We need more points

PistoldPete

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We might need 4 points!!! one of the bottom 3 is 9 behind another is 8 with 12 to play for.

Yes but our goal difference is VASTLY superior. So 1 point means Preston need 11 more points from 4 games ie 4 wins and Scunny 10 points ie 3 wins and a draw. 1 point would mean neither could afford to lose a game.

3 more points from us take us to 12 points above Preston (safe from them) and 11 above Scunny so they would need 4 wins out of 4. Not mathematically safe but bear in mind evenb if Scunny performed a miracle Palace would also need to get 9 points out of 4 games Donny would need 6 from 4 too so all 3 would need a dramatic improvement on their season long form to finish ahead of us. That all assumes we get 3 more points but the games away look very tough.

Yes but our goal difference is VASTLY superior. So 1 point means Preston need 11 more points from 4 games ie 4 wins and Scunny 10 points ie 3 wins and a draw. 1 point would mean neither could afford to lose a game.

3 more points from us take us to 12 points above Preston (safe from them) and 11 above Scunny so they would need 4 wins out of 4. Not mathematically safe but bear in mind evenb if Scunny performed a miracle Palace would also need to get 9 points out of 4 games Donny would need 6 from 4 too so all 3 would need a dramatic improvement on their season long form to finish ahead of us. That all assumes we get 3 more points but the games away look very tough.

Crystal Palace and Doncaster could catch us very easily - 2 wins more than us for Palace and 1 win and a draw for Doncaster.(Mind you Palace have to play Doncaster yet)

Our GD isnt vastly superior. All it would take to overturn it is a stuffing against one of the big boys like QPR, Reading or Norwich. and them to win every game and we could be overtaken by them.

Lets just say we lost by 3 goals Tomorrow we would be 9 points above with a GD only 11 better. (-10 for us and -21 for them)

If we then lost three of our remaining games by two goals and won one by one goal our GD becomes -16. If they won there games by only 1 goal they will have a GD of -17. So is our GD really vastly superior?

The saving grace regarding our position relative to Preston is that our head to head record aginst them IS vastly superior and if GD is tied then we will be above them.

Crystal Palace and Doncaster could catch us very easily - 2 wins more than us for Palace and 1 win and a draw for Doncaster.

If we win one more game 1-0 then we will be 12 points ahead of Preston, with a GD of about 15 better. We could lose 2 nil every other game and they win by two goals. and hey presto that Goal Difference isnt Vastly superior at all. All it would take to overturn it is a stuffing against one fo the big boys loke QPR, Reading or Norwich.

Eh? Palace and Donny would not catch us easily if we win one game. Palace would need to win 3 out of 4 which isnt easy.

Eh? Palace and Donny would not catch us easily if we win one game. Palace would need to win 3 out of 4 which isnt easy.

Okay I take back the easily bit, but one win may not be enough and I am not confident that our GD is that superior to Preston - given we are palying Reading, QPR and Norwich away who are very capable of scoring lots of goals.

Okay I take back the easily bit, but one win may not be enough and I am not confident that our GD is that superior to Preston - given we are palying Reading, QPR and Norwich away who are very capable of scoring lots of goals.

I think what you are looking for is mathematical certainty. Do any of the teams play each other ie Palace v Donny or Donny v Scunny?

I won't be happy until it is mathematic. I can still remember the freak results that let WBA make their great escape from relegation from the Premier League.

Until we are further ahead than points left to play for we are not safe.

I tend to agree. Bottom 3 clubs tend to be be abysmal most of the season, then with 10 or so games to go realise they're in the mire and start fighting for their lives. Brings some strange results at times. Look no further than Preston. It's unlikely we'll be catched but still very possible and it would be naive to think otherwise.

The 3 away fixtures I have down as 0 points. Maybe could sneak one but rather cautious than optimistic on this front. Like Dav says, be ideal if we can come out with the goal difference intact. We don't want a Cardiff showing of last season or something similar. 2 home games key. Before Leeds I went on record saying I didn't think we'd win again term but obviously got that wrong. 3 points from 6 should be realistic I'd imagine.

You lot are deluded if you think there is a possibility of us being relegated..

No chance.

I mentioned this even when there was only an 8 point gap with 6 games remaining.

The bottom clubs haven't all season taken more than 10 points from any given 6 game period let alone out-done us over a 6 game period by 10 points, hence they're in the bottom 3, they're awful.

We might have hard games left, but it doesn't mean we can't pick up a few more points here or there.. As for the others, as if they're going to win all there games.. Preston and Utd are down. Ssausagehorpe will try and chase Palace but they'll fail to overhaul them.

They're in the bottom 3 because they all can't string more than 2 wins together and haven't done all season.

No chance.

I mentioned this even when there was only an 8 point gap with 6 games remaining.

The bottom clubs haven't all season taken more than 10 points from any given 6 game period let alone out-done us over a 6 game period by 10 points, hence they're in the bottom 3, they're awful.

We might have hard games left, but it doesn't mean we can't pick up a few more points here or there.. As for the others, as if they're going to win all there games.. Preston and Utd are down. Ssausagehorpe will try and chase Palace but they'll fail to overhaul them.

They're in the bottom 3 because they all can't string more than 2 wins together and haven't done all season.

It all hinges on what your definition of possibility is. All I'm saying is I wouldn't put my mortgage on it whilst there is still a chance, albeit very slim. This is football, its happened before and will happen again.

No chance.

Exactly.....

We are safe IMO too. We don't even need to get a single point. Although, I predict 2x Draws at BC + Burnley. This will give us 50 points!!

You telling me Ssausagehorpe will get 3 wins and a Draw against a much improved Coventry, Millwall, Florist and Portsmouth???

I mean, if you look at each game by itself, then you may think they pose the ability to 'shock'. But like you pointed out Bris, they haven't been able to string games together all season. There is NO WAY we will be caught and subsequently get relegated.

Simples.

Exactly.....

We are safe IMO too. We don't even need to get a single point. Although, I predict 2x Draws at BC + Burnley. This will give us 50 points!!

You telling me Ssausagehorpe will get 3 wins and a Draw against a much improved Coventry, Millwall, Florist and Portsmouth???

I mean, if you look at each game by itself, then you may think they pose the ability to 'shock'. But like you pointed out Bris, they haven't been able to string games together all season. There is NO WAY we will be caught and subsequently get relegated.

Simples.

We could lose all of our remaining games and stay up! There is no way any of these teams are going to win 3 never mond 4 games. Take a chill pill, I have a sneaky feeling we will get something from QPR tomorrow night!

Exactly.....

Simples.

Scuny won at Palace ( none has done that for a long time) and beat QPR 4-1 . In between they lost to Reading who are on a terrific run. Do not understimate them.

But having seen Prestons run in Watford Millwall Cardiff and Ipswich I cant see them winning all those games can you?

Archived