Craig Bryson - Kilmarnock - Signed

davenportram

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess I'm just over cautious when it comes to believing we actually signed someone.

stp winding them up the two clubs have agreed a moved not that two other clubs are interested. There is enough on here happy to post WUM but an administrator god forbid lol

stp winding them up the two clubs have agreed a moved not that two other clubs are interested. There is enough on here happy to post WUM but an administrator god forbid lol

Moderator, Actually Ralph

As you were.

It's amazing how it went from that tweet to Leicester or Hull trying to Guzump the deal, we really are paranoid fans.

Indeed it is. I was panicking like mad when I thought someone had beaten us to Bryson (When we were sooo close). As it turns out, a 'tweet' has been misread................I do still worry, But let's hope Bryson is sealed by Thursday. Certainly sounds like it essentially is. Never seen him play, but the rave reviews have put a wee smile on me face.

It's official

http://tapatalk.com/mu/5c0d849e-26b1-e8f6

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3626726/I-loved-day-at-Scholes-school.html

I loved day at Scholes school

By RONNIE MacKAY

Published: Today

Add a comment

CRAIG BRYSON knew he had to move to England when Paul Scholes ran him ragged at Broadwood.

The midfielder was left chasing shadows as the Manchester United ace gave him a 45-minute doing.

It was a pre-season friendly which Clyde lost 5-1 in 2005 and Bryson was left in awe at the midfield maestro who gave him the runaround.

And he's since been chasing his own dream of playing in England, which he will now fulfil after signing for Derby County in a £350,000 move from Kilmarnock - which could eventually rise to £450,000.

Bryson said: "That was a great experience. I had watched Manchester United on TV but once you play against them, you realise just how good they really are.

"It was an eye opener and I wanted to be as good as them.

"You try to model yourself on players like that and on players who have a great career at a club like United.

"They put out all their top stars like Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Edwin van der Sar, Gerard Pique and Paul Scholes.

"I was up against Scholes and he was simply frightening.

"I could not get anywhere near him. I was just running after him and nothing else. I am glad he has retired.

"The game was played in Clyde's half although Neil McGregor did score for us.

"That will be a great memory for him but even though I was given the runaround by Scholes, it was still a great experience and made me want to play in England."

Bryson feels the move will help him get a better crack of making the Scotland squad now he has moved to the Championship.

Bryson, who has one cap after playing against the Faroe Islands last season, said: "I feel I have been overlooked at every level for Scotland.

"I have one cap for the 19s, one for the 21s and one for the full team.

"I have played about 245 first team games now so to be overlooked is a wee bit hard.

"They always seem to go for players at bigger clubs but hopefully if I do well at Derby I will get a chance.

"I had the taste against the Faroe Islands and I would love to do it again. Hopefully I can get the chance again if I can establish myself at Derby."

Another incentive to move to England was being snubbed by the Rams in 2007 when he went for a week's trial with Billy Davies in charge.

Bryson said: "Billy Davies was manager and I went there on the basis of Clyde's Scottish Cup win over Celtic.

"I went there when I was still quite raw and was only 18 at the time.

"I wanted to sign but he said I wasn't ready for the first team - and he was right.

"I thought I reacted well to it and ended up at Kilmarnock but it was always my ambition to go back down one day."

Bryson takes heart from the Scots playing in the Premier League and Championship.

He said: "You just have to look at guys like Charlie Adam, Don Cowie, Stephen McGinn, Graham Dorrans, Robert Snodgrass and Steven Fletcher."

Dot the i's and all that. I am not underwhelmed or excited about this signing- the fact that he seems to have stolen the neck from a giraffe is the only thing that is holding my interest at the moment :rolleyes:

p.s- is that our new shirt he is wearing? I can't tell as the last 5 are identical (cheers Adidas)

Archived