The most hated family in America

WorksopRam

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you take into account the final League positions for seasons 1969/70 - 1974/75 you get this...

Derby County FC 4 1 7 3 1

Liverpool 5 3 1 2 2

Dirty, dirty Leeds 2 2 3 1 9

which means that technically, based on a weighting for actually winning the title, Derby were "by far, the greatest team, the world has ever seen" for this five year period.

I will, of course, accept your full apology with the utmost grace.:D:D:D

Right, lets apply old-style Formula 1 type points to these 5 seasons, ie 10points for 1st place, 6 for 2nd etc down to 1 point for 7th place.

Derby (we are the champions, champions of England) 30points

Liverpool, 30points

Leeds, 27points (reduced to 3 for cheating).

Take into account we have two 1st places in that period as a tie-break,that puts DCFC on top, unequivocally, without doubt, case closed, job done, end of.

[sIZE=1]and alphabetically:redface:[/sIZE]

I will think of another criteria soon.

That is my FAVORITE example of all....

We finished third...

8 points...yes...8 points ABOVE fourth placed West Brom

We BEAT West Brom twice that season.

We won more away games than any other team in the history of Derby County Football Club

Only 2 teams were better than us that season.

We were the third best team....8 points...8 points above 4th...did you get that...8 points...that is 2 wins and 2 draws better than the team that finished 1 place below us....8 points....!

That is my FAVORITE example of all....

We finished third...

8 points...yes...8 points ABOVE fourth placed West Brom

We BEAT West Brom twice that season.

We won more away games than any other team in the history of Derby County Football Club

Only 2 teams were better than us that season.

We were the third best team....8 points...8 points above 4th...did you get that...8 points...that is 2 wins and 2 draws better than the team that finished 1 place below us....8 points....!

I think the point is moot.

The object is to finish as high as poss in the table. whether you play like Barca or Stoke is not the ultimate measure of a succesful team.

Personally i would prefer to play supreme football but it is not a requirement of finishing top of the league.

Perhaps the wording should be the "most successful team in amassing points will win the league"

A lot of people believe Arsenal play better football than Man U. Man U will go down in the history books as winning the title easily.

Arsenal may be the better team aesthetically. Man U are the better all round team at amassing points.

I think the point is moot.

The object is to finish as high as poss in the table. whether you play like Barca or Stoke is not the ultimate measure of a succesful team.

Personally i would prefer to play supreme football but it is not a requirement of finishing top of the league.

Perhaps the wording should be the "most successful team in amassing points will win the league"

A lot of people believe Arsenal play better football than Man U. Man U will go down in the history books as winning the title easily.

Arsenal may be the better team aesthetically. Man U are the better all round team at amassing points.

Archived