Bueno

paddyram

I cant see darren pratley joining us to be fair.

Id expect a premiership club to come in for him.

Even teams like Forest who have courted him in the past would be more of a favourite to get him than us, given their last 2 seasons league table position they would certainly be a more attractive proposition than relegation fodder derby. As much as it pains me to say.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cant see darren pratley joining us to be fair.

Id expect a premiership club to come in for him.

Even teams like Forest who have courted him in the past would be more of a favourite to get him than us, given their last 2 seasons league table position they would certainly be a more attractive proposition than relegation fodder derby. As much as it pains me to say.

if forest don't get promoted they're stuffed, they already have a few players half way out the door, Earnshaw being one of them!

I'm amazed he does, as i for one wasnt sure that NC had 'done the right thing' by him, with his 'knocking it into the corners football,so no room for him' comment, and not playing him, much....

If Bueno said that hand on heart, then my respect for him has grown even more, as it seems to show a respect for NC's decisions, and a proffessional attitude,and speaks volumes about the lad :)

I hope NC respects and appreciates his attitude and his undoubted skill, and lets see him in a DCFC shirt next season please.....

I always forget Bueno's age.

I always expect him to show the team the way more. Get a bit dissapointed when he fades into the background.

The when i remember his age i feel a bit unfair for expecting him to be a leader.

Probably due to his Real Madrid background.

IMO, Bueno, Commons, Cywka and Green are one of the deadliest combos in this division. Only Commons has gone. Green has had a tough season but when we were playing well he was the centre of everything. Always involved in the build ups.

I'd be happy to see us sign Bueno if we're going to play 4231 again. Bueno,Cywka,Green and Ward. Add another creative player to that and Nigel has brilliant attacking options. Good enough for the Play-Offs surely?

They will need to be covered by a much stronger DM partnership than what we've had this season. Bailey needs to hit the gym.

But i don't think we'll see Bueno again. I've got a gut feeling that Cywka is no longer a major part of our plans. I doubt we'll even play 4231. More like 433.

Not looking forward to next season. I think Nigel will make the wrong decisions this summer. Bueno being the first of them.

Hope i'm wrong though

But, as Bueno says; "I don't know at the moment but I just want to play football, wherever it may be. I'm not closing any windows."

It's just Bueno keeping his options open and coming out with same old guff all footballers (except Bywater) do in that kind of situation. Pretty meaningless.

Bueno should stay, but if he wants to competitive in the Championship theres no getting away from the fact that he is about a stone and a half too light. Have seen him play some really insightful passes, great vision.

But on a heavy pitch and marked well I've seen him bounced off the ball continuously, so he doesn't get to shine and seems to get dispondant. Spend the closed season eating pies and getting into the gym and I think he could be a cornerstone of the Derby attack holding the ball up and feeding the strikers.

;)

But, as Bueno says; "I don't know at the moment but I just want to play football, wherever it may be. I'm not closing any windows."

It's just Bueno keeping his options open and coming out with same old guff all footballers (except Bywater) do in that kind of situation. Pretty meaningless.

If he didn't want to stop the comments before would have been on the lines off

"I have enjoyed my time and I will keep in touch with all the players as they are friend. I am a Villaroid player and at the end of the season I go back to see friends and I wish them luck"

He did not need to say the things he did. Like Kuqi and Fielding didn't. Fielding is desperate to come back and as some have tried to hammer home that NC is ***** etc why would the England U21 keeper want to come.

How about for once NC does look after his players. Another piece of evidence is SAV interview on Ramsplayer where he does nothing but praise Clough. Now he has nothing to lose and people think there were issues there.

It may be just like Clough has said they are not quite good enough to play the style he wants. The new players may make a big difference.

I'd expect Bueno to stay as he has everything sorted over here to stay. The only thing that will stop him is Nigel Clough's decisions. Speaking to him after the Burnley match, I got the impression from what he was saying that the fee was agreed with his parent club and his contract was practically already written up waiting to be signed.

I could be barking down the wrong tree, but he said things with a certain tone.

For my opinion on Bueno: I think that we should try to keep hold of him, if and only if, we can also sign someone similar to Bueno but with a little more steel when it comes to English winters. Far too many times in winter he was ineffective due to whatever reason, so if we have someone to rotate with him without compromising on other signings then I think he should stay.

If he didn't want to stop the comments before would have been on the lines off

"I have enjoyed my time and I will keep in touch with all the players as they are friend. I am a Villaroid player and at the end of the season I go back to see friends and I wish them luck"

He did not need to say the things he did. Like Kuqi and Fielding didn't. Fielding is desperate to come back and as some have tried to hammer home that NC is ***** etc why would the England U21 keeper want to come.

How about for once NC does look after his players. Another piece of evidence is SAV interview on Ramsplayer where he does nothing but praise Clough. Now he has nothing to lose and people think there were issues there.

It may be just like Clough has said they are not quite good enough to play the style he wants. The new players may make a big difference.

I suppose Bueno could have said a lot of things he didn’t. In fact I’m fairly shocked by some of the things that never even crossed his mind.

How about…this article is a bit of inconsequential fluff from someone who doesn’t know where they’ll end up next season but who wants to keep all his options open and not alienate anyone in the process.

I can hear the axes being ground in the background when articles like this are used to either knock NC or praise him.

As for Bueno, I’ve seen him play well and seen him play less well. He doesn’t seem to be someone who turns games around (like Commons) and I think I’ll just trust the manager on this one.

In his interview with radio derby after the bristol game, Nigel Clough was asked about keeping Bueno.

His answer was - "we will just have to see who we get in".

In other words - if we get the all the right players in then he probably will not be back.

If we don't, then we may go for him again.

In his interview with radio derby after the bristol game, Nigel Clough was asked about keeping Bueno.

His answer was - "we will just have to see who we get in".

In other words - if we get the all the right players in then he probably will not be back.

If we don't, then we may go for him again.

which is a very prudent and correct way of doing things I would have thought, especially if there is another large loan fee attached

Archived