Bueno

paddyram

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bueno weather hypothesis was surely blown out of the water at the Coventry game – dead sunny and he was barely in the game

The BBC article definitely has the air of “if we can’t find anyone better then we may consider him againâ€

In which case would Bueno really want another year here in rainy old England, knowing that he’s only here because we couldn’t find anyone better? Mentally that won’t be god prep for the lad

That's what I would buy a striker for...or an attacking midfielder..or a creative player..whatever you want to call him..

From an attacking midfielder I would be looking for a bit of creativity, that little bit of spark, something that we lack massively. Bueno can be that.

From an attacking midfielder I would be looking for a bit of creativity, that little bit of spark, something that we lack massively. Bueno can be that.

Yes, completely agree, but he doesn't score enough for me, and I have no idea how many assits he has got this season, but I bet it's not too many.

there are bette, more consitant attacking midfielders around...it's Nigel's job to find one...or two..

27 games (23 of them starts)

5 goals

35 shots

4 assists

So he scores 14% of his shots

And has scored or set up 9 goals, just under a 6th of our total goals.

Decent stats for an Attacking/creative midfielder which is where he has played for us.

As an aside Paul green is the player with most assists - 8

I'd be surprised if he wanted to stay to be perfectly honest, but if he did I'd like to see him sign permanently or for another season-long loan.

There are little things that he does that show he has a bit of class above what others are capable of - a couple of cross-field passes on Monday where he picks out the man with a degree of precision rarely seen from recent Derby midfields, for example. Likewise his set piece/crossing into the box delivery was consistently good on Monday. His scoring record has never been great, and I had heard from Spain before he even played a game for us that he wouldn't score many, but as a vision of how we would like to see Derby play football, surely we'd like to keep him?

It is certainly the case that he doesn't fully appreciate the rough and tumble of the Championship and withdraws somewhat if people set out to kick him off the ball, but pair him up with a centre forward that can actually hit a barn door and I reckon he would continue to do a good job of unlocking defences.

Yes, completely agree, but he doesn't score enough for me, and I have no idea how many assits he has got this season, but I bet it's not too many.

there are bette, more consitant attacking midfielders around...it's Nigel's job to find one...or two..

I think your missing the point. Kaka has not done amazing for RM this season so does that mean you wouldn't have him in your team?

Archived