Grant gone ,,, who's next

ramexpat

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant was unlucky at chelsea and came closer than anyone else in the modern age to getting chelsea to win the champions league, he also came soo close to winning the prem. He wasn't too bad at portsmouth as well but hasn't done too well at west ham really.

Grant was unlucky at chelsea and came closer than anyone else in the modern age to getting chelsea to win the champions league, he also came soo close to winning the prem. He wasn't too bad at portsmouth as well but hasn't done too well at west ham really.

He should have won the league and Champions league though. For his last 2 teams he has won more cup games than league games, so he has been relegated 2 seasons running but got to a cup final and a semi final.

in fairness portsmouth was hell, and you say chelsea should have won the champions league, mourinhio, ancellotti, managers who are world class couldn't and grant came closer than either of them. The league again unlucky was within a point and he should have been given a second year for me.

Chelsea did well with Avram Grant, they were off the pace in the league when he took over, rumours suggest the players picked the team, but I can't see that.

At Portsmouth he took them to the FA Cup final, but they were relegated. GRANTed, the administration and lack of funds didn't help.

He was a poor choice for WHU, and the chairman should be blamed for not replacing him sooner. Martin O'Neill would have saved them.

Ancelotti is most likely to go next, Steve Kean as well, especially if Blackburn are relegated.

How do you think they'll get on next season. My mate see's them struggling but I think they'll have financial backing and if they get the right manager then that and the fact they're a big club for this league, I see them going straight back up, more so than any of the 5 who could join them.

West Ham as a club are in a shambles, you can't just blame Avram, even if he does look like someone waiting for bus in the technical area.

I thought it was trains......

1.bp.blogspot.com/_v8Zg3RjUumY/S8f18qM10JI/AAAAAAAAC04/C4lB8Ac-u1g/s1600/29809_hideousHeroes_subwaySpirit_l1

in fairness portsmouth was hell, and you say chelsea should have won the champions league, mourinhio, ancellotti, managers who are world class couldn't and grant came closer than either of them. The league again unlucky was within a point and he should have been given a second year for me.

I meant with the team that he had, and if Mourinho had been there that season they would have won the double. IMO, of course :)

I have a friend who supports Hammers. He read somewhere last week that their owners have said that their financies are worse than any other club in England. So they might be out of Premier for a while.

West Ham have a brilliant team, the bench oozes quality. They really should have stayed up.

They can probably sell half their team and still go up as Champions next season if they bring in the right manager.

True, the problem is the half they want to keep won't be the half that want to stay...

Archived