Bueno

paddyram

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13208132.stm

Couldn't see this already posted.

Clough not sounding too bothered about keeping Bueno. Is this because he doesn't see a place for him or does he reckon his parent club will be asking for a sizeable fee?

Although he's failed to make an impact in the latter half of the season, we saw the damage he can do when he's surrounded by players playing well. I would personally love to keep him as I think it is important to keep players as technically sound as him in the squad whilst we build a bit of a spine to compliment him and push up the league.

I would even pay a decent fee for him, it was only December he was being linked with bottom half prem sides.

What's everyone's thoughts?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a tricky one because he has looked very good when the team is playing well and very poor, even dis-interested when things aren't going great. If we start next season well with some good new players he could look like a world beater, if not who knows? It all depends on the fee, which I think may be sizeable.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13208132.stm

Couldn't see this already posted.

Clough not sounding too bothered about keeping Bueno. Is this because he doesn't see a place for him or does he reckon his parent club will be asking for a sizeable fee?

Although he's failed to make an impact in the latter half of the season, we saw the damage he can do when he's surrounded by players playing well. I would personally love to keep him as I think it is important to keep players as technically sound as him in the squad whilst we build a bit of a spine to compliment him and push up the league.

I would even pay a decent fee for him, it was only December he was being linked with bottom half prem sides.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Could be just as Glick told the fans who he met with. If they get promoted they will keep him as they'll be able to afford his wages. If they dont then may look to offload his wages again.

if we are to make an attempt at being in the top half of the division then we will need creative players,if Bueno isnt here then i will be interested to see who NC gets in as a playmaker/creative player, now commons has gone who do we have Cywka(who has been marginalised) ?or Bailey

With NC,s liking of local or english players it will be interesting.....

if we are to make an attempt at being in the top half of the division then we will need creative players,if Bueno isnt here then i will be interested to see who NC gets in as a playmaker/creative player, now commons has gone who do we have Cywka(who has been marginalised) ?or Bailey

With NC,s liking of local or english players it will be interesting.....

Cwyka has been injured not marginalized - currently got a thigh injury http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Team-news-Anderson-starts-Rams-Roberts-ruled/article-3482625-detail/article.html

Bailey is the Savage replacement, solid defensive midfielder who can pass a bit.- not here as a playmaker.

The way it is put in the DET is that if we don't get someone in who can unlock defences we will go back in for Bueno. But that is just my interpretation.

That was my interpretation of the BBC article too. Reference to who we get permanent, and then reference to his parent clubs plans. Nothing in there really showed Clough isn't bothered about getting him back, just that other things might happen instead.

I'd take him for a reasonable fee.

Although I didn't see his full performance at Norwich, his goal and assist shows what he can do.

played alright at Norwich, looked interested, chased back alot and wanted the ball all the time. Tried to get us playing football but a lot of the team wanted to get rid to relieve pressure rather than try to play football but most of the attack's we had revolved around him playing a part in the build up somewhere.

Has quality no doubt but he is not the sort of player who will put a shift in game in game out. Too lightweight for this league and seems only to play well when the team are playing well. For those reasons we need a different type of player as a priority i.e. a target man, something that Porter and Davies are not.

He is without a doubt a classy player and can see why he was highly thought of in spain, however when the challenges started coming in he did tend to hide and although I like him, unless the parent club are going to let us have him for under a million and he wants less than 8k a week then I would move on, sometimes it's not about having the best players but about having the players that will make the impact!

For me it depends on the weather forecast for next Winter, if it's going to be mild then I'd keep him, if it's going to get really cold I'd send him home.

Is it just me or did others observe a drop off in Bueno's form when the weather got cold, this marked a change in Rams results as well. You could say Bueno didn't play well when the rest of the team didn't play well, I'd turn this on it's head and say when Bueno didn't play well the Rams performances as a whole were very poor.

If Clough can sort out the weather I'd keep him, failing this he needs to overturn the ban on snoods and kit out Bueno in tights, gloves, woolly hat, scarf / snood, thermal skin and ski jacket.

Can we loan him for the first 3 months and last 2 months of the season?

For me it depends on the weather forecast for next Winter, if it's going to be mild then I'd keep him, if it's going to get really cold I'd send him home.

Is it just me or did others observe a drop off in Bueno's form when the weather got cold, this marked a change in Rams results as well. You could say Bueno didn't play well when the rest of the team didn't play well, I'd turn this on it's head and say when Bueno didn't play well the Rams performances as a whole were very poor.

If Clough can sort out the weather I'd keep him, failing this he needs to overturn the ban on snoods and kit out Bueno in tights, gloves, woolly hat, scarf / snood, thermal skin and ski jacket.

Can we loan him for the first 3 months and last 2 months of the season?

I'm sure it's been mentioned that he struggles in the cold, not sure if this is from him or Clough personally mind.

Archived