We need more points

PistoldPete

We could lose all of our remaining games and stay up! There is no way any of these teams are going to win 3 never mond 4 games. Take a chill pill, I have a sneaky feeling we will get something from QPR tomorrow night!

I'm meaning to quote you here :p:D

Good shout!. I'm sure the majority thought we would get beat and have to witness Neil Warnock grinning like a fat lump of dough with a smile stuck to it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll be mathematically safe come Saturday 5pm.

And anyhow we've probably got the easiest run-in now..

Burnley (H) They're poor away from home.

Norwich (A) Granted difficult, expect to lose to a last minute goal!

Bristol City (H) 3 points is easily possible, they're average.

Reading (A) They'll have already made the playoffs and will field a weak team.

I predict 5 more points. And we'll finish 19th.

We'll be mathematically safe come Saturday 5pm.

And anyhow we've probably got the easiest run-in now..

Burnley (H) They're poor away from home.

Norwich (A) Granted difficult, expect to lose to a last minute goal!

Bristol City (H) 3 points is easily possible, they're average.

I predict 5 more points. And we'll finish 19th.

Obviously not 100% (Although I agree they should be in PO's).....But a very valid point. IF (Even tho I doubt) we have to rely on the game against Reading for vital points, then it is good to know that they could field a weaker team.

Obviously not 100% (Although I agree they should be in PO's).....But a very valid point. IF (Even tho I doubt) we have to rely on the game against Reading for vital points, then it is good to know that they could field a weaker team.

Arent Reading up for automatic. 8 straight wins. Keep that up and they will make the top 2

Yes, Reading are in the playoffs. However, if Reading are either in or within reach of automatic promotion then they will field a very strong team and will be playing to win.

Arent Reading up for automatic. 8 straight wins. Keep that up and they will make the top 2

D'oh!!!!

That's actually not a bad shout at all. Hmmmmmm, just checked fixtures, and that is a very serious possibility. Oh well, should be safe anyway.

Its a good job we bucked our form and picked up points out of Swansea, Leeds and QPR, and rallied to the comeback against Coventry otherwise we would be level on points with Ssausagehorpe, and above them on oal difference. Now that would have been a scary place to be with 4 games left

Its a good job we bucked our form and picked up points out of Swansea, Leeds and QPR, and rallied to the comeback against Coventry otherwise we would be level on points with Ssausagehorpe, and above them on oal difference. Now that would have been a scary place to be with 4 games left

Very valid point!!.......Who expected anything from those games. I thought maybe Coventry, but they are on form now MK is back. Good to see we are able to compete again.

Very valid point!!.......Who expected anything from those games. I thought maybe Coventry, but they are on form now MK is back. Good to see we are able to compete again.

Very valid points except I think we are 9 points ahead of Scunny arent we so those games gave us 8 points.

Still thing is we needed those points which of course was the title of the thread.

And I still think we need another point or two so I can enjoy the sunshine.

Very valid points except I think we are 9 points ahead of Scunny arent we so those games gave us 8 points.

Still thing is we needed those points which of course was the title of the thread.

And I still think we need another point or two so I can enjoy the sunshine.

Quick on the draw PistoldPete!!

Stop making me look silly now and enjoy the sun :p

Yeah, we'll get 2 more points at least..........(Crosses Fingers)

Quick on the draw PistoldPete!!

Stop making me look silly now and enjoy the sun :p

Yeah, we'll get 2 more points at least..........(Crosses Fingers)

Scunny darwing today means pretty much they must win all their games and we must lose all our games.

And Donny drawing v Palace means neither are certain to finish above us even if we do lose all our games.

Preston losing tonight now means only two points separate Derby from mathematical safety. These two points can come either by a win at Norwich or Ssausagehorpe losing/drawing to Millwall on Monday.

Preston can't catch us.

Sheffield United can't catch us.

Derby 49 (-9)

Donny 46 (-23)

Palace 44 (-23)

Ssausagehorpe 41 (-39)

Remaining games:

Barnsley v Donny

Palace v Leeds

Norwich v Derby

Scunny v Millwall

Derby v Bristol City

Donny v Leicester

Hull v Palace

Forest v Scunny

Palace v Forest

Boro v Donny

Reading v Derby

Scunny v Pompey

I think only Donny can realistically finish ahead of us, assuming we lose all 3 and they pick up 4 points. (Which is a big ask on their form and with their remaining fixtures).

I'm secretly hoping Scunny beat Millwall tomorrow, with Palace losing. I expect them both to lose their away games but it would make the last game of the season fantastic.. Palace at home to Forest, both fighting for different reasons and Scunny having a very winnable home game against Pompey.

Archived