Steve McClaren New Forest Manager [Split]

StaffsRam

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great no2 not so great manager.

Imho

Steve McLaren's club manager credentials :-

First season as Manager (Boro) - 12th in Prem & FA Cup semi-final.

Second season - 11th in Prem

Third season - 11th in Prem & won League Cup to qualify for UEFA Cup following season

Fourth season - 7th in Prem (qualifying for UEFA Cup following season), reached last 16 UEFA Cup

Fifth season - 14th in Prem, FA Cup semi-final & UEFA Cup losing Finalists

1st season FC Twente - League runners-up & Dutch Cup Finalists

2nd season - Won Dutch League (first time in the Club's history)

Wolfsburg - Sacked after less than a year, but had them as high as sixth at one point despite losing their

first 3 games.

Is there any other current English manager who can boast a club CV like that? Doesn't look too shabby does it?

And add to that the promotion he won with us, and then got us playing some superb football in the top division. (no coincidence that when hebleft it all started to go wrong) plus, winning EVERYTHING POSSIBLE at Manchester United.

Great coach, gutted he is there. But then again, what do i know, i am just a "moron who follows England"

And add to that the promotion he won with us, and then got us playing some superb football in the top division. (no coincidence that when hebleft it all started to go wrong) plus, winning EVERYTHING POSSIBLE at Manchester United.

Great coach, gutted he is there. But then again, what do i know, i am just a "moron who follows England"

I can't remember singling you out - please don't take it personally. However I wouldn't apportion our demise solely to him leaving.

I more meant some of the people that go to Wembley, who probably go to 2-3 games a season for their team, and boo the players when they are drawing 0-0 at half time. It happens, I've seen it loads of times. The last time I went there were 5 lads sat behind me shouting what a fat useless c*nt Lampard was, all the way through - what's that all about?

I completely disagree with everything about the England team at the moment, so rather than spend my cash slagging them off in the stands, I just don't go. Probably didn't make myself very clear though so I apologise.

But back to my original point, if the forest fans are as fickle as the England crowd, he could be under the cosh early. Which would be great.

I can't remember singling you out - please don't take it personally. However I wouldn't apportion our demise solely to him leaving.

I more meant some of the people that go to Wembley, who probably go to 2-3 games a season for their team, and boo the players when they are drawing 0-0 at half time. It happens, I've seen it loads of times. The last time I went there were 5 lads sat behind me shouting what a fat useless c*nt Lampard was, all the way through - what's that all about?

I completely disagree with everything about the England team at the moment, so rather than spend my cash slagging them off in the stands, I just don't go. Probably didn't make myself very clear though so I apologise.

But back to my original point, if the forest fans are as fickle as the England crowd, he could be under the cosh early. Which would be great.

sounds like you met Muespach then........:rofl:

Steve McLaren's club manager credentials :-

First season as Manager (Boro) - 12th in Prem & FA Cup semi-final.

Second season - 11th in Prem

Third season - 11th in Prem & won League Cup to qualify for UEFA Cup following season

Fourth season - 7th in Prem (qualifying for UEFA Cup following season), reached last 16 UEFA Cup

Fifth season - 14th in Prem, FA Cup semi-final & UEFA Cup losing Finalists

1st season FC Twente - League runners-up & Dutch Cup Finalists

2nd season - Won Dutch League (first time in the Club's history)

Wolfsburg - Sacked after less than a year, but had them as high as sixth at one point despite losing their

first 3 games.

Is there any other current English manager who can boast a club CV like that? Doesn't look too shabby does it?

Not a bad record at Boro 'til you look at how much he spent achieving those results. In his first 2 years he spent nearly £50m NET.

He'll be lucky to get a tenth of that at Florist.

Giles Barnes apparently wanted by McClaren at Forest, this is the sort of singing I expected by McClaren to be honest someone who has made the headlines in the papers, in the past.

Last I heard he was permanently buggered, that is why Fulham went completely backwards on the deal when they signed him and we released him, WBA seemed to sign him based on the same theory would be interesting to see how he does, but I doubt he'd be fit enough to even get a good run of games.

Archived