time again!

I think this is going to be a learning curve for McLaren it's not like Forest have an outstanding side, they are a mid table side playing well above themselves!

I think this is a bad decision, Steve Mclaren never had to prove himself at this level whereas Billy has proved himself at this level time and time again!

I think this is going to be a learning curve for McLaren it's not like Forest have an outstanding side, they are a mid table side playing well above themselves!

McLaren proved enough when he got Boro to the Uefa Cup. FC Twente, a mid table side, he turned into a championship winning team. If he can achieve that, then i'm sure he can do the job at Snottingham Florist! :p

Ah the hilarious Dutch accent, well done Steve, now even though you are speaking English the Dutch speaking population understand you perfectly! Maybe he'll try and blend in, in Notts. A trip down the dole office, crack habit and thieving should do it.

McLaren proved enough when he got Boro to the Uefa Cup. FC Twente, a mid table side, he turned into a championship winning team. If he can achieve that, then i'm sure he can do the job at Snottingham Florist! :p

He did well at FC Twente, Boro he did what the budget he allowed.. he wasted a lot of money on toss, I think the top 5 biggest flops at Boro will have been brought in by him!

How any manager could not get England to qualify from the group they was in was beyond me, and the job at wolfsburg was laughable. He has never been in this division before so who knows, but hand on heart in this division I would pick Billy over Mclaren every day of the week!

they've done the rounds on facebook and become many Forest fans main profile pic lol.

And McClaren is a way better coach/manager than Billy...maybe not in terms of Championship experience but in terms of their philosophy its like chalk and cheese...Billy was leading us down a dead end by cutting off the youth supply and wanting older players in, McClaren will be the best man to bring them through and should have no problem adapting to the challenge and taking us that extra step forward Billy couldn't manage.

There's also a better chance of establishing ourselves once we get there than if it had been Billy in charge as well....it will be interesting to see where Billy goes next and who's willing to take the plunge on him.

it will be interesting to see where Billy goes next and who's willing to take the plunge on him.

Someone desperate no doubt.

Absolutely spot on assessment of Davros IMO - effective short-term football, but at the expense of the medium to long-term future of the club.

McClaren will undoubtedly be better for you in the regard of nurturing youth talent and building for the future, but it remains to be seen whether or not he has Billy's ability to create an 'effective' team on the pitch. Could go either way IMO.

they've done the rounds on facebook and become many Forest fans main profile pic lol.

And McClaren is a way better coach/manager than Billy...maybe not in terms of Championship experience but in terms of their philosophy its like chalk and cheese...Billy was leading us down a dead end by cutting off the youth supply and wanting older players in, McClaren will be the best man to bring them through and should have no problem adapting to the challenge and taking us that extra step forward Billy couldn't manage.

There's also a better chance of establishing ourselves once we get there than if it had been Billy in charge as well....it will be interesting to see where Billy goes next and who's willing to take the plunge on him.

Deja vu......we did'nt believe Preston when they told us either...................;)

Davies has been released with damage limitation, we did believe you, and I was aware of his Worst Team In History creator, credentials, we've moved on at a good time.

I wonder with boards like Villa appointing who they want without fans approval, if sorry when Derby struggle would they see Billy as the man to take them forward at Derby? Good track record!

Davies has been released with damage limitation, we did believe you, and I was aware of his Worst Team In History creator, credentials, we've moved on at a good time.

I wonder with boards like Villa appointing who they want without fans approval, if sorry when Derby struggle would they see Billy as the man to take them forward at Derby? Good track record!

why would we want your 'hand me downs'. I seem to recall it normally works the other way round. Perhaps you may get Nige sometime in the future

Archived