French Open/Wimbledon 2011

dcfcdavecov

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone else she just how much Murrays girlfriend looks like his mum !!!

Ok we know theres an age difference, but, look at the features..... uncany or just weird ??

oedipus complex ?

makes me wonder what Stephen Pearsons mum looks like :eek:

There is a clear class divide between Murray and the top 3. Nadal played at 50~60% and still won with relative ease. Murray will not win a major while the likes of Novak and Rafa are still playing. He just doesn't have the big shots.

4th in the world Rankings, 4th seed. Reached the semi-finals. Sounds about right.

Anybody expecting anymore was always going to be dissapointed.

4th best tennis player in the world, in an era that has produced 2 of the greatest of all time.....hardly ****.

4th in the world Rankings, 4th seed. Reached the semi-finals. Sounds about right.

Anybody expecting anymore was always going to be dissapointed.

4th best tennis player in the world, in an era that has produced 2 of the greatest of all time.....hardly ****.

three of the greatest. Djokovic will be remembered as a great too.

Murray is like Arsenal, probably just good enough to win something but never will because they just don't have the bottle.

Can we forget about tennis again, now?

Our media talks about tennis as if we were all playing and watching it and it was some kind of national sport. Truth is we have one grumpy Scot and no-one else who is remotely good at it. Meanwhile we have truly great sportsmen and women at the top of the world in sports such as triathlon who never get a mention.

Move on!

Can we forget about tennis again, now?

Our media talks about tennis as if we were all playing and watching it and it was some kind of national sport. Truth is we have one grumpy Scot and no-one else who is remotely good at it. Meanwhile we have truly great sportsmen and women at the top of the world in sports such as triathlon who never get a mention.

Move on!

Meh, Robson (17 and the youngest player inside the top 250) and Watson (19 and one of the youngest in the top 100) will be in the top 30-50 this time next year. Baltacha is forever climbing the rankings now she's injury free. Those rankings are before Wimbledon aswell. Robson will go up about 40 places. This time next year we'll have at least two women in the fourth round. Few more women will be in top 150 or so next year as well. We're looking quite strong for 3 or 4 years time.

US Open next.

Triathlon is boring to watch.

Meh, Robson (17 and the youngest player inside the top 250) and Watson (19 and one of the youngest in the top 100) will be in the top 30-50 this time next year. Baltacha is forever climbing the rankings now she's injury free. Those rankings are before Wimbledon aswell. Robson will go up about 40 places. This time next year we'll have at least two women in the fourth round. Few more women will be in top 150 or so next year as well. We're looking quite strong for 3 or 4 years time.

US Open next.

Triathlon is boring to watch.

Maybe you're right. Perhaps next year we'll have a raft of fans drunk on Pimms celebrating our success with mexican waves as we (woo hoo) get beyond the first round.

I have nothing against tennis - I think it's a great sport. It's the relative importance it gets which irks me. We've had a number of promising youngsters in tennis - it seems every other year we get to the Junior finals - but they fall by the wayside.

We really don't laud our true sporting heroes. Triathlon, cycling, rowing, yes they may be 'boring' to non-officianados, but we're blooming good at them.

Maybe you're right. Perhaps next year we'll have a raft of fans drunk on Pimms celebrating our success with mexican waves as we (woo hoo) get beyond the first round.

I have nothing against tennis - I think it's a great sport. It's the relative importance it gets which irks me. We've had a number of promising youngsters in tennis - it seems every other year we get to the Junior finals - but they fall by the wayside.

We really don't laud our true sporting heroes. Triathlon, cycling, rowing, yes they may be 'boring' to non-officianados, but we're blooming good at them.

Last junior to make a final in Wimbledon was in 2004.

Anyway, i like rowing and cycling.....and the two Brown brothers is it in the triathlon? But we are only one of four contries to hold a GS.....it's so much bigger than the London triathlon.

Last junior to make a final in Wimbledon was in 2004.

Anyway, i like rowing and cycling.....and the two Brown brothers is it in the triathlon? But we are only one of four contries to hold a GS.....it's so much bigger than the London triathlon.

Thought Laura Robson won in 2008? And Liam Brody lost today?

Good debate, though dcfcdavecov. Next - Scottish Football - who really cares? Two teams, both mediocre, yet week after week we are rushed to Roddy Forsyth as if it's life or death - or is it just me?

Thought Laura Robson won in 2008? And Liam Brody lost today?

Good debate, though dcfcdavecov. Next - Scottish Football - who really cares? Two teams, both mediocre, yet week after week we are rushed to Roddy Forsyth as if it's life or death - or is it just me?

completely agree and I live in Scotland so it's even worse. Can't wait to move.

Archived