We need more points

PistoldPete

We could lose all of our remaining games and stay up! There is no way any of these teams are going to win 3 never mond 4 games. Take a chill pill, I have a sneaky feeling we will get something from QPR tomorrow night!

Any reason you quoted me and stated that??? :confused:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scuny won at Palace ( none has done that for a long time) and beat QPR 4-1 . In between they lost to Reading who are on a terrific run. Do not understimate them.

But having seen Prestons run in Watford Millwall Cardiff and Ipswich I cant see them winning all those games can you?

Very true......They got hammered 6-0.....but by Norwich also. I just really can't see it myself, Scunny won't catch us IMO.

Prestons run in is pretty hard for them too. Even if they pull off a mammoth shock against Cardiff, Then I can't see them beating Watford and Millwall. So I agree with you on that Pete, Preston are never gunna take us.

I will not relax until Derby are mathematically safe.

The quickest and most likely way now to mathematical safety from relegation is:

1. Derby get at least two points between now and the end of Saturday

2. Ssausagehorpe and Preston both lose on Saturday

A better way would be for Derby to win both tomorrow and Saturday - this way, we don't have to worry what other teams are doing.

Has anyone picked up on the fact that Palace and Scunny had key players sent off? Preston are the team I fear,but looking at their fixtures they'd well deserve to stay up if they won them (or all bar one).

The worst thing our players can do is relax now and think we are safe.

Thats where complacency sets in and we almost always lose.

We need to get another win to be safe. Finishing the season with 4 or 5 defeats will not lay down much of a foundation for next year.

Obviously Scunny and Preston don't care who might replace them in the bottom three. They are both in some of their best form of the season and could do something miraculous. Strange things happen in football.

With our run in, we have the hardest set of games to deal with

and are no better than any of the bottom three squad wise currently.

Nobody would be surprized if we got a tonking at QPR, Norwich and especially Reading. That could leave our goal difference looking much worse. Maybe -16 after the Reading match.

The Blades are down.

Preston are 9 points behind us. goal difference is -21 now.

Preston play

Millwall away- Millwall, could get complacent or flop under pressure

Cardiff home- Cardiff are beatable

Ipswich away- nothing to play for now

Watford home-nothing to play for

Scunny are 8 (effectively 9, because, they have -39 goal difference)

Scunny play

Coventry away- Cov are on their best form in months

Millwall home- Millwall, could get complacent or flop under pressure

Florest away-Forest, could flop under pressure, ala Palace

Pompey home, Pompey playing only for pride,

Luckily, we have a huge gap and also two more buffer teams in the mire

Palace

Both Scunny and Preston are breathing down their necks, 4 points gap

Palace have the hardest run in after us.

Donny away- palace are poor awy, donny in terrible form

Leeds home, Leeds look like they are in self destruct mode, but

Hull away-Hull, could flop under pressure

Florest-home, could we be relying on the Red Dogs reaching the play offs?

Donny

On a bad losing run, effectively 6 points above the drop zone

Palace home- neither side will want to lose

Barnsley away- Yorkshire rivals, no pressure on the tykes

Leicester- home, Foxes my be chasing play offs still

Boro -away, Boro finishing season well

Although fairly confident that we are out of danger, like others, that nagging feeling at the back of my mind will linger until relegation is mathematically impossible.

It is highly unlikely that all three teams directly below us will all muster enough points from their remaining games and reduce the GD deficit sufficiently to overtake us.

However, how Nigel says we can relax now is beyond comprehension. The last thing you want us to do now is take the foot off of the pedal (if it was ever on...)

Perhaps we could get thousands of t-shirts printed for the Bristol City and Burnley games:

[sIZE=3]

NIGEL

SAYS

RELAX[/sIZE]

We could lose all of our remaining games and stay up! There is no way any of these teams are going to win 3 never mond 4 games. Take a chill pill, I have a sneaky feeling we will get something from QPR tomorrow night!

See have faith, I said I thought we would get somthing tonight!

WE ARE SAFE!

Looks like we are hitting a bit of an upturn in form. One loss in 6 games, including playing the 4 of the top 6 teams.

9 points out of 18 isn't a bad return considering the quality of the opposition.

It's amazing the difference that a settled back four and pace up front makes.

The way things stand as of tonight, Derby are four points from mathematical safety. This is based on the idea that Ssausagehorpe and Preston were to win all their remaining matches.

The quickest route now to survival would be Derby picking up at least one point against Burnley AND both Ssausagehorpe and Preston to lose Friday/Saturday's fixtures.

OR

Derby to beat Burnley AND Ssausagehorpe to draw.

Don't forget that our goal difference is worth an extra point. Tonight, we're 10 points above the relegation zone.

That's 3 wins and a draw minimum. Any defeat for Scunny would see us safe.

The definition of mathematical safety requires it to be impossible for the lower teams to catch up. Even if Ssausagehorpe gave a GD of -100 it's still mathematically possible for them to score over 100 goals but the probability of this would be similar to winning the Euromillions jackpot.

If Ssausagehorpe can get a maximum of 12 points but Derby are 13 ahead then there's no way mathematically they can catch up even if they score a million goals.

We could probably even afford one of either Preston or Scunny winning all of their remaining matches and still being ok, even if we picked up no further points. Palace are 6 points behind, an inferior GD, and games against Forest and Leeds to come in the next few weeks. Plus away games at Hull (still going for the playoffs) and Donnie (still fighting relegation themselves).

Besides, we'll beat at least one of Burnley or Bristol City IMO.

Archived