Grant gone ,,, who's next

ramexpat

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shambles of a club more than anything, wasn't one of the first signings under Gold, Sullivan and Brady the goal machine Benni McCarthy who was a fat cwnt and didn't score in 18 months at the club. They set the standards with signings such as these :rolleyes:

shambles of a club more than anything, wasn't one of the first signings under Gold, Sullivan and Brady the goal machine Benni McCarthy who was a fat cwnt and didn't score in 18 months at the club. They set the standards with signings such as these :rolleyes:

Considering Benni had been a consitent goalscorer in the previous seasons, i'd say that was a good signing, perhaps they were hoping he'd get his spark back at a new club. It was only a cheap signing, they did bring in Ba as the main striker, Picquionne isn't a bad player either.

Grant isn't a bad manager, he just can't organise defences and he doesn't seem to be that much of an inspiring figure.

Considering Benni had been a consitent goalscorer in the previous seasons, i'd say that was a good signing, perhaps they were hoping he'd get his spark back at a new club. It was only a cheap signing, they did bring in Ba as the main striker, Picquionne isn't a bad player either.

Grant isn't a bad manager, he just can't organise defences and he doesn't seem to be that much of an inspiring figure.

Agree on them making a few decent one's but even Keane, seemed way off the boil for Tottenham the season before, they got another striker in Keane in January when they needed someone along side Parker or in defence to lead the team

Agree on them making a few decent one's but even Keane, seemed way off the boil for Tottenham the season before, they got another striker in Keane in January when they needed someone along side Parker or in defence to lead the team

They did change the defence though, that's the thing. Perhaps not many players wanted to go there?

Wayne Bridge isn't that poor, he's an alright left back, Upson is strong and Tomkins is very capable, they're just disorganised and their morale is gone. They can go forward, they just really need a defensive coach in there. Roy Hodgson when they had the chance would have been a great choice.

They did change the defence though, that's the thing. Perhaps not many players wanted to go there?

Wayne Bridge isn't that poor, he's an alright left back, Upson is strong and Tomkins is very capable, they're just disorganised and their morale is gone. They can go forward, they just really need a defensive coach in there. Roy Hodgson when they had the chance would have been a great choice.

Bridge is a good left back but not the leader that they have needed this season, without Parker at times they would have looked a lot worse than we did! Hodgson would have been a good shout at the time, steadied West Brom's shakey run of form no bother! Nevermind i look forward to going there next season :D

West Ham have a brilliant team, the bench oozes quality. They really should have stayed up.

They can probably sell half their team and still go up as Champions next season if they bring in the right manager.

West ham have the worst team in the league, they have finished where they have finished because they have been awful and deserve to be down.

West ham have the worst team in the league, they have finished where they have finished because they have been awful and deserve to be down.

Not necessarily, they can have the worst performance over the season, which is true, but the squad is better than many of those above it.

The players just haven't performed as well as they should have.

Not necessarily, they can have the worst performance over the season, which is true, but the squad is better than many of those above it.

The players just haven't performed as well as they should have.

They have finished bottom necause they are the worst team in the league and United have won it because they are the best team in the league.

They have finished bottom necause they are the worst team in the league and United have won it because they are the best team in the league.

I would suggest that West Ham were relegated first because they have the worst performance in the Premier League, that does not necessarily mean that they had the worst squad.

Do you not agree that a better squad can be beaten by a worse squad if the lesser side apply themselves better over a season in comparison with the seemingly more talented one?

Nope. I think the best team always wins the league and the worst team always finishes bottom, applying yourself is part of how good you are, its a skill.

Glad the horrible littke club and all their horrible fans and all that "accademy of football" crap are back where they beling, playing doncaster and brighton....and us!

It depends, as I think with a different manager they may have stayed up, which if true would suggest that it wasn't a bad squad, so much as it just performed very badly.

But i'm glad to see them back down here, simply as I thought the whole Tevez scandal a while ago was very hard on Sheffield United and the score has been settled somewhat now. A good away trip for sure!

You are only as good as your last game, so the cliche goes, therefore you are right!! West ham are the worst team in the league!!

Of course they've been the worst team, never said they hadn't. But of all the teams in the bottom 3, they had the best on paper, the players with the most potential that could and should have done better. Bet yes, they went down as the worst team in the league because they finished bottom.

I still stand by my point though that they could even sell their best 11 players and still do well in our league. They have so much potential, they just need a manager who can get the players to play as they should.

Archived