jim smith on the radio

NorfolkRam

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to spend money. Derby have a good young manager and a great fan base, all they need is a Mister Pickering to support it. There's nothing they can't do.

Jim Smith

Nigel Clough is the right man to take them forward, he deserves the patience, he has'nt had the financial backing so far but maybe this time will be different.

Dean Sturridge

TBE spoke about how close he came to signing Roberto Baggio, the agent upped the price by a million at the last minute. TBE said we would have probably recouped that in shirt sales!

Sturridge praised Smith for bringing in Igor and Asa, their skill and arrogance gave the other players in the squad the belief that they could compete in the Premiership

B A L D E A G L E ' S B A R M Y A R M Y

The best time i'm probably ever going to have at PP was when that man constructed a team of craft, skill and determination.

Respect.

The best time i'm probably ever going to have at PP was when that man constructed a team of craft, skill and determination.

Agreed - those days seem a very long way away now. :frown:

The champagne football of Eranio, Baiano, Asa, Stimac, Wanchope - awesome!

In between the 24th September and 18th October 1997 - I think that's my happiest time as a Ram. Broke the hoodoo that Sheff Wed had over us at Hillsboro' by smashing 5 past them, scored 4 goals in the last quarter of an hour to destroy Southampton at PP, went to Filbert Street and turned Leicester over, and ended it all with a great display in the 2-2 draw with Man Utd at PP.

Agreed - those days seem a very long way away now. :frown:

The champagne football of Eranio, Baiano, Asa, Stimac, Wanchope - awesome!

In between the 24th September and 18th October 1997 - I think that's my happiest time as a Ram. Broke the hoodoo that Sheff Wed had over us at Hillsboro' by smashing 5 past them, scored 4 goals in the last quarter of an hour to destroy Southampton at PP, went to Filbert Street and turned Leicester over, and ended it all with a great display in the 2-2 draw with Man Utd at PP.

Was the 2-2 draw the one where the ref decided Barthez had the ball in two hands when we scored again? I found that game funny because i'm sure Veron and Co hit the bar, post and everything else in and around our goal. Yet everytime we went forward it felt like we would score.

Unless that's my memory getting muddled up?

Remeber the 98-99 were 2nd after 6 games and had a game v Aston Villa who were top and we would have gone top but Paul Merson runied that.:mad:

Doing the double of Liverpool was great too, we only finised a couple of points of them and we were a couple of places above Spurs, Newcastle etc. The FA Cup run was good also, the likes of Plymouth away when they were in Div 4.

Derby 3-0 Arsenal in 97/98 was great also. Only 2 points of a European spot in the end.

Now we have the great battle with Doncaster.:rolleyes:

Was the 2-2 draw the one where the ref decided Barthez had the ball in two hands when we scored again? I found that game funny because i'm sure Veron and Co hit the bar, post and everything else in and around our goal. Yet everytime we went forward it felt like we would score.

That one was about 5 years afterwards. I remember that one. Last minute winner disallowed. Great game, should have been a great win, but a **** of a referee. :mad:

The 2-2 draw in 1997 was when we went 2-0 up through Baiano and Wanchope, and then they came back into it with Sheringham scoring and then Andy Cole netted with about 5 minutes to go.

few years after if my memory serves me correct, Christie would have had his hattrick had it been allowed and sadly it wasn't. I think the 00/01 season or the year after.

Archived