Derby County v Burnley

froggg

that was a strange match

it was like we were playing 3 central defenders and no left back

we had 3 in midfield to cope with their 5

even in the first half - which we edged - they were getting in time and time again down our left

i expected some sort of tactical change but nothing happened

i wasnt at all surprised when the patten continued. Sav was lucky not a concede a pen .The penalty came from yet another attack down their right / our left. The third - yet another cross from the same position.

In the end we were outclassed by Burnley.

Strange set up. And no ideas from the bench.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayala was man of the match

jones 5

brayford 7

anderson 3

savage 5

barker 5

ayala 8

bailey 6

robinson 7

ward 6

davies 5

pearson 6

that was a strange match

it was like we were playing 3 central defenders and no left back

we had 3 in midfield to cope with their 5

even in the first half - which we edged - they were getting in time and time again down our left

i expected some sort of tactical change but nothing happened

i wasnt at all surprised when the patten continued. Sav was lucky not a concede a pen .The penalty came from yet another attack down their right / our left. The third - yet another cross from the same position.

In the end we were outclassed by Burnley.

Strange set up. And no ideas from the bench.

We didn't have a left-back to pick or a left-footed defender to bring on. We got what we got. There was little we could have done.

We didn't have a left-back to pick or a left-footed defender to bring on. We got what we got. There was little we could have done.

Anderson wasn't even playing left back half the time.

Getting him to go to his position might have been a useful start.

We were better when ayala moved there but obviously it was game over by then.

And why dont we have anyone?

1st half we were good, second half we sat back, Burnley deserved to win as better in midfield and were well up for it.

The ref was rubbish, Ward shouldn't have been sent off.

The bitch lineswoman needstake some lessons in what is offside and not :mad:

Why do you need to call the lineswoman a bitch? Very unpleasant term.

Ayala was man of the match

jones 5

brayford 7

anderson 3

savage 5

barker 5

ayala 8

bailey 6

robinson 7

ward 6

davies 5

pearson 6

Ayale MOM! Having a laugh it was his fault they scored there 1st! Barker was with Iwelemo n ayala got attracted to the ball leaving eagles with a simple 1 v 1 with jones! The fluency and form started to return since the return of a fit bailey in midfield!

IMO:-

jones 6

brayford 7

anderson 6

savage 6

barker 7

ayala 6

bailey 7

robinson 7

ward 7

davies 5

pearson 6

they got their first because of yet another big hole down our left flank.

barker didnt deal with iwelumo

and whilst i like bailey...both him and sav were ball watching at times whilst burnley passed it for fun

Anderson wasn't even playing left back half the time.

Getting him to go to his position might have been a useful start.

We were better when ayala moved there but obviously it was game over by then.

And why dont we have anyone?

We don't have 1 cause some berk!!! Sold the best left back at the club.

Worst decision cloughs made all season

Know were stuck with Roberts cmon nige try a reserve lb out in the last few games

We don't have 1 cause some berk!!! Sold the best left back at the club.

Worst decision cloughs made all season

Know were stuck with Roberts cmon nige try a reserve lb out in the last few games

I'm not having that, we were offered 500k for a player that showed little more than what we paid for him around 200k-300k so to get nearly double what I would of valued him at was good business IMO, Roberts since coming in and being the only choice as done no worse or better than what Moxey would of done either.

I think it's natural that people get mixed views of players that have left but Moxey never looked close to a half a million pound left back!

I also think this game was two halves, the first half we looked solid(ish) at the back and through-out the team, played good football and the game was in our hands.. come out from the break and the roles were reversed. I thought first half performance alone was good enough to keep me interested in next season.

The only issue I have with Moxey going was the timing. We were on the slide and had Roberts done his knee in January we would have been in deep *****.

Roberts I think came back just to get us through the Leeds and QPR games, they would have probably ripped us apart without 2 proper full backs. I just hope he hasn't done any serious damage by doing so.

What a way for Savage to follow up Monday night...by barely being noticed yesterday. Worst player on the field in my opinion. Graham Alexander came on and looked about 25 years old - I'd rather take him now than have Savage having 2-3 good games a season.

If he starts the first game of next season, it will give a terrible impression to supporters.

The only issue I have with Moxey going was the timing. We were on the slide and had Roberts done his knee in January we would have been in deep *****.

Roberts I think came back just to get us through the Leeds and QPR games, they would have probably ripped us apart without 2 proper full backs. I just hope he hasn't done any serious damage by doing so.

I agree Dav. It was the right decision financially but on footballing terms imo it was as bad as it gets. We were, as you say, on the slide. 500K means nothing had we have been relegated. And let us not kid ourselves. We're on 49 points with a considerable chance we won't get another this season. We've relied on the bottom 3 being poorer than they have in previous seasons where about 52 points in the benchmark. We took a massive risk selling Moxey. Looks like we got away with it thankfully but I wouldn't play the same card twice. We've had a patched up defence pretty much ever since.

Archived